Chapter 10

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He planted his mouth on the nook of her neck. Her breathing hitched in shock. she elbowed him and opened the door but her other friend caught her and quickly shielded the door while the guy who was harassing her carried her forcefully to the bed and closed the door behind him. Her friends and their boyfriends were outside, enjoying themselves. She screamed for help but her friends outside screamed back “this is your graduation present, Ji Eun!”, she didn’t understand. She didn’t want to be in this position. She tried running away from this guy but he held her trapped underneath him as he savoured her skin with kisses. Luckily. she wasn’t undressed yet. This reminded of so much what had happened last two years. She tried to push the guy but he was too into it. With all her might, she kicked his groin and ran outside the room. Bolting her way to the main door.

She was out, she managed to, with hardship. She ran down to the bar. She could hear the guy and some of her friends were chasing her. she ran out of the bar. It was night time, her friend had promised to send her back but she didn’t think that will happen now. She ran, searching for a crowded place filled with sober people, not drunk ones. But before she reached any destination. A firm hand pulled her to a corner. He quickly motioned her to keep shut as she tried to free herself from him but wait, she recognized this guy. He was the guy who kept staring at her. She was in tears. Is this happening again? She thought. He quickly removed his coat and covered her body with it. “Follow my lead”, he instructed dominantly. He moved closely to but didn’t touch it. It was so close that she could feel his breath fanning . She heard shoes slapping on the floor getting closer to them. She felt this mysterious guy’s hands gently placed on her lower back and the other on her head, guiding her moves and keeping her head close to his.

“Excuse me”, she heard when the slapping shoe sound had ended. The guy turned around but carefully hiding Ji Eun behind him. The girl who asked tried to peak to see what he was hiding but he distracted her by wiping his mouth trying to give indication he was making out with Ji Eun. “Have you seen a girl running?”, she asked, catching her breathe.

“Can’t you see I am busy?”, his reply was so cold, even Ji Eun shivered in fear. Her friend apologized numerous times before going back to the bar. With that, he stepped further, walking away, leaving Ji Eun stoic there. Ji Eun quickly ran to him while her fingers fumbling to remove the coat from her.

“Excuse me”, she called but he was fast. Once the coat was off her, she looked up to see him gone. She sighed in annoyance and somehow relieved. She quickly jolted back her attention to where she was and rushing to a crowd so that she could be home soon. While she was walking near the subway, the called her parents, wanting them to fetch her at the other subway station near her house. This was one of the reasons she wanted to move. she didn’t want to depend on her parents, and knowing that she was home, she knew she could always call her parents when fear took over her.

“Whose coat are you carrying, Ji Eun?”, her mother asked seeing her carrying a huge coat and wearing another. “Oh, some guy who helped me”, she said, as precautious as possible. She didn’t want to tell her parents what had happened at the bar when they asked her how was the celebration. She simply said she had a lot of fun chatting with her friends. If she were to tell the truth, she definitely would lose the trust of her parents and that would lead to not having independent life.

            She freshened up and sat on her bed, gazing at the window across her bed. She walked towards the window, her elbows rested on the window pane as she enjoyed the cold night breeze. It was winter and the cold wind felt good. She looked at her wrist, it was still scarred. When she touched her skin, she could feel how it was uneven. She had tried to apply so many types of creams to remove it but it took a long time to be in this stage where her skin were almost the same tone. Unlike before, her the scarred part was darker than her skin tone, now it was slightly lighter but still visible.

            She thought of her time being kidnapped. She pitied the other two women, she didn’t know what happened to them after they were free but the officers did inform her that b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter