Chapter 4

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT THE HELL, M?!”, Jae let out real anger in one sentence. M? That was his name? Ji Eun thought with her expression crunched up. M motioned his head towards the door, signaling Jae to leave, as assumed by Ji Eun. “You want me to freaking leave my freaking room?!” Jae inquired in disbelief. M walked slowly towards Jae whose hand was still glued to Ji Eun’s second button, he pulled Jae’s fingers away from Ji Eun’s clothing with his two gloved fingers, as if he was disgusted by Jae’s skin. He then took Ji Eun’s wrists and pulled her up, behind him. He turned towards Jae and simply said, “I don’t want an old lady, you take her”. With that, he went out dragging Ji Eun to another room leaving Jae in disbelief. Jae let out a loud frustrating scream as they left the room, decorated by some colourful curse words.

            He locked the door while Ji Eun stood awkwardly behind him, still being cuffed. Her eyes roamed around the room looking for opportunities also, not sure of what to do. After locking the door, he looked at Ji Eun for a second before placing his hand on her shoulder. She flinched at his movements and remained tensed. He lightly carried her to the bed and she sat obediently on the edge of the bed. She was very confused. He took a chair and spun it in front of Ji Eun, he sat on the chair, at the same level as Ji Eun. Their knees were touching causing Ji Eun to bring her knees up to hug it but before she could even hug it, he removed his glove from one hand and the other he kept the glove on. His hands were placed on her knees, giving it a little pressure, hinting to Ji Eun to put it down. She hesitated for a moment but agreed anyways in the end.

            He took Ji Eun’s hands and placed it on her knees. She tried to retract her hands but she was too tired to even lift a finger, what more to say if battling with a man’s strength? He then proceeded to unlock the cuffs around her wrists. He rubbed the bruise on her wrists to sooth it lightly, knowing that it had burnt her skin from both the rope and cuffs. He then continued to bend a little further to release her ankles from the cuffs. Ji Eun just stared at him. Her eyes were filled with questions and confusion. She was skeptical of how gentle he was towards her. She was positive that there were reasons behind his so-called kindness towards her. Nevertheless, he was still the one who took her and her hatred remained toward him.

            Her thoughts were cut short when M stood back up and walked towards a set of drawers. He slid the drawer opened and motioned his head to the direction of the drawer for Ji Eun to see. Ji Eun stood up reluctantly, stumbling forward and saw a few sets of fresh clean clothes. Soon after, he moved to another door inside the room and opened it for Ji Eun to see. It was a toilet. “Wash up and rest”, he said with an icy tone. With that, he left.

            Ji Eun quickly rummaged the whole room in hope to find something for her to escape but first, she went to door, jumbling forcefully the door knob hoping it would miraculously open. She went to look into every drawer, every corner of the room but she was getting more and more frustrated as she couldn’t find anything useful. Not even a nail or screw, nothing sharp, nothing can be used to plot her escape. She looked at the curtain and drew it, hoping to see a different sight but the window was covered by another concrete wall. She was officially trapped with no way out and no sense of time. She went into the bathroom and got devastated. She collapsed on the floor, sobbing silently. She was worn out, she needed to go back home, she was kidnapped. She hugged her knees tightly as if her life was holding on to that. But I can’t give up yet, she thought. She breathed deeply as if refreshing her life and started to examine the room once again, accompanied by determination.

            “you never fail to surprise me, Ji Eun”,

            She froze. He locked the door once again. He knew my name? How? She thought in shocked. And how the heck did he entered the room without a single sound? He walked passed her and place a tray with food on it on the table. He crouched down to meet her eye level. She looked away, embarrassed and afraid. “Eat up, wash up and rest. You can think of escaping after resting.”, he said, rather warm and comforting. He stood once he said that and walked towards the door. Before exiting, he turned around once again but Ji Eun remained facing on the other side. She heard him snickered in amusement before shutting the door gently. He was definitely a psychopath, playing with her mind, she thought confidently.

            In disappointment, she shut her eyes regretfully and stood up. She opened the drawer filled with clothes and made her way to the bathroom. She soaked herself in the bathtub filled with hot water for a long time as her mind endlessly seeking for ideas to escape this circumstance. She put on the clothes provided, which was an oversized t-shirt and a knee length baggy pants. It must have belonged to the kidnappers, she thought. It was comfortable and the only thing in her mind was just the bed. She threw herself on the bed, ignoring the fact that she should have dried her hair first. She wrapped herself with the fluffy duvet and fell asleep instantly.

            He opened the door, checking up on her. Her food was left untouched. He took the tray away and left the mineral water bottle in the room. He walked closer towards the sleeping Ji Eun. He placed his gloveless hand on her forehead. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter