Chapter 14

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe this is for the best. I won’t have to care about the scars that had been hurting me anymore. She braced herself. She thought she was nearing the end of her life but instead, she fell to the ground. Her frosting scraper fell together with her. She rubbed her bottom as it hits the ground first. Her hands roamed around her neck as if it was so surreal that she was still alive after being chocked. She inhaled and exhaled sharp as there was a lot of air leaving her lungs just a while ago. She looked over the person who remained behind her. “K-Kang Ha Neul -shi?”, Ji Eun half shrieked with her shaky and breathy voice.

            “What the hell are you doing here at this hour?!”, he yelled and Ji Eun. Ji Eun who was still on the ground, got startled as she slid a bit more further from Ha Neul. He, on the other hand walked getting closer to her, demanding answers. He was towering her who was still helplessly on the ground. He bent down and captured her waist with both of his hands as he lifted her up to sit on the kitchen counter. He could see she was really afraid as he could feel her trembling. He sighed in frustration as his hands still caged her in between his hands. “I-I”, she struggled to speak.

            “I could have killed you and you should not be here at this time”, he said gently but there was still a hint of stern in his voice. she nodded obediently. He lifted up her chin to see whether he had left any marks, her body tensed at his touch, plus they’re body were only inches apart. He exhaled in relief when he saw there was no bruises, just red marks that should be gone the next day with the help of ointment. He left Ji Eun on the kitchen counter as he rummaged through some drawers and cupboard. He took out an aid-kit box and brought it on the kitchen counter where Ji Eun was seated or placed, in this matter. He took out a small bottle of ointment and poured a few drops in his palm. He rubbed it all over his palm and instructed Ji Eun to collect her hair in her hands. He then continued to rub it all over her neck. She shivered at first as she felt ticklish but she tried to refrain from making any sounds as she was more terrified than ticklish.

            Just before he poured another few drops of it, Ji Eun realized that she had hurt Ha Neul as well as she saw he had a few scratches on his arm. My frosting scraper must have scratched him, she thought. It wasn’t deep, Ji Eun could tell but she had to treat him or else, it could leave mark. She took the aid-kit box closer to her as she grabbed anti-septic and everything that was essential. She forcefully grabbed Ha Neul’s hand, he was trying to release his hands from her but she had said that it wasn’t fair that he was treating her red marks but she just let the scratches bleed. He thought she was being dramatic, he is a man and he needed no treatment for a small scratched but she somehow threatened him to.

            “I could tell Baekhyun-shi that you hurt me”, she simply said. Sly, he thought. She rubbed the band aid on his arm. She softly said thank you. “What were you doing here? You still have not answered me”, he asked once again, still cold. “It’s too late to go back”, she said calmly. “Ah, I have something for you to taste”, she quickly changed the topic. She jumped off the counter and opened the refrigerator. She carefully took the cake she made, one of it and put it slowly on the table in the centre of the kitchen. She, then dashed to the drawer to take two cake forks. She handed one to Ha Neul as she gestured him to try it first. As he took the fork, Ji Eun took it as a queue for her to explain the cake.

            He took his first bite and lifted his eyebrows, he was impressed. He wasn’t keen on the fusion, he wasn’t confident of it. Mochi as cake was definitely a no-no but somehow it blended out nicely. Seeing him not giving any response, Ji Eun grew restless and took a bite for herself. She thought it was fine but he wasn’t responding. “Is it bad?”, she asked curiously. Then, wiped using a tissue but it wasn’t her that wiped her own mouth, it was Ha Neul who was wiping . Her eyes grew huge, not sure how to respond to that. “I hate dirty stuff”, he simply replied and took another bite. Ji Eun. “If I report you to Baekhyun’s father, I’m pretty sure you’ll be fired no matter how good you are and no matter how much Baekhyun pleads”, he said out of nowhere.

            ‘Tell me why you are still here, I am sure there are many reasons. Tell me all of it and I won’t tell a single word”, he continued calmly as he took another bite. She sighed in defeat. She glared at Ha Neul before telling him her reasons. “I am scared to go back when it’s dark”, she started off. “Then why aren’t your boyfriend sending you home?”, he asked cruelly. “Don’t speak about him in that manner!”, she scolded him but quickly apologized as he was still more powerful than her. “He offered but I wanted to work on this cake since I was almost done with it. Plus, I don’t want to burden him.” she concluded her reasons.

            “I will let you off the hook but with one condition”, he announced to Ji Eun. Ji Eun’s eyes widened in disbelief. This guy is a devil! She monologued. Ji Eun folded her arm, clenching her jaw, waiting for him to continue. “you have to grant three wishes of mine if you disagree, then I have no choice but to tell Mr. Byun”,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter