Dinner (JiuXSua)

Chocolates

Jiu coughed out flour as she couldn’t see in the cloud that wasn’t going to dissipate any time soon. She had failed and she knew it well. It was supposed to be very easy, that’s what YouTube told me. Jiu pouted as she started to clean up the flour that scattered her kitchen.

 

She didn’t hear the locks to her apartment being unlocked nor did she hear Sua calling her name. She was too lost in her thoughts and self-loathing to even hear her.

 

“Hey,” Jiu heard as a pair of hands held her waist. Jiu let out a scream from the uninvited actions. Hands immediately pulled back while Jiu turned around to see the culprit.

 

“It’s just you,” Jiu let out a sigh in relief as it was just Sua who entered her house.

 

“What are you doing?” Sua inquired as she didn’t know what Jiu was doing cleaning the countertop of the kitchen.

 

“Cleaning,” Jiu simply answered which got Sua to raise her eyebrow.

 

“Cleaning?” Sua repeated as she became confused as to why Jiu would be cleaning in the kitchen especially since she rarely cooks.

 

“Cleaning,” Jiu affirmed as she got the stare down from Sua which made her uneasy.

 

“Why are you cleaning the kitchen?” Sua asked as she slowly tried to pry the information.

 

“To clean up my failure,” Jiu sulked as she started playing with the skin on the back of her hand. Sua gently grasped onto her hands and pulled them apart as she knows that pulling on your skin hurts a little bit.

 

“Nothing you do is going to be a failure in my eyes, Jiu.” Sua smiled and she walked closer to Jiu as she started backing away into the countertop. Sua let go of Jiu’s hands to place her hands on either side of Jiu’s waist so she wouldn’t retreat to who knows where. “So… do you want to change your answer, Jiu?” Sua innocently asked but Jiu knew that it was a silent demand.

 

“I tried making you food since lately you’ve been busy with work and stuff, but I made this huge mess instead,” Jiu confessed knowing that the truth was going to get out sooner or later anyways. Sua can be scary sometimes. Jiu thought to herself as she saw that Sua pulled away from her.

 

“What were you trying to make?” Sua asked as she began cleaning up Jiu’s mess.

 

“Pancakes…” Jiu blushed as she watched Sua clean up her mess before picking up Jiu’s tablet.

 

“Jiu, love?” Sua called out when she found something amusing on her tablet as a smile graced her lips.

 

“Yes?” Jiu hesitantly answered knowing that she would probably be teased soon.

 

“You are asking YouTube how to make crepes not pancakes, love.” Sua showed Jiu the clip as proof and her jaw dropped. “It’ll be interesting to have chocolate chip crepes topped off with ice cream and macaroons.” Sua chuckled lightly before handing the tablet to Jiu.

 

“Can we forget that I tried to cook and just eat ice cream and macaroons on the couch?” Jiu shyly asked as she couldn’t believe she made the mistake of getting the food wrong.

 

“Nope,” Sua didn’t hesitate to reply before reaching behind Jiu. “But I will eat the double cookies and cream flavored ice cream with you though.” Sua compromised and Jiu happily took it.

 

The next time Jiu cooked was under Sua’s supervision and teasing but nonetheless it was another enjoyable day in their lives.