Chapter 19: Another Friend

PLEASE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

ANOTHER FRIEND

 

third person pov.

 

the squad finally checked out of their hotel and settled at lisa's home. it was only five days til christmas and everyone's been busy thinking of what to buy for each since their gonna go shopping by tomorrow.

 

and just as lisa was about to ask jennie what she wants to get from christmas, the brunette got a phone call which alarmed chaesoo, especially lisa.

 

"who's that?" -jisoo curiously asked and lisa got intrigued as well so she listened intently.

 

"it's billie." -jennie said with a sheepish smile and a blush painted across her face which wasn't left unnoticed by lisa.

 

"the exchange student you admired back at junior high? first year, wasn't it?" -rosé asked which got lisa's eyes bulge out from its sockets, secretly tho.

 

"yes... too bad she had to go back to the west when the school year ended." -the brunette said in dismay which got the blonde feel something unusual. she didn't wanna know so she didn't dig deeper.

 

"what are you waiting for? answer it!" -jisoo said and side-eyed lisa who remained silent for the whole time.

 

jennie gestured for them to stay quiet and answered the video call. "hello?"

 

"hey jennie! how are you?" -a sweet voice boomed from the brunette's phone and from there, billie waved at jennie with her rosy cheeks.

 

"billie is a girl?!" -lisa whisper-yelled which was left unheard by jennie who's busy chatting with her friend.

 

"yes. billie eilish. she's our classmate back then." -rosé explained briefly and focused on the brunette's conversation afterwards.

 

"so, i was planning on going to korea this christmas so i can spend it with you." -billie announced which got everyone silent.

 

"i'm in thailand tho... i'm spending the holiday with chae, soo, and my newly found friend lisa." -jennie's tone sounded sorry.

 

"oh, is that so? as much as i wanted to go there, i don't want to join in in your quality time. should i just send you the gift like usual?"

 

"send the gift like usual? what does she mean?" -lisa whispered which made the two eye her.

 

"you're getting suspicious."

 

"just answer please."

 

"fine. ever since billie left korea, she always sent gifts for jennie whenever it was christmas or her birthday. happy?" -jisoo explained which got lisa mad. she doesn't know why, but her knuckles were already white due to excessive clenching.

 

"you wouldn't ruin it. in fact, it would be a lot happier if you're here. you also didn't have to send gifts every single time. not that i don't like them but... i just feel shy. i don't even send you gifts for christmas." -the kiwi stated as she frowned in front of the camera, getting lisa very very furious. she doesn't even know why. billie girl seems nice.

 

"nope. it's my choice jen. besides, we can hang out some time. what do you say?" -she offered which got jennie all giddy while nodding her head. "just send me the address to your friend's house okay? i'll try to get y'all a christmas card." -she joked which made jennie giggle until they bid their goodbyes for almost ten minutes before they actually end the call.

 

"oh my gosh guys! i thought billie completely forgot about me!"

 

that sentence may sound so simple, but it hit lisa deeper than anyone would've known. jennie's high school friend kept in touch with her while lili left nini to wait for her in a long long time. that made her regret everything she hadn't been doing before.

 

and right now she was more determined to show jennie how a lalisa manoban truly cares.

 

"how long haven't you seen each other tho?" -lisa casually asked which got jisoo and rosé confused. since when had lisa kept her cool?

 

"ever since she left to go back to her hometown. we haven't seen each other since then except for video calls." -jennie answered with longing present on her voice.

 

"you must've missed her so much. you should've just invited her over." -the thai said genuinely as she stared worriedly at her friend.

 

"i did. but she declined." -the brunette said in dismay as she frowned and lowered her head down.

 

"then let's send her a gift and a card. you haven't done that, right?" -the blonde said as she sat beside her friend who was sitting on the bed.

 

"yeah... let's do that." -jennie agreed, her cheeks flushed as she nodded her head and stared at her friend. the blonde stared back at her and both swore, they felt butterflies flutter inside their tummies. cliché but romantic, admit it.

 

just when both were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter