It's Not the Same Anymore (JiuXSua)

Chocolates

Sua walked up to her lover slowly and quietly. When she was within her lover’s grasp, she swept her hair to one side to gain access to the now bare neck she had locked her gaze on. She nibbled on Jiu’s neck while Jiu was trying to read the headlines of the latest news.

 

“Babe, you’re distracting me,” Jiu chuckled as she didn't move an inch and let Sua bite her neck. Sua then kissed the wound that wouldn’t permanently leave a marking on her skin. Her flawless white skin that she always loved putting bruises on. The kind that told Jiu that she’ll forever love her.

 

“You can always push me away, Jiu, it’s not like you can’t do it,” Sua teased as she lowly whispered into Jiu’s ear making her shiver at Sua’s tone of voice. “Besides, you are always watching the headlines making sure that everyone is safe. I assure you that on your days off you need to loosen up,” Sua’s hands traveled to Jiu’s front and slowly caressed Jiu’s hands and ghosted them up to any skin on skin contact.

 

“If I loosen up someone can end up dead,” Jiu turned around and looked at her lover in the eye. Sua only smiled softly at Jiu’s caring nature and she placed a hand on Jiu’s cheek whom unconsciously leaned into her touch. Jiu held Sua’s hand and pulled it slightly down for her to kiss her palm. “I don’t want to hurt anyone, Sua,”

 

“And you won’t,” Sua responded like it was a promise Jiu could make but really Jiu was afraid. She was always afraid that her fears might come true. That this little sliver of happiness she had obtained will be gone before she’ll know it. “I’ve known you for years now and not once have I seen you try to hurt someone. So, believe me when I say that you can be selfish too just like almost everybody else on this godforsaken planet. You don’t need to hold the weight that you need to save the world on your shoulders. Just once just be selfish and not worry about everything else.” Sua pleaded as Jiu only listened to her words but it wasn’t enough to shake her resolve nor determination.

 

“I can’t and I won’t be selfish, Sua. I…” Jiu didn’t know how to explain it as she couldn’t look at Sua in the eyes anymore. Silence filled the room as Jiu didn’t know how to tell her lover that she wasn’t worthy of happiness Sua only sighed and let her hand drop from Jiu’s grasp while walking away from her. There were small paddings of Sua’s footsteps until the door slammed.


Jiu suddenly woke up to the loud sound of her roommate coming in. She sat up and tears fell from her eyes, but she couldn’t remember why she was crying nor what was the cause of her crying.

 

“Oh!” The roommate popped her head into Jiu’s room and saw her crying, “You’re awake… and crying,” She pointed out while Jiu only nodded. “You want to talk about it?” The roommate asked but Jiu only shook her head.

 

“It’s nothing to talk about since I just woke up crying,” Jiu explained as she got out of bed and walked to the washroom to get ready for the day. The roommate looked at Jiu skeptically but only shrugged at her behavior. Once Jiu was ready for the day, her roommate Siyeon looked at her after brewing herself a cup of coffee.

 

“Hey, you ready for today?” Siyeon questioned and Jiu nodded as she grabbed herself a cup of coffee.

 

“When do we meet to new pair that’s coming into the academy?” Jiu said as she took a sip of her coffee before pulling out the ice tray and dumping them into her coffee mug. Siyeon shivered at Jiu’s weirdness and continued. “You have weird tastes for a vampire, Jiu Unnie.” She looked away from Jiu once she realized that she started mixing hot chocolate into it.

 

“I can’t help it, I love sweet things,” Jiu shrugged as she recalled Siyeon’s previous question. “I wonder if I should mess with the newbies who are coming into the academy,” Jiu smiled mischievously which Siyeon could only hope that the newbies didn’t have too much trouble with her.


“Listen here, Kim Jiu, the new agents that are coming into the agency have some experiences on what’s it like on the battlefield, but I do hope they don’t think they are better than us. Make sure they aren’t conceited just because they took down some supernatural misfits that lurk within our society,” In-Kwon gave the orders to his best agent and co-leader within the academy. He knew he could rely on Jiu for making sure the agents were out of line.

 

“You can count on me,” Jiu nodded at In-Kwon before leaving his office. With the door closing indicating that Jiu left. He sighed and looked out the window hoping that there was a sign that today would be another day of peace then he looked at the files that showed the new agents that would be joining them in the academy.

 

“I really hope everyone can get along,” He read the additional comment on the file that was starred in red and bolded. Do not let her near Kim Jiu.

 

Jiu exited the room and let out a sigh as the burden of having more responsibility rested on her shoulders once again. Siyeon was resting against the wall waiting for her partner to come out of the Chairman’s room. The look on Jiu’s face told her almost everything as she let out a sigh.

 

“You ready to put the newbies through some tough situations?” Siyeon nudged the leader who was lost in thought again but she only smiled.

 

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss it even if the world’s ending,” Jiu joked while Siyeon rolled her eyes at her words.

 

“The world is already ended I mean why do you think we attend this academy,” Siyeon countered as Jiu only hummed as she began walking towards the office that contained the newbies. Jiu opened the door with a huge smile on her face as she wanted to play the nice leader to have their guards drop so she can examine their behaviours through her eyes behold a sight.

 

There was a girl who had her uniform ed enough for her neck to be exposed as well as not get her white collar tainted with the spilled blood. The other one tugged on the shirt more making it fall of the girl’s shoulder as she gnawed on her neck again to gain more blood. The girl whose blood was being taken let out a gasp as she grasped harder into the girl’s shoulder. Jiu’s hand immediately flipped her blazer to gain access to her handgun and pulled it out.

 

“Siyeon,” Was all Jiu said as Siyeon nodded and knew what to do. She ran towards the vampire and injected her with a serum that made the vampire temporarily paralyzed. Siyeon pulled the vampire away while Jiu pointed her gun at the girl’s forehead. She looked at the bitten victim and she felt her heart thumped loudly.

 

She saw a full view of the victim, who had half of her uniform on while blood slowly oozed out of the side of her neck. She looked so vulnerable and willing for the vampire to take her blood again. Jiu gulped as the blood traveled down to her collarbone, chest and almost to her . It almost tainted her bra, but the victim was quick to clean up the bloody mess (No pun intended) with the stocked-up tissue that was in her pocket. Jiu looked at the slightly pale skin girl as her eyes traveled to take in such beauty. The purple hair that was pushed to her right side and the way with the victim tilting her head to the side was practically telling her to bite her. The way when Jiu looked into her eyes showed a fight within her that was asking to be challenged. Jiu was about to say something, but the victim spoke up first.

 

“Well, this wasn’t the warm welcome I had in mind,” The victim said as she merely just wiped the blood away from her neck before applying some tape to seal the wound. She put her uniform back on like she everything was normal. “I believe you should unhand my partner now, she means no harm,” The girl walked past Jiu as she went up to the vampire.

 

“Wait, that’s dangerous,” Jiu remembered as she warned the girl, but all the vampire did was stay still as the victim wiped the blood that hanged from the corners of her lips and her chin. Siyeon looked at Jiu shocked at the whole encounter while the victim got the vampire out of Siyeon’s grasp.

 

“Hey, you okay?” The victim asked the vampire and got a slow nod in response. “Thank god, Yoohyeon, this is why I told you to drink the blood bag this morning,” The victim scolded the vampire. “I’m sorry that you had to see such a sight. My partner didn’t have her breakfast this morning and might as well have me as a meal than some poor soul out there,” The girl nonchalantly said.

 

“Sua Unnie,” Yoohyeon said lazily as the paralysis was still affecting her as she was slowly moving her jaw, but her tongue was still yet to regain any function.

 

“As my partner is temporary unable to do any introductions, I’ll do most of the talking,” Sua said as she looked at Siyeon and Jiu with a distant gaze. “My name is Kim Sua, and this is my partner Kim Yoohyeon. We are the new agents sent here to replace the now deceased ones that have fallen on their mission given by the academy,” Sua gritted her teeth and choked on her last words. “I’m looking forward in working with you,”

 

“Likewise,” Jiu happily said as she extended her hand towards Sua for a handshake but Sua brushed it off.

 

“I’m only here to do my job nothing more nothing less. I don’t wish to be on friendly terms with you,” When Sua said you it sounded like it was directed to Jiu which left her shivering in her cold tone, but she wasn’t having anyone disrespect her.

 

“This is not how you treat your leader,” Jiu commanded as Sua only rolled her eyes before trying to walk out of the door. Jiu speed to Sua making her one way out blocked. “I never said that you could leave,” Jiu angrily said as she stared down into Sua’s eyes.

 

“And I never said that I acknowledge you as my leader,” Sua spat as she harshly pushed Jiu away as she left to go anywhere where Jiu wasn’t residing. Jiu was about to go after her but Yoohyeon stopped her.

 

“I wouldn’t go after her if I were you,” Yoohyeon sing sang as she was making use of her now functional tongue and lips. “When, Sua Unnie, is angry then it’ll be like all hell has frozen over,” Yoohyeon tried to make her body shiver but only got her teeth clattering as if it was really cold out.

 

Sua stormed away from Jiu as her heart was beating rapidly. I told them specifically to never let me work with Jiu. Why don’t they ever listen to my requests? Sua bit her lip as she remembered the way she acted towards Jiu but was just filled with rage instead of pain. She saw a clearing and just screamed. She felt her anger dissipating until a sweet scent of chocolate hit her nostrils. Chocolate… it’s sweet and gives pleasure to those who crave it. It’s there for a moment but never lasting just like our love Jiu. Our love was nothing but obtaining temporary pleasure that looked like happiness, but it never was. It merely passed quickly and left both of us like this. One who is truly happy while the other one still craves the pleasure that she has yet to get rid of. Sua thought as she grazed her neck that Yoohyeon’s fangs pierced her skin.

 

“It’s not the same when Yoohyeon does it to me,” She toyed with the bite marks she had recently obtained, “Jiu,” she softly said her name as if she’ll break if her voice called out to her any louder, “it doesn’t feel right when it’s not you who is biting into me.” Sua sadly concluded but she knew that the love between them will be nothing more than a distant memory.