Chapter 21: Honey

PLEASE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

HONEY

 

third person pov

 

a certain blonde sat on the korean woman's bed, tensed. one second, she's flirting with the brunette. now, she couldn't even utter a word nor stop the pacing girl from walking in circles.

 

"mom... you know i can't leave too soon. i promised... her." -she grumbled but mumbled the last part.

 

yes, she's on a call with her mother (unexpectedly) and yes, she's with lisa while doing so. both were just watching netflix to kill time when the phone rang. the thai insisted that she'd give privacy but the latter made her stay. she's unsure but when she started scrunching her eyebrows and jutting kissable lips, she knew she can never resist.

 

"you're my mother? oh really. all you ever did was to ditch me everytime we're together and yet you call yourself a mother? well i'm sorry, mom, because this is pure nonsense."

 

the escalation, i'm telling you.

 

once soft features toughened.

 

once flirty features faltered.

 

"well, i'm not a spoiled brat! when have you ever cared for me?" if the brunette's face is a fruit, she'd be a tomato cuz she's definitely mad. lisa can sense it. chaesoo even sneakily peeked through the door to check what's going on but the blonde gestured them out.

 

"why can't you even treat me as your daughter... all i've ever wanted was to be loved by my mom. what's so difficult with that..."

 

and there came the tears. lisa couldn't stay motionless anymore. her girl (soon) is breaking down and she couldn't simply watch like a jerk.

 

jennie's sobs were heard on the other line. next thing her mom heard was a static. the blonde ended the call.

 

lisa pulled the brunette in an embrace from behind and there, she melted down. she poured out her tears and turned around to lean her head on the thai's chest.

 

"aww... is my baby okay?? don't cry too hard... you'd look haggard later." the blonde said using her baby voice, trying to cheer the woman up.

 

it worked tho as jennie weakly slapped her girl's (?) chest and giggled lightly. the blonde rested her chin on top of her and genty rubbed her head in response. she hushed the crying baby and whispered comforting words.

 

again, cue chaesoo with a camera on hand, capturing the moment. perfect, one mumbled.

 

meanwhile, another couple was doing the same.

 

"oh dear..." the taller said as she hugged chaelin.

 

"i'm just trying my best to fix things... i didn't know that she was carrying all of these in her entire life." -she cried as she punched her partner's chest. "why do i have to listen to them? why did i let them manipulate my mind? why did i let them make me abandon my own daughter."

 

"it's gonna be alright, okay? trust me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"where are you taking meee? i thought you said we're not going anywhere without chaesoo and your mom?" jennie whined as lisa pulled her outside of the house.

 

"less talking, more walking." and cue lisa's windshield-like laugh at her own pun.

 

"ugh, sometimes i wonder why i even like you." the brunette mumbled but wasn't inaudible enough for the latter.

 

"you like me?"

 

and there, jennie realized she had blurted her feelings out. her face flushed red and examined lisa's. she doesn't even look like she's surprised.

 

"why aren't you surprised?"

 

she could've denied it, but she's not one to deny her feelings especially in front of her girl.

 

"it's pretty obvious." the blonde said as she playfully smirked and pursed her hands inside her pockets.

 

"cocky." jennie teased as she playfully slapped her arm.

 

manoban continued dragging the impatient korean towards somewhat, a line-up of mini stalls.

 

"where are we?"

 

"god, babe! for the nth time?"

 

and that made the brunette shut up. not because of the slight hint of annoyance on lisa's voice, but because of the sudden endearment.

 

and the blonde thought the reason was the former.

 

"oh no... i'm sorry jen- i didn't mean to... hmmp!"

 

"hush now, babe. christmas eve is in a few seconds and you still haven't brought me to your surprise yet."

 

"who told you there's a surprise? and can you please move your hand away from my lips? my words are muffled. thank you."

 

"come on! you're testing my patience!"

 

"alright grumpy cat."

 

a few more steps and they stood in front of a stall, a much more different and vibrant store unlike the others.

 

"hey bam! where's auntie?" the blonde screamed like an excited kid which surprised the hell out of the teenage boy. mind you, she spoke in korean. the reason is self explanatory *wink*

 

"damn, is that you manoban? you've grown prettier! a pretty girl like you would suit a man like me!" he said as he combed his coffee-colored hair. "and what kind of greeting is that?"

 

"was he always this arrogant?" jennie whispered at the blonde who chuckled lowly.

 

"he's usually llike that. you'll eventually get used to it."

 

"and hey, when did you come back? and bringing a gorgeous girl with you? how generous!" he continued to speak.

 

"hands off of my girl, bam. we just came here weeks ago and you're already hitting on her." the blonde pouted at her friend (?) as she snuggled closer to the brunette.

 

"not hitting on your girl, fyi. and how come you came back here without even informing me? ugh! you're unbelievable."

 

"well, it's not my fault that i don't miss you." lisa joked as she held her laughter. bam's eyes started wattering and that's the cue for her laugh to shriek and disturb the whole place.

 

"come here and give me a hug bro." she said and the boy imediately hopped out of his stall and gave manoban a bear hug. "oh-kay, that's enough."

 

"you haven't introduced her to me yet."

 

"jen, meet bambam, my childhood friend. bam, meet jen, my-"

 

"girlfriend."

 

"what? shut up bam! you're embarassing me."

 

"but you told me she's your girl!"

 

"well-"

 

"nice to meet you bambam." jennie intruded before the two end up tackling each other down the floor. after shaking hands with the guy, she glared a hole right at lisa's eyes and she swore, she almost soiled her pants.

 

"lisa? scared less by a girl? what a bummer!"

 

"can you shut up and call auntie? i miss her more than i miss your loud ." she said as she looked for her so called auntie inside the small stall.

 

"well... about that... mom's kinda... in a very far place now. she's already resting." bambam said in dismay.

 

"what..." lisa was struck, even jennie. the blonde was taken back and she couldn't even mutter words. "i'm sorry bam-"

 

"wait, what the hell were you thinking? i meant, she's in the province and already resting because she passed down this damned store to me. she retired man, don't think too early. she isn't dead, yet."

 

and there, lisa brigthened up.

 

"well, serve me two tubs of your fine milk ice cream please! and another chocolate plavored one."

 

"comin right up!"

 

the blonde felt someone tug her shirt lightly. turns out, it was the brunette who's staring up at her.

 

"yes?"

 

"you really are close, aren't you?"

 

"yep. and i miss that scoop of ."

 

and there, both of them cringed.

 

"i can imagine your chocolate-flavoured ice cream looking like ."

 

"yeah... let's forget about that."

 

after a moment, their ice cream came and they proceeded to walking back to the thai's house after bidding their farewell to the guy.

 

"why ice cream?" jennie asked as she started innocently eating one tub.

 

"cuz somebody told me that whenever you're down, find a stress reliever. and i guess milk ice cream can cool you down."

 

"gee, thanks for making me fat. i'm on a diet." the brunette joked. 

 

"not even gonna say thanks nor appreciate my efforts? gee, thanks a lot." the blonde sulked, acting hurt and frustrated.

 

"heeeeey, i'm just kidding i'm sorry."

 

"pfffft. i know."

 

"you're not funny, keep that in mind."

 

"will you stop roasting me as a present for christmas?"

 

 

 

 

 

an hour before christmas and everything's in chaos. the kitchen is covered with flour, gifts were scattered in the living room, and a certain brunette is still sleeping.

 

"dang it, manoban. can you wake your girlfriend up? she's the only one who knows how to bake real cakes. mine's as hard as a rock, chaeng's look like ." jisoo demanded.

 

"the kim jisoo? want me to smash this in your face? she's not my girlfriend." lisa said, pertaining to chae's cake.

 

"both of you are mean." chae said as she pouted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter