Chapter 5: Irregular Heartbeats

PLEASE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

IRREGULAR HEARTBEATS

 

 

third person pov

 

"seems like it." -lisa answered as she shrugged. she wasn't really sure about what jennie's true agenda is with that kim taehyung so she didn't give that much assurance to the couple. little did she know that the other two misinterpreted what she had said and thought that jennie is really meeting up with the guy just to study with him and ditch their planned study session.

 

the two stayed silent for a while. they had started overthinking about how simple rejections and declinings can affect their friendship. lisa sensed it coming though.

 

"but don't worry about it. i know you're worrying about your friendship. at all the times jennie and i had fought, i know she isn't the type to abandon anyone." -she added up which calmed the couple from their overflowing thoughts. the couple realized the thai's point and understood jennie's situation.

 

"lisa's right. we shouldn't worry because jennie wouldn't even do something like what our delulu minds are thinking. maybe she has some matters with taehyung." -jisoo agreed in realization. chae nodded in agreement as well. they know that certain matters like that isn't something they should be worried about. it was nothing compared to all the circumstances they had conquered together.

 

"you know what, let's just start reviewing because the examinations are coming the day tomorrow. just ask unnie if she still wants to study with us." -chae suggested as she pulled out her textbooks from her bag. the two of her friends agreed and carried on what they were about to do.

 

 

 

meanwhile, it's already 9:00pm when taehyung and jennie wrapped up and finished reviewing. the night wasn't young and definitely, there is no one lurking around the streets but the bandits and drunkards  on their way home or waiting for their next target to come. one of the things jennie hated in being apart from her friends is going home alone.

 

"should i take you home?" -taehyung asked but then, jennie shook her head. she didn't want to go home alone, but she definitely doesn't want to bother taehyung furthermore.

 

"no thanks. i'll just hail a cab." -i answered but taehyung remained unconvinced. "i'll capture the cab's plate number as soon as i went inside it, don't worry. i just don't wanna bother you anymore."

 

"you aren't bothering me. in fact, i enjoyed being with you." -taehyung blurted out of nowhere. "perhaps, could we have a coffee on---"

 

before taehyung could finish his sentence, a tiny voice yelled which interupted his intentions on taking jennie out.

 

"jennie!" -the voice came from behind jennie. she took a turn and looked back even though she clearly knows whose voice that was.

 

there lisa was, standing 10 yards away from the brunette. as she stood confidently with that toothy grin, she waved her right arm in the air while her left hand held something from behind.

 

jennie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. why would lisa fetch her out of nowhere? and how did she knew her location?

 

as lisa advanced towards jennie, the brunette's heartbeats get faster and louder that it could pop out from her ribcage. as soon as lisa reached jennie, the thai removed the jacket she's previously wearing and draped it over jennie's shoulders.

 

jennie gazed at lisa as she did her genuine acts. never in her life that she had seen lisa this sweet. not even the very first day they met. the lisa she knew was arrogant and defiant, yet the lisa standing in front of her right now is sweet, romantic, and charming.

 

after the thai secured her jacket over the brunette's, she handed her a heat pack and had a little hand contact as her fingers brushed on the shorter's palm. jennie's chest felt like it was exploding. if it wasn't for the distance she had with lisa, the latter could've heard its beatings.

 

lisa gave jennie her dashing smile which made the latter completely flustered. her face was flushed and she couldn't even utter a single word.

 

before everything gets excessively sweet, the red haired standing infront of them cleared his throat. he successfully got the ladies' attention.

 

"i should go. you already have someone to fetch you." -his voice has a touch of coldness which lisa immediately felt. she knew that the guy is salty and she also knew that the reason behind it was her sweet acts with jennie. the brunette remained oblivious of taehyung's emotions tho.

 

"alright. thanks tae. good night." -she bid briefly before waving slowly. taehyung turned around and walked his path towards his way to his home and sighed in frustration.

 

after the red haired disappeared from their sight, jennie glared and looked suspiciously at the thai.

 

"how did you know i was here?" -she asked and lisa answered her with ease. she had practiced what to answer before going out chae's house.

 

"we saw you in here from the café's window. no biggie tho, we just passed by." -lisa answered which jennie easily believed in. as much as lisa didn't want to lie, she had to in order for jennie not to be mad at them.

 

"and why did you fetch me?" -the brunette added up and lisa chuckled. the thai pinched her nose which made jennie shout "yah."

 

"you're so cute when you get nosy." -lisa blurted out of nowhere which made jennie's confusion arouse even more. "the three of us made a bet. whoever loses to the game we made will have to fetch you and i lost."

 

again, that's a lie. lisa volunteered with her own consent on fetching the girl. she wanted to ensure that she's safe... and away from that taehyung guy.

 

"alright, sounds reasonable." -jennie responded as she fumbled with the heat pack she's holding. "wait, the three of you? then you continued our study sessions without me?"

 

"we coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter