CHAPTER 6

I DON'T KNOW WHO TO CHOOSE?!

[JUNG JIYEON]

Its 3am already, I still can’t sleep. I have quarrelled with Jiyong a many times in the span of this 10 years. But how can he make it seem as if like it was my fault when Mino was the one who came to find me and I had to make it clear to him. I am trying to sleep when I received a text.

Hey, I’m sorry for the sudden confession just now.

Are you feeling okay now? Guess you could be sleeping

by now. Please don’t avoid me alright? Reply when you can!

 

Hey Junhyung, actually I’m still awake. Don’t get me wrong,

I actually am starting to have abit of feelings towards you,

I don’t want to lie to you and say that I don’t like you, just

that I’m not ready to be in another relationship for now.

 

WAIT. You like me too?? AM I DREAMING. THE WORLD PRETTIEST

JUNG JIYEON LIKES ME TOO? Of course princess, I’ll give you

time to sort your feelings out. Just don’t run away again.

Rest early and I’ll see you tomorrow in the morning.

 

I laughed at his reply, but am I really ready to be in love again? I can’t forget the pain that Mino had bought to me. But I knew Junhyung for 8 years, and he isn’t the kind to cheat or break someone’s heart. I’m confused.. am I really over Mino? It was then my hunger took over my thoughts. I walked out of my room to go to the kitchen when I saw Jiyong still sitting in the living room, using his phone. I was trying to find something to eat from the fridge when I felt his hug from behind.

 

“I’m sorry babe” he apologised, should I just forgive?

“It’s okay, you loses your temper all the time anyway” I just had to be sarcastic when I could just forgive him. I removed his hand and went to the sofa with a biscuit. He followed behind like a cute puppy and sat down next to me. He took my hands into his and kept showing me his cute face until I started laughing.

“OKAY fine I forgive you, you are my only bestfriend anyway”

“Why are you still awake?” he asked while playing with my fingers

“I can’t sleep, shall we watch a movie?” we both agreed to watch a movie and I had my arms linked with him and my head on his shoulders, just like old times. Sometimes, I wonder if we are a couple, but I know we are too close to be a couple. We watched 2 movies and now it’s 7am already. Can’t believe I’m going work with zero sleep. I looked over at Jiyong and he was sleeping already. I slowly remove my head from him but I still woke him up.

“Where are you going” he said and hugged my waist to stop me from moving

“I’m going to prepare for work, don’t you have work too?”

“Oh right, I forgot to tell you I’ll be flying to Japan for 2 days for our concert and I will be having my rehearsal later. Flight at 3am later so I wont be able to see you” he reminded himself and me. Had to be alone for 2 days now.

“Please take care of yourself over there okay, text me when you can so I know you miss me and don’t have too much fun without me” I said as I signal him to let me go prepare

“Yes ladyboss, will miss you. Take care too, love you” he said while drifting to sleep again.

“Love you too”

 

[YONG JUNHYUNG]

I was going to fetch her when I found out she is already at the company. I knew she wouldn’t take my car to avoid the awkwardness. I headed straight to the company by myself to find her asleep on her desk. I guess she didn’t sleep well last night, I took out my jacket and place it over her.

I went into my office room to compose some music when I saw her knocking onto my door. I signalled her to come in.

 

“Hey, thanks for your jacket” she said, still not looking into my eyes.

“You can continue using it if you want, it doesn’t matter” I said to her when she finally look up

“It’s okay Junhyung, you can have it back. I don’t want people in the company to get the wrong idea about us” she said and placed the jacket on my table, she was about to walk out when I stopped her.

“Are you free later? Can we go out?” I asked her out, or should I say, a date?

“Erm, yeah sure.. Jiyong will be out of town so I will be free” she smiled and walked out. Sometimes I really envy GD’s relationship with her. He is the first person she sees every morning and the last person she talks to every night. But, they are just bestfriend right? I don’t know why but everytime I see them together, they really do like a couple. From a man’s perspective, GD definitely have feelings for her. I guess I got to keep my game up and chase after her.

 

I have been wrecking my head for good lyrics for the past 2 hours when I decided it’s time for a break. I went to her desk, took her bag and grabbed her hands and left the office.

 

“Yah Yong Junhyung, why did you do that? Didn’t you see Minzy and Taehyun gossiping?” she complained as she saw Doojoon and Yoseob’s personal assistant gossiping.

“I don’t care about them, I only care about you” I said as I leaned in closer when I saw her beautiful eyes staring into mine.

“L-lets go” she took her bag from me and continue walking, did she just stutter? Is she nervous around me now? OMG, she is so cute. Can you believe Yong Junhyung is feeling this way?

“Can I hold your hand?” I asked after catching up to her

“No, I’m your manager and we are in public. What is someone sees us?” this is why I said she is so responsible when it comes to her job, she never lets me get into trouble.

“How about I wear my cap and you let me hold?” not giving up still, hoping she will say yes. She didn’t say anything, she just gave up trying to convince me and let me hold. This feels so real, as if we are just like a couple.

“Where do you want to go?” I asked as we were just walking around

“I don’t know, you choose!” I suggested to go back to the same night market as I really didn’t want to wear this stupid cap. So I bought her there, we ordered some food and brought it to the riverside to eat.

“princess?”

“hmm?” she answered while still having food in . She isn’t like other girls who cover their mouth and talk, she was natural. She wasn’t afraid to show me her bare face or how the way she eats.

“Do you consider us as together?” I initiated again.

“Nope” she answered me casually as if its nothing

“Do you think you can get me so easily, try harder Junhyung” she said and giggled to herself

“Do you really want me to try?” I said and went closer to her face

“Yah Junhyung, I’m serious. Show me. If you like me, show me. Prove it to me. I don’t want to get my heart broken again” she wasn’t joking, she was serious. She was hurt by Mino, and I will be the one to mend it back.

After eating, we went back to the company. Everyone was there, we bought food back for them when Dongwoon suddenly asked “Hyung, did you bring Jiyeon out for a date” and everyone went like “whoooo hoo”. I didn’t want to deny so I held her hands and announced to everyone that we are currently dating and this secret is only to be kept within this company.

“Yah Junhyung, you better take good care of her. If not you will get it from me. You know she is like our little sister right?” Doojoon said and Jiyeon went to him.

“Oppa is the best” she said and gave him a hug. She don’t even hug me? And she doesn’t even calls me oppa.

“Why is it that Doojoon get called oppa and I don’t?” did I sounded jealous?

“Junhyung sounds better for you” she said and walked back to her desk. This girl is seriously too cute for me to handle. At least she did not deny the fact that we are dating!! I will not break her heart like how Mino did, I must protect her at all cost. Gotta work really hard from now! Wait for me princess, one day you will accept me.