Chapter 15

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the hell, Ha Neul?!” Baekhyun questioned Ha Neul angrily. Ha Neul shrugged his shoulder, not knowing what he had done. “Now, she knows I didn’t eat her cakes all these while, you bastard”, he grunted under his breathe. Ha Neul replied simply by saying, “why can’t you be honest with her? What’s so hard about it?”. “It wasn’t easy getting her, she’s so passive. I am just afraid of screwing things up, okay?”, he confessed to Ha Neul. Ha Neul hummed, waiting for him to continue his confession. “I-I, she wants things to be slow. I’m not used to it, to girls who make me chase them or go according to her phase. She’s so afraid of everything, she flinched even when I touch her hand.” he continued expressing his frustration.

            He looks tired, Ji Eun thought after seeing Baekhyun a while ago. She sighed and went back to work. Focusing on more fusions to be served and tested. As she was still experimenting on her recipe, she received a notification which she didn’t bother reading but after it kept on ringing which meant the sender was pestering her, she gave up and read the text. She smiled looking at the name of the sender. Quickly, she cleaned up her part of the table and rushed to the staff room to change out of her uniform. It was almost the end of her shift anyways. She went to her helpers before leaving, informing them, as well as Ha Neul, whom she can’t look in the eyes.

            She waited at the entrance excitedly as a familiar car came. She slid right into the car without waiting any longer. “Hello!”, she greeted in a cheerful voice, Baekhyun knew she was excited. He replied with a nod and continued driving. “Where are we going today?”, “we are going on a date”, he replied calmly. She gasped in shock, covered when she heard herself. Baekhyun chuckled at her reaction. “What? I should have prepared something. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” she asked in a whiny tone, pretending to sulk. “Because I don’t want you to worry like this”, he said while pinching her cheek.

            They arrived at a place not too far from Seoul, it took him around an hour of drive. It was a quiet place and the sun was already leaving while the moon slowly making an entrance to the view. Sunset, the best and beautiful time for a date, Baekhyun thought. He stopped at a building, led Ji Eun to the top floor, revealing a pent house. Inside the house, it was very cozy and homey. Ji Eun was impressed looking at the setting of this house, she never knew there was this side of Baekhyun. Baekhyun then took her hand and guided her to the balcony, revealing a huge stretch of balcony. “I do most of my activity here”, Baekhyun informed her. There was a small table at the balcony, a table for two. It was covered by Turkish crochet that resembled lace. In the centre of the table, there was a candlestick for three candles.

            “Do you want to help me cook dinner?” Baekhyun asked politely as he intertwined his fingers with Ji Eun’s. Ji Eun smiled and replied “maybe, you should leave dinner to me”, she said as her pointy finger tap Baekhyun’s nose, teasing him. He led her to the kitchen and told her what he was planning to cook. She gladly cooked for him, of course he offered to help her preparing their dinner. “I didn’t realize you can cook as well”, he commented after testing her carbonara. “Stop eating it, you’ll be full even before dinner!”, Ji Eun warned while she was busy searching for some more herbs to finish her dish. Baekhyun didn’t had to do much as she took control of the kitchen, he guessed it was just her area. He quietly sat on the kitchen counter, watching her every move. Occasionally, he would try to take some food into his mouth but Ji Eun managed to smack his hand off most of the time. When she was finally done, just finishing off with the garnishing, she got startled by a pair of hands wrapped around her waist.

            Baekhyun rested his chin on her shoulder, his nose inhaled her exhilarating smell. He couldn’t get enough of her and after what happened earlier today, guilt was eating him up. He had to clear things out with her. She smiled, reacting to what Baekhyun was doing. She turned her body despite how limited her movement was, and hugged Baekhyun properly. “I’m a bit smelly tho”, she said, making Baekhyun laughed. What did he do to deserve this gem? he thought thankfully. “Are you okay, Baekhyunnie?”, She asked, her voice and tone was so dearly making Baekhyun’s guilt grew. Although she felt suffocated with the hug, she tried to tolerate it for the sake of Baekhyun. She always felt very uncomfortable with any touch, it was just an effect after what had happened to her. She was too afraid of everything, she knew that. She tried to change that, especially for Baekhyun. “Just let me stay like this for a while, Ji Eun-ah”, he muffled over her shoulder. She could feel his hot breath. why was it so hot? Was he sick? She thought but she stayed as instructed.

            Simple dish, accompanied by the view of the n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter