Chapter 28

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Doctor, how is he?”

“Don’t worry, he is a strong man”

Detective Cho came to listen to the doctor while Ji Eun was desperate to see him. “..for now, we would like him to rest. We will allow visitors only once he is more stable”, the doctor ended. Ji Eun exhaled in relief, or of sort. She fell on the floor once her adrenaline rush left her body and exhaustion fell on her. The nurses were fast to catch her, or they were already on standby mode seeing how she was looking lifeless waiting for him almost half of a day. Detective Cho took care of her and allocated one room for her to revitalize herself. She was able to sleep or faint only for a couple of hours before she started panicking searching for Ha Neul. She stood up from the bed, now dressed in the hospital’s gown. She walked barefooted, hands tracing the walls and any furniture for support, identifying the floor she was on before heading to the elevator. She pressed four, remembering where Ha Neul was. She went to a nurse whom she recognized and asked her of his condition.

“He’s more stable if you want to see him”, she gave the nurse a weak grateful smile, relief that she could finally see him and languorously walked towards his room. The beeping sound was the first thing she heard, and she was thankful that it was beeping, his heartbeat. She went to his bed, almost lunging herself towards it. She sobbed as soon as her eyes landed on his bruised face. His blue-bruised eyes, swollen cheeks and busted lips. “What do I do? Look at you!”, she said in between her sob as her fingers raked his hair delicately, fixing his hair to how he would have styled it. He was still unconscious, lying peacefully. His abdomen seemed to be thick of layers of bandages from being stabbed. She grazed it lightly, feeling guilty. His arm and calf too, was wrapped at least with five layers and there was still spots of blood seen. It must have been a deep stab that he was receiving. She cried once again, holding his hand in hers, begging for forgiveness.

She slept in tears and was awoken by a ruckus outside his room. She looked up him and he was still unconscious. It has been more than twenty-four hours. She went out of the room, curious by the ruckus. There were Mrs. Kwon, detective Cho and an unknown lady. She was one making a huge ruckus and Mrs. Kwon and Detective Cho were trying to calm her furiousness. When Mrs. Kwon saw Ji Eun, she instinctively dragged her out of the scene and hugged her once she was away from his room.

“She is Ha Neul’s mother and, I think it’s not safe for you to be in her sight”, Mrs. Kwon answered her puzzled look. She explained further that his mother knew how Ji Eun looked like and she has been the one ordering the Double Js to keep Ji Eun quiet and it includes Ha Neul, who was interrupting his mother’s plan. He used the excuse of seeing her and working with her as a plan to keep her quiet or keep tab on her but later was busted that it was for his personal reason. When his mother knew that he was actually involved with her, with feelings, she went berserk. Hence, the appearance of double Js. Ji Eun held her head in the hands, everything was just to chaotic for her, Mrs. Kwon hugged her seeing how lost she was. Ji Eun left her thought aside and asked her how was her husband instead. Mrs. Kwon brought her to see him. He was now awake, without wires plugged onto him. He still looked old and tired though. “Ji Eun-ah, why are you wearing the hospital’s clothing?”, was the first thing he asked when Ji Eun entered. Ji Eun tucked her hair behind her ear and flashed a bright smile. “I was just resting for a couple of hours, a little bit tired. Nothing serious. How are you feeling, Mr. Kwon?”, she asked as she took a seat beside his bed. “I am very much fine with the help of this beautiful lady here”, he said, signaling her wife who was blushing hearing his compliment. Ji Eun chuckled, hearing him talk more.

            She was with them for quite some time, they even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter