Chapter 12

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for coming into my life”

            She didn’t know what he meant by that but she welcomed his hug. Normally, she wouldn’t just hug so freely but it was Baekhyun, who was always very touchy. She thought he was just being grateful because they are friends. She didn’t really understand because she should be the one thanking him. The way he looked at her made her heart fluttered in uncertainty. What more to say if he smiled at her? Her heart leaped at the sight of him smiling at her. However, she wasn’t sure whether she was developing feelings or was it just because it was because he was her friend and with him hugging her so tenderly, her heart summersault a million times but of course, she struggled to keep really calm. She had always admired Baekhyun ever since the day he told her that he knew about her. He was so warm towards her, he made her really comfortable.

            “Boss Baek, I should be the one thanking you not the other way around”, she whispered to his ear since they were still hugging. He didn’t reply but he hugged her tighter showing he heard her. Her fingers tucked his shirt, signaling they should break the hug. He was reluctant to break it, he loved the warmth of their bodies but he knew he had to release her sooner later. He swung her body playfully, slightly lifting her body. She held on to his sleeve in shock before he let go and got hit in the shoulder by Ji Eun. He just laughed off while patting her head.

            “See you on Monday”, she said smiling sweetly to Baekhyun. She continued wishing him a safe journey home. There was no doubt that there was something between them. Her parents discussed about it while peeking through the window, seeing their daughter interacted with her so called boss. They cleared their throat as soon as Ji Eun stepped into the house. Ji Eun chuckled, knowing what her parents were thinking. “We are just friends!”, she defended before they started bombarding her with questions.

            She always made a point to come back home every weekend, sleeping at her parents’ house. It felt just like when she was in university where she would stay in her hostel every weekday and she’ll come back as soon as weekdays started but it changed after she got kidnapped. Her parents made her stay home, fetching and sending her every day to her university. She wasn’t the only one traumatized, she was sure after seeing how her parents treated her with so much love, as if she can disappear any second.

            She went closer to her parents and hugged them. It was sort of like a group hug. She hugged them so tightly and said “Thank you for adopting me. I wouldn’t want any other mother or father except for you both. I love you”, she ended her words by pecking her parent’s forehead. She teared up a little. The settled down for the rest of the night drinking Ji Eun’s favourite hot chocolate made by her mother while her parent sipped their tea.

            It was Monday and Ji Eun had returned to her apartment the night before. In all honesty, her apartment was still quite far but she can’t really complain about it. She was a bit worried about going home today and of course, the other days as well since she will be working normally now, like a legit working hour. She will work from nine in the morning till six in the evening, that is if she had nothing else going on or meeting with Baekhyun. Six in the evening was already quite dark.

            Ji Eun went to work extra early, she wanted to ask Baekhyun something, knowing he will come early, anticipating today’s menu changes. He would talk to all the customer about it which made Ji Eun more nervous. Plus, she will be working with people today, her supervisor and other dessert chefs. Baekhyun always do that, talking to customer but this time, feedback on dessert will be asked. That was one of the reasons customers came flocking the restaurant, to see Baekhyun. His personality was definitely a plus point. Even the staffs had crush on him, Ji Eun wasn’t an exception.

            “Good morning Mr. Byun”, Ji Eun as she peeked through his office door. “Are you ready for today, Ji Eun?”, he asked after greeting her. She honestly told him how she was really nervous. He patted her back and told her not to worry about anything and how he was so sure she will do fine. “Hmm, Boss,” Ji Eun started. Baekhyun was already giving his full attention to her, knowing she was nervous asking about something. She was always like that which made her so adorable to him.

            “say, if I want to experiment on the fusion. I-I mean for the dessert, I can stay here right?”, She paused, waiting for his respond but seeing him knitting his eyebrow, Ji Eun sensed he was confused. “I-I mean in the staff room.”, she further explained. Baekhyun walked closer to her. He placed his hands on her cheeks, cupping her skinny cheeks but her skin was so soft that it distracted him for a while. He smiled at Ji Eun and dipped his face closer to her ears “you can do anything, Ji Eun-ah”, he whispered. Ji Eun shivered for a second, getting chills from him before she distant herself a few steps away. Her heart definitely stopped beating for a second there, she thought.

            She didn’t really explain to him how she planned to sleep in the staffroom if she was to stay till it was really late but she decided it was for the best. He would flip, getting worried. She wouldn’t want that. Besides, she wanted to be independent. She went back to the kitchen after trying to convince herself that Baekhyun was only her friend, nothing beyond. He was her boss and she can’t cross any line. She sometimes hated how Baekhyun likes to joke because he made her more confused. While she was starting to bake, preparing for a large helping of cakes and pastry, someone entered the kitchen. She was too focus on what she was doing tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter