Chapter 18: The Friend and the Other Friend

PLEASE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

THE FRIEND AND OTHER FRIEND

 

third person pov

 

jenlisa stood in front of a thai salon which made the younger snicker. "finally sick of your blonde hair?"

 

"ugh. don't mention it." -jennie said as she held the glass door's handle but was stopped by the latter. "what?"

 

"did i mention that even though i like brunettes, i find you hot in blonde?" -the thai blurted out which brought up heat to the former brunette's dumpling cheeks.

 

jennie felt like her friend was indirectly telling her that she likes her. but then she reminded herself that she must not assume.

 

"w-what?"

 

"it's a compliment." -lisa casually replied as she swung her arm across jennie's shoulders which elicited a darker shade of red painting the older's cheeks. "let's get your dark hair back, shall we?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"author-nim can finally call you brunette once again." -jisoo joked which made rosé glare at her ever-corny girlfriend.

 

"we weren't even characters from a book. what are you talking about?" -jennie deadpanned as she celebrated her hair color's return.

 

"now i'm wondering if author-nim would still call lisa blonde because her hair is now ash blonde-grayish." -the oldest said as she snickered and laughed at her own joke while you can literally hear crickets chirp because of the silence.

 

"accept it, your joke is dead dude." -lisa said as she playfully smacked her bestfriend's shoulder. jisoo was right tho, her hair changed shade and was cut short enough.

 

"what should we do?" -rosé asked suggestively.

 

"about what? about jisoo's dead jokes?" -notice jennie's sarcasm.

 

"what? no! we can't do anything about her dead jokes." -the australian reebutted which made jisoo fake stand and fake walk out while her friends were left gawking.

 

"let her walk out. where were we?" -the brunette said as she tried to keep her giggles to herself.

 

"hey! you're just gonna let me walk away?" -the shortest grumbled as she stomped her way back to her friends who were chilling in the living room.

 

"did you hear someone?" -the youngest asked as she giggled which made everyone do so, except jisoo of course.

 

"let's stop messing with chu. her reaction is priceless!" -the aussie said and clung to her girlfriend's arm. "back to the question, what should we do here in thailand?"

 

"lisa is the thai so she must decide." -jisoo suggested which made lisa's eyes bulge out from their sockets.

 

"why me?" -she asked as she pointed herself.

 

"come on lice, where should we go?" -and jennie wasn't clearly helping the nervous lisa since one, she's flustered at the sudden nickname and two, the word we confused her to death. could she be pertaining to me and her as we? or is she including the other couple?

 

"should we check the thai restaurant down the block?" -the ever-hungry girl (you know who) said which as much as the others would like to disagree, didn't have any choice but to say alright because they haven't got any better idea than hers.

 

they did check the restaurant and ordered a lot of food, specifically for chae, and went for a quick shopping. once done, chaesoo told jenlisa that they'd like to spend their time on their hotel room so they went first.

 

"jisoo-unni says mai-mee-thang-ka as if it's the only word she knows." -jennie tittered as she looked at jisoo's disappearing figure.

 

"it is, in thai tho." -the blonde said as she giggled with her friend.

 

"what now?" -the brunette asked as she looked at her friend who looked as clueless as her. "should we visit your parent-"

 

"no!" -the blonde blurted out which got jennie surprised. "i mean... i don't talk to my dad and my mom... w-well... we fought the last time i went here and we still haven't talked to each other since then."

 

"doesn't that mean that you should talk to them while you still had the chance?" -the brunette adviced which sent lisa to her train of thoughts.

 

lisa's parents were separated like jennie's. her dad is a criminal and a total who hides from the cops because of his drug business. lisa tried talking to him but then, he's way too hard-headed to even listen.

 

when she went home last year, her mother asked for her to stay but she refused since her father wants her to join his business. she left her home town because she didn't want to do anything with her dad and his business.

 

"certains things are better left untouched, kim." -based from the honorific, the younger was obviously serious about her words and jennie was just... too persistent.

 

"family isn't part of the 'certain things' lisa. she's your mom. you must not let her down like that. you're lucky your mother takes care of you; some others wouldn't even give a to their kid." -the kiwi stated which made the thai sigh.

 

"alright. we'll go to mom's. but i'm not talking to my father? okay?"

 

"okay, okay. so, where's the nearest flower shop?"

 

"what for?"

 

"for you."

 

"w-what??"

 

lisa was caught off guard with jennie's sudden confidence. it is rare for the brunette to act like this and lisa seemed to be enjoying it to much than jennie snapped her fingers in front of her face to get her back to reality.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter