Chapter 22

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He leaned his face close to her without giving her a chance to react, he simply kissed her. At that time, the time froze as she could feel every inch of his lips onto her. As for him, his hands roamed around her body, circling her waist, claiming her lips as if it was always belonged to him. It felt like it took him eternity to break off the kiss as she was paralyzed by kiss, unable to move a muscle. After a while, she actually responded to the kiss, although it was awkward but abruptly stopped after realizing what she was doing. “I distracted you, as you wish”, he whispered to her ear, as she shivered at every vibration detected by her eardrum. It was seemed like she was weak from the kiss as her knees betrayed her, he instantly took her arms as he sensed that she could collapsed from shock any moment.

She gained consciousness of her legs once everything finally registered to her brain. She gasped loudly, hand clasping her lips, remembering what had happened a minute ago between them and how she responded to it. She looked him directly in the eyes, still shocked while he took this chance to remove her hands from and connect with her lips once again, this time, she responded. She broke the kiss again this time, but it was because she was out of breath. Smarter this time, she quickly pushed his hand that was on her waist, then the one on her cheek. She slid herself away from him, afraid of what may come after the kiss.

She looked at him, quite angry. “Yes, I wanted distraction but not like this! You took my first kiss!”, she went furious. He went closer to her, “well, if you want it back, you can return it to me”, she looked at him, disbelief while he scooted closer to her and kissed her once more. Her hands were on his chest, hitting him to let go of her while his hands were on her cheek and at the back of her neck. “For god’s sake, Ji Eun, don’t you know that I like you?”, he said while their foreheads were still connected. Why is he always full of surprises, she asked herself silently. She softened her tense body. “Don’t, don’t do that to me again. Don’t kiss me”, she replied softly and crashed her head on his chest, crying.

“Why, why are you crying? You don’t like me liking you?”, he asked worried as he lifted her head from his chest. He took her by the waist and put her on the counter. “You don’t like me kissing you? I’m sorry, Ji Eun-ah”, She looked down on her knees instead of replying. He placed both of his hands at her sides, caging her in his arm, leaning his body to hers. “Ji Eun-ah”, he called her. She looked up to him after a few seconds, placing her small pointing finger onto his lips. She shushed him. “Are you okay?”,

No, I’m not okay. I just let you kiss me. I didn’t even resist hard. You of all people, the one who ruined my life but somehow, I let you.

“I’m okay, it just reminded me of things”, she answered coldly and jumped off the counter. “I’m going to clean up and leave after this”, she told him and instantly got back to cleaning. “Ji Eun- I, hm, okay then” he kept quiet, feeling guilty. “Ji Eun, look, I’m so sorry for what I did tonight. I wasn’t thinking, I-”. “Ha Neul Sunbae, I’m fine. It wasn’t because of that. It has been a rough couple of days. Thank you and I’ll see you tomorrow”, she ended before going out of the car.

 

***

            She spent the whole morning successfully avoiding Ha Neul at all cost. Whenever she bumped into him, she would turn around and made a bee line to where she wanted to go initially. When he was actually in front of her, using his arm to block her from moving further, she would ducked her head and walk underneath his arm, and when he tried to block her with all his body, she would crawl under his legs just to avoid him and surprisingly he let her after several attempts of trying to communicate or confront her which had earned her a chuckle from Ha Neul. When her shift was finally over, she sprinted to the staff room to change her attire before dashing out from the restaurant. She was supposed to go to Ha Neul’s house to improvise her cakes but she took the chance to go back home and avoid Ha Neul instead.

            She sighed in relief once she was out of the restaurant, only 15 minutes to her house and she could finally rest. It has been quite intense with Baekhyun and Ha Neul around. She thought of quitting and find a proper job for her career, she can’t just bake cakes all her life, she wanted more for her future. Plus, the environment in the restaurant has gotten awkward, with every encounter with the two females who was sticking to Baekhyun during the late Halloween celebration. She was expecting the both of them not to recognize her as they were very drunk but maybe they were immune to it or sort of to actually recognize Ji Eun. they would ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter