Chapter 13

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Date me, Lee Ji Eun”

            Ji Eun’s eyes couldn’t be bigger. He was just there staring at her widened eyes. He chuckled while releasing her cheeks. “Damn it, you’re so adorable”, he said while pinching her cheeks softly. He took her hands, sliding her hands into his big hands. He warmed her cold fingers. He chuckled once more sensing she must be really shocked as she still remained speechless.

            “Well, are you leaving your Baekhyun Oppa hanging?”, he asked as he kissed her small hands. He kissed every finger while his eyes fixed into hers. She closed which was widely agape, she swallowed her saliva. The fact that he kissed her cheeks made her so shocked already then, he said he would date her, her heart felt like running out of her body. Her face was burning red. I can believe this is happening, she thought.

            “How can you not? I tried to show you from the start that I like you”, he replied. Her eyes widened as she must have spoken her thoughts. Gosh, I am so dumb, she told herself while shaking her head slightly. “I must have not noticed, I-I”, She struggled to reply but she was so embarrassed. “I liked you even before seeing you, Ji Eun-ah. Looking at your resume, I was already falling for you so hard”, he told her as he grazed her face, tenderly.

            He pulled her into another gentle hug as he kissed her forehead. “Oppa has to go now. Sleep early and I will see you tomorrow”, he said sweetly. Ji Eun could feel the warmth from him, every single word he uttered planted a flower in her heart. “Goodnight” he said as his hands travelled back to her cheeks as he planted another peck on her cheek. He walked away with a triumph smile on his face and Ji Eun was still standing, frozen at the door of her apartment.

            Ji Eun was thinking of how awkward tomorrow can be after what happened. Her thoughts distracted her from sleeping which was why she ended going to work late. She wasn’t exactly late but she was just on time. She thought of going to work early just like the day before but her thoughts were keeping her up all night. She rushed to the restaurant, thinking of avoiding Baekhyun as much as she can. Does it mean we are a couple already?  She asked herself. she really didn’t know but decided to focus on her work. When she saw Ha Neul, she cursed instantly, silently as she was so occupied by Baekhyun that she forgot to bring his coat once again.

            She did avoid Baekhyun the whole day, it was difficult but she did it. During lunch, she was panicking but luckily, Baekhyun had a meeting to attend. Although, he did text her wanting to have another dinner with her. She politely declined as she wanted to work on her cakes. When it was already past her working hours, which was around 6 in the evening, she stayed to make more cakes while her helpers continued with today’s menu to serve. At that time, Baekhyun came to her part of the kitchen, but being Ji Eun, she was too focused to notice Baekhyun.

            He cleared his throat and greeted her happily, she looked up and faked a smile. It felt like he was running to Ji Eun to hug her but she reacted faster, before the hug could happen as she moved a few steps away from where she was standing. “Boss”, she started softly as she saw Baekhyun frowning knowing where she was heading with this. “Can we talk?”, she asked. Baekhyun nodded, smiling at her as he took her hands in his and exited the restaurant together. Ha Neul saw them walked out and was a bit pissed that just because she was dating the boss, it doesn’t give her the freedom to walk out whenever she wanted to. Her relationship with Baekhyun had been a topic for the workers, even from the main meal workers, in fact, all the workers. Obviously, there were a lot of workers who liked Baekhyun. He was always friendly and flirty towards women. His room will be filled with food or gifts and the female workers would do anything to create reason to talk or meet him. He, Baekhyun knew that, knew his strength among women.

            Ji Eun looked around when Baekhyun stopped the car. It was a neighbourhood area, almost like a village. She saw some elderly cleaning up vegetables, walking around. Baekhyun once again laced their hands together. Ji Eun obediently followed him wherever he was bringing her. He brought he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter