Chapter 27

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 She woke up exhausted. She looked to her side, looking at Ha Neul who was already awake. Again, staring at her. she gave him a sleepy smile. “You’re so beautiful”, he exclaimed, always in awe as he traced her long hair till the very end, on her waist. He knew she was blushing. She was always very shy. “You’re good looking too”, she struggled to say as her shyness flooded her. She stood up hurriedly from the bed, going to the toilet. She heard him chuckle at the sight of her stumbling out from the bed, with the duvet she was holding on to draped around her body.

 “Look at me”, he ordered her as he slowly lifted her to positioned herself. He moved himself closer to the side of the couch so that her back can lean against it while the weight of her body was pressed on his lap. He laid her head on the armrest carefully, her lower back against his thigh and her legs laid on top of his other thigh. Ji Eun looked at him obediently. “I love your eyes”, he praised her as he pecked both of her eyes. “and your cute nose”, he linked his nose to hers as she scrunched her nose, smiling. “You have amazing lips”, he slowly leaned towards .

But, the house bell rang. Ji Eun, who was flustered shot up, getting up from him to get it. “I-I’ll get it”, she walked slowly towards the door. With one hand, he lifted her up straight like carrying a pole, he brought her legs to the ground as they reached the door. Ha Neul took care of the food, persisted that she should rest by carrying her back to the couch, forcing her to stay still. She was glad he was back to normal, more cheerful than he ever was. He came back to the couch bringing food and drinks. “You look so cute when you eat”, he knowing she would blush. she almost chocked on her food hearing what he said but he was quick to give her a glass of water hearing her cough from his statement. He was still very guilty as he felt responsible for ruining her life, her whole life. She was insecure, scared and careful all the time compared to what her mother described how she used to be. She was cheerful and bubbly, adventurous and carefree but what he did to her destroyed her. he was determined to fix that.

“Did you have anything to do with me getting the job?”, she asked referring to the job she had. “You do, don’t you?”, she pressed for answer looking at his changed expression. “I was trying to help you and I knew you like baking”, he admitted. “Explain”, she cautioned in a serious voice. “Fine!”, he surrendered. “I’ve been watching you ever since you were out of the hospital”, he confessed. “That night with my friends, you were watching me?”, she inquired. He hummed yes. “I don’t even know why you call them friends. What kind of friend is that? I was really close to breaking the door down”, he recalled angrily. “Thank you, Oppa”, she emphasized on calling him knowing he would like it.

“I do not want to spoil the mood, but I think I need to talk about this”, Ha Neul changed his voice. It wasn’t that teasing anymore, it was serious. Ji Eun looked up to his face, waiting for him to continue. “The war is not over”, he slowly revealed. She gulped, she understood what he meant. The war between him, and his mother, and the Double Js. He was still going to haunt her with pictures, notes or maybe worse. She nodded, exhaling in agreement, instantly closing the gap between them. He willingly embraced her tightly. “It’s alright, we do this together, you won’t be alone this time. I am here with you”, he ended with a kiss on her forehead. She snuggled closer, afraid of what may come. “Would you like me to come clean to your parents?”, he asked as the guilt was still eating him up. Ji Eun looked up to meet his eyes, her fingers s around his neck, bringing it lower to her face, planted a kiss on his lips. He could feel her smile on his lips. “Together, we’ll tell them”, she whispered.

            Finally, it wasn’t him who was awake first. She laid on her side, facing him who was sound asleep. She smiled, tracing his eyebrows, eyes, nose and mouth until a doorbell interrupted her. she sat up, wondering who could it be in the morning. Closing the bedroom door and taking one of his cardigan, hanging from a chair from the island stool, she wrapped it around her, covering her outfit which was again, his t-shirt, only. She pressed the controller who see the person who rang the doorbell but there was no one. She called out, inquiring. “Who is it?” but there was clearly no one. Her heart began to race as thoughts flooded her mind of all bad things. Her eyes fixed to the screen which showed no one, just an em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter