Chapter 7

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Stay’

His words were still echoing in Ji Eun’s ears. She cannot believe that he had said something as weak as that. They were still embracing and she was still trying to figure out whether she was hallucinating what she had heard or was it really true but his grip was tighter. What did he meant by stay? Stay hugging or stay in this stupid room forever? Ji Eun thought. He was a broken soul, Ji Eun could tell. He needed help, Ji Eun could tell. In their long embrace, which Ji Eun thought seemed to be never ending and her joints were in pain as her position was awkward, she thought of his motive of kidnapping her but still, how could he be so absent minded by telling a person whom he kidnapped to stay? Was he out of his mind?

She knew the other two, the double J were the other girl as she could hear constant screaming from them and Ji Eun was expecting M to her. Not that she wanted it, but she thought that was his motive. She could think of other reason why. It was obvious he didn’t want to hurt her with all the concern he had been giving her, as well as the care he had given her or could it be just an act? What could be the reason? He wasn’t a dangerous soul, Ji Eun thought. He could be but he just wasn’t, Ji Eun could confirmed that. It has been more than a week, she assumed, and she was really sure of it. Maybe, it has been a month already. She couldn’t really tell as the has not seen the sunlight or the sky since forever. And still he has not done anything a kidnapper would usually do. All he did was taking care of her.

When he finally broke the hug, she silently thanked the god for that. Her body was aching. Without even sparing a glance at Ji Eun, M quickly left the room without saying anything, leaving Ji Eun alone, which she hadn’t felt in a long time as he was always there to monitor her. Ji Eun was left bored and she really didn’t know what to do. She starred at the supposedly window which was cemented, imagining whether autumn or spring has passed. Heck, she didn’t even know what season was it. She kept on wondering at the concrete thinking, was it night sky she was supposedly seeing or was it the blue sky? She sighed, quite loudly.

Before, her mind wandered off, the door to her room swung opened, she jumped in shocked. M came back bringing food. She looked at her food, feeling a bit excited. What else could she be anticipating or be excited about? She was really bored being locked up not doing anything except for sleeping and bathing. It was the same dinner he had always brought to her, stew and bread. Her face showed disappointment but what was she expecting anyways. He was surprised seeing her eager face when he brought in the tray. He saw her expression changed and he smirk-smiled underneath his covers. She was cute, she was always to him.

As he placed the tray on the table, she walked towards it, she was famished. She hadn’t eaten properly since forever since the hatred took over her body and her fever but somehow her mood was slightly lifted up as she saw a ray of hope in escaping through her new plan. He sat at the edge of the bed while she sat on the desk chair, eating her food immediately. He cleared his throat. Ji Eun knew that was his habit if there was something he needed to say, she could feel it itched his throat until he let it out. She stopped eating, understanding his signal and turned around to face him.

“I will not be here tomorrow”, he mumbled but she could catch every single word. Hearing that made her scared. They both know it was something worrying if he was not there with her in the same building with the other two. Outside her room, usually she could hear the Double J wanting to enter her room which was why M was always there with her in the room. God knows what they would do to her, she could not imagine it. She wouldn’t even dare to imagine it. She didn’t feel like eating after he said that. She stood up and sat on the bed with her back against the headrest. She pulled her kneed up, hugging it. She was angry and scared. He hustled closely towards Ji Eun who clearly loss her appetite. Ji Eun flinched to his movement and moved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter