Chapter 5

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji Eun! I’ll knocked this door down if you don’t open it!”, he shouted angrily, more of panic honestly. Ji Eun’s hands were on the edge of the bathtub, trying to hold herself down instead of ceasing up from the water. Her mind flashbacked all the happy memories she had in her life; her friends, her family, her excellent grades. She was in her last year of her studies but it seemed that she will not graduate, only graduating from life.

“goodbye”

Bubbles rose on the surface on the water as air slowly left her lungs, her hands, which were gripping onto the edge of the bathtub, finally released it as her body floated, bouncing according to the small waves in the tub. He, saw everything. He saw how her hands released her edge of the bathtub, became lifeless, how her body began to float. He knocked down the door easily. He had entered the room when she had locked herself in the bathroom. It was already strange seeing how her food and medicine were left untouched, not even the water. Then, he heard water flowing and he knew, something was just too odd. Judging her by yesterday’s event, like he said, she was always very unpredictable. She wasn’t like any victim he imagined to be. The lady was so easy and obedient. The skimpy girl was clearly an idiot, he thought.

But Ji Eun wasn’t any of that. It was already weird she didn’t struggle last night and how she nodded earlier. She was surprisingly obedient to him. Sure, there were some protest but it wasn’t Ji Eun. Yes, she was tired but she wasn’t the type to give up easily even with a little amount of energy. He knew she was really tired last night and really, he was expecting her to rest. He guessed, she unconsciously mapped a plan in her rest.

He ran towards Ji Eun and lifted her up from the bathtub. He pushed to tap closed after he placed Ji Eun on the bathroom floor. Her face looked like she was asleep. “No, no, no!”, he exclaimed loudly. He performed CPR on her continuously, begging in his heart that she could be alive. He opened forcefully and breathed air into . He continued alternating CPR and mouth to mouth method for a good 20 minutes before he finally gave up.

This can’t be happening, he thought. It wasn’t his intention at all. He lifted half of her body up and gently putting her head on his chest as he hugged her body which was in between his legs. He kissed her hair or maybe head with his eyes shut. He felt guilty. He had made a girl lost a life just because he wanted to prove a point. This shouldn’t be happening, he thought. Tears escaped his eyes as he hugged her tightly, repeating sorry to her ears.

She coughed water. She gasped for air only to realize she was still alive. She looked at the man, shocked after breaking his embrace. “No, no, this shouldn’t be happening”, she said hoarsely, half panicking, half still choking and gasping for air. He froze, unable to decipher his feelings seeing her alive. She cried loudly.

At that instant, she crawled back into the bathtub, dipping her head but before she could drown herself once again, a pair of hands took her around her shoulder, out from the water. She struggled, kicking the air, fighting to go back to meet death. “Let me just die, please!”, she begged in his arm and lunged herself back into the bathtub.

Somehow, she managed to go into the bathtub and continuously drowned herself. He had to stop her. Leaving him with no choice, he himself went into the water as well, hugging her body at the same lifting her head above the water. “Are you crazy, Ji Eun?!” he said, surprisingly soft and full of endearment. Her back was leaning against his chest, once again she was situated in between his long legs. She cried and cried, muttering “let me die” and “let me end this”. She begged and begged. He quickly plunged out the stopper, letting the water flowed back into the drain.

“No, no, no”, she cried in between sobs when she realized the water was decreasing. Her hands went back to the tap, trying to let the water stream back but he held her hands into his. She attempted to free her hands but that was a useless effort. She stopped an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter