Chapter 29

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Finally”, he squeezed her tight, breathing in her scent. “I miss you so much”, he whispered at her ear. She turned around and hugged him. “Oh, am I not hurting you?”, she asked referring to her hugs. He shook his head and tightened the hug. She broke the hug as her back was aching, stretching to hug him. She sat together with him on the hospital bed. “You should be discharged in a few more days, I can take care of your wounds when you’re out of the hospital. You still can’t walk properly yet… and I could…”, she was stopped. “Ji Eun-ah, don’t worry. We’ll see how things go. Hmm, does your parents know about me?”, he asked. She could sense that he has been wanting to ask her as he kept of clearing his throat. She giggled thinking about his habits.

“What?” curiously, he asked. She waved her hands saying it was nothing. “Hmm, they don’t know yet”, she answered seriously. “How do you think I should come clean to them? Should I do it now? So that there’s some mercy for them?” he continued coming out with alternatives. She laughed it off and shut him up with a peck. As she was about to break the kiss, his hands s around her neck and pushed for another kiss. “The most important thing, are you okay with me? I know I remind you of bad memories, after all, I was the one ruining you”, he spoke slowly while their eyes were still close and their forehead met.

She pecked his lips again. “I won’t be doing this if you ruin my life. Thank you for always saving me”, she whispered shyly. He chuckled knowing that she was embarrassed to say that. “Ji Eun-ah, you’re so adorable”, he praised her as he drew closer to nozzle with her nose. She skipped out of his bed and said “you should rest”, as she made her way out of his room to see the nurse. When she came back, he was already sound asleep. She decided to do him a favour and pack his things as the nurse said he could be out by today. She had studied how to clean his wounds and jotted down the dates more check ups.

When he was awake, he asked her, who was busy from left to right of the room. “Ah, you could be discharged today so, I’m packing all your things…and, I have notified Mrs Kwon and my parents.”, she said proudly. He smiled appreciatively. “Let me help you get ready, I’ll call the nurse to clean your wounds for today”, she informed him. “Sunbae”, she retracted her steps, “my parents are going to send you to your house, they insisted to help you and I am allowed to stay at your place to take care of you”, she smiled and made her way out.

Getting discharge was hectic, at least for Ha Neul but not for Ji Eun, her parents are chaotic in nature. Her father was trying to push the wheelchair and aided Ha Neul’s every movement, insisted to help. Her mother was busy taking care of the food she brought to stock up his refrigerator. Ji Eun quickly opened the door to his place while her mother dashed in towards the kitchen, she kept the door opened and assisted her mother. “Where is the…”, “Oh, it’s in the second drawer”. Ji Eun answered, knowing her mother needs more container to store the food. “Spoon- cutleries are in the first drawer on your left”, Ji Eun casually informed which caused suspicion to her mother. “ Ji Eun, which one is Ha Neul’s room and which is the guest room?”, she asked. “The left is his and the right one is the guest room”, she answered absent mindedly. “And how do you know all these?”, she asked. Ji Eun stopped half way, caught off guard by the question. “A- ah, I experimented on new cakes and pastries here instead of the restaurant cause Ha Neul-shi will send me back after I’m done”, she answered honestly, well partially. “And that is all?”, her mother provoked. “em, um, oh, remember I told you I got drunk, yeah, I slept here haha”, she laughed awkwardly. Her mother smiled knowing that it isn’t the full truth.

Both Ha Neul and Ji Eun thanked her parents for the help. She escorted them out. “Take care of him well and don’t misbehave. I’ll call you often and maybe visit”, her mother scowled knowing that their relationship aren’t just friends or colleagues. She laughed nervously and nodded. She let out a big sigh once she entered into his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter