Once a Year (SuaxSiyeon)

Chocolates

 

She hasn’t noticed at all just like the other times. Almost always the one day in the year I always do this, and she doesn’t have to know. Sure, she may be younger, but it doesn’t justify my actions towards her.

 

Every year there is Halloween and Siyeon loves it because of the costumes and candy. What she loves most is chocolates. Whenever me and her go trick or treating, I would give her half of my chocolates so I can see that smile of hers.

 

“Sua Unnie?” I hear my name and I look over to Siyeon who had a confused look on her face. Oh, how adorable she looks right now.

 

“Yes, Siyeonshi?” I replied as I wondered what could make her so confused.

 

“Do… do you,” She fiddled with her fingers as I could tell that she was getting nervous. “Do you think we are too old to be trick or treating?” She had a small tint of pink on her cheeks. I smiled and patted her head.

 

“One can never be too old to be trick or treating,” I reassure her after all I’ll still be giving her treats until the end of our lives. No holiday is going to stand in my way of giving Siyeon the best chocolate she deserves.

 

“But, Dami, said that 20 years old is already too old to be childishly getting treats from other people,” Siyeon whined and I cursed Dami for being realistic.

 

“No matter who says anything it’s what you believe in,” I try to comfort her, but it failed.

 

“I believe in everyone’s words though,” Siyeon pouted and I could only shake my head at Siyeon’s cuteness.

 

“Then believe mine too. When have I ever lied to you?” I questioned knowing that Siyeon wouldn’t remember a time since I haven’t lied just omitted to tell her things that might hurt her.

 

“I don’t know I forgot?” Siyeon questioned herself and I found myself just basking in the moment of making her more confused than ever,

 

“It’s alright no matter what anyone says I’ll always give you candy every year for Halloween okay?” I suggested as I never want to break my little tradition to myself. What started as a small act of kindness became my yearly routine to get her to smile.

 

“Can it be chocolate?” Siyeon said in excitement. I chuckled at her love for chocolates.

 

“Okay, I’ll buy you chocolates every year, but you can only get them when you say trick or treat okay?” I gave in knowing that I am weak to Siyeon’s demands

 

“Thank you so much, Sua Unnie, I love you,” She hugged me, and I returned her hug holding her close.

 

“I love you too,” Forever and always. I thought as she wouldn’t notice that I only do this for her and only her.