Chapter 22

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   2 2


L u h a n

All the nobles that I know hate their hands getting sullied. But she’s really an exception with them all.

“Straighten your back a bit.” I say and Ae Soo nods. We do the last sparring for the day and finished. “Alright, that’s enough for the day.” She catches her breath and puts down the wooden sword on the ground. I look at her hands and they’re full of bruises. She’s been practicing archery then swordsmanship every day. I remember when she asked me if she can learn how to use the sword from me. When I asked her why, she told me she wanted to get stronger for her to be able to discover the truth behind his Uncle’s death. 

I grab her hand and look at all the cuts that she have from handling the wooden sword for long. Just then, all her cuts are slowly closing. I look at her in surprise. “I’m okay. I heal fast so I can continue-“

“No. Even if you heal fast, you still can feel pain and I won’t let you hurt yourself too much.”

“Luhan.” I grab her near the pond and sank her hand on it. 

“Don’t take yourself for granted.” When I noticed Ae Soo staring at me, I look at her and she smiles. It’s like I stopped breathing for a second. It’s a first that I saw her smile like this. 

“You’re so kind. Thank you. For always looking after me.” She takes her hand out and stands. “But I’m alright besides, I..” she looks faraway and her eyes turned sad again even though she’s smiling. “Sehun and the others might’ve been waiting for me already. I don’t want them to be so worried that’s why I have to try my best to see them again.”

Ah, so that’s why. 

I forgot that she already has a fiancé and he thinks she’s dead. I wonder why I feel disappointed when it’s a given that she’ll return to him after everything is over. 

“Ae Soo.”

“Hm?” She turns to me. The moon is starting to appear and so does her demon appearance. My eyes widen at the sight. She’s... ing beautiful. “Oh, it’s a full moon tonight.”

“You’re-“

She smiles. “Yeah, I actually only have eight tails. I know it’s weird.”

“You’re still beautiful.”

She looks at me with her eyes wide. “You’re the second person to tell me that.” She gives me that nostalgic look and I’m sure she just remembered Sehun.


C h a n y e o l

“I’m back.” I take of my shoes when I hear footsteps approaching the front gate then I saw Baekhyun and Minseok hyung. “Whoa. What’s up?”

“He’s gone again!!” They both say in unison. I don’t even need to ask who’s gone. I turn exiting the gate again and headed to the place where he usually goes. Where Ae Soo fell.

And I’m right. Sehun’s there. Searching every nook at the foot of the hill. This is the third week already since Ae Soo and her Dad fell but we haven’t got anything yet. We haven’t found their body which is why Sehun’s still hoping that they’re alive. That she’s alive. But judging from the height of the cliff...

“Hey, everybody’s worried. We should go back for now.”

“You can go on ahead Hyung.”

“Sehun-“

He slapped my hand away and didn’t even bothered to look at me. He hasn’t been sleeping well and had collapse thrice already because of it. I sigh and use my powers to put flame around him so he can’t move. 

“Move Hyung.”

“I know you’re worried about her. We all are. But Sehun, you have to take care of yourself. We don’t even know if she’s still-“ I gasp when I feel pain on my cheek. The next thing I know is Sehun just cut me with the wind. “Sehun.”

“Don’t even try to say it. I’ll definitely finish you off the next time you try to say those words.”

He walked pass through me and I followed him behind as we make a return to the mansion. We’re lucky to have escaped when the Goblins invaded Ae Soo’s clan. I didn’t even expect that they were that powerful. Also, I’m glad that we’re able to stop Sehun that day. Bloodlust filled his eyes the moment Ae Soo fell on the cliff because of Jonghyun. 

I watch as Sehun returns to his room. He’s going to stay there for the rest of the day again. 

“Ah-“ Jisoo stops on her tracks seeing me. I was about to greet her when she walks pass me. “Still nothing?”

She asks with her back facing me. “Yeah.”

“Okay.” 

Jisoo and Minah are staying here for the meantime ever since they found out about what happened to Ae Soo. 

“Jisoo-“

“No. We’re not to talk other than Ae Soo’s whereabouts.” She cuts me off and walks ahead. She’s still have a grudge towards me huh? I sigh and return to my room. I feel like my body is going to kill me because of the pain. We’ve been going on patrol around the compound ever since the attack last week. We suspected that the Goblins have something to do with it. Though Ae Ryu still haven’t left their mansion ever since he murdered Ae Soo’s uncle. I was not really expecting that considering that he’s friends with Ae Soo. Good friends. But then again, Goblins are known to betray. 

Just when I have my eyes closed, my phone rang. I reach for it at my nightstand and answered it. “Hello?”

“Chanyeol.” I sit up and my eyes darted open at the familiar voice. I scan my phone again making sure that I’m right and I am. 

“Ye..joon?” 

“I’m sorry to call you but I heard from my sister that she’s staying there? Is she okay? She’s not answering my calls.”

I let out a smile. She’s still protective of her sister huh? “Yeah, she’s alright. I’ll look after her.”

“Oh thank goodness. Is there any news about their friend?”

“Unfortunately no.”

“I see.. I’m sorry to hear that.” I nod even though she can’t see me. She bids me farewell and asked me to look after Jisoo. When I hang up, I feel so defeated. I just want to hear her voice a little longer but I guess not. I reach out to put my phone back to the nightstand when I hear something fell. It’s the good luck pouch that Ae Soo gave us back then. I smile picking it up. She placed dandelions inside. She said that she wanted me to continue being happy which is why she chose it for me. I let out a chuckle and stare at the pouch. “Happy huh?”

I stand and headed to Sehun’s room. I place the pouch at the bottom of his door and pushed it inside along with a note that says, you’ll be needing it.


A  e    S  o  o

I was out taking my afternoon walk when I saw Luhan running away from a girl. I stop and watch them from afar.

“I said stop following me damn it!”

“You’re so mean! It’s been a while since I last got here! Don’t you miss me?”

“I don’t!” The girl caught up to him and hugged him from behind. I laugh at their cuteness and they seem to notice me. “A..Ae Soo!”

“Ae Soo?” She looks at Luhan in confusion then realized who I am. She gasps and bowed at me. “Oh my gosh! Forgive my rudeness Princess!”

I smile. “Don’t worry about it. But it’s a first that I’ve seen you.”

“Oh, I just came back from China! I’m Xu Li Shao! Nice to meet you Princess! I’ve heard a lot about you! And it’s true that you really are a beauty!”

“Oh, that’s..” I let out an uneasy laugh. Li Shao grabs my hand and smiles widely. 

“I also heard that somebody took you as a bride? What is he like? Is he handsome?!” She asks with much excitement but I suddenly remembered Sehun. 

“Li Shao that’s enough.” Luhan grabbed her away from me. “I’m sorry for that. She-“

“It’s okay. I’m tired so I’ll be going to my room.”


L u h a n

She got depressed again and it’s because of what Li Shao said. “Ugh, damn it!” I ruffle my hair and hurry to catch up to Ae Soo. 

“Luhan!” Li Shao calls me but I didn’t look back. Ae Soo’s been alright this past few days and now she’s reminded of him again. I just hope she won’t shut herself to her room again.

When I see her, I grab her arm to stop her. She looks at me surprised as I catch my breath. “Luhan?”

“Are...you okay?” 

“I am. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because she... Just now Li Shao-“

“Oh.” She chuckles and grabs my hand that’s been holding her arm. Ae Soo placed it on her cheek and smiled. I gasp at the contact and my eyes widen. “Do I look like I’m not okay?”

I watch her eyes as she wavers. She definitely doesn’t look okay. She looks like she’s at the verge of crying but she’s trying her best to be strong. For him. For Sehun. So I lie because I don’t want her to shed anymore tears because she had shed enough. “Not really.”

She gives me a chuckle and stretched her cheeks with her fingers. “I’m good! See?” She stares at me then tears started to flow from her eyes. 

I hate this.

My body is moving on its own right now. My fingers meet hers and I remove it. She looks at me then her smile started to fade. She takes two steps back and then runs away from me. I hear footsteps behind me. I can tell it’s Li Shao.

“Luhan, you..” I know what she’s about to say. “No. You can’t. She’s the Princess!”

I turn to face her and she’s looking at me terrified. I know she has feelings for me ever since we’re kids but I... “I what?”

“You can’t! No, tell me I’m wrong.”

“Say it. I what?” I know why I’m forcing her to do it. Because I don’t want to admit what’s inside my heart right now. Because I know that once this is all over, she won’t ever look at my direction. She won’t cry for me. She won’t miss me. She won’t call my name anymore. 

“D..Do you perhaps, like the Princess?”


A  e    S  o  o

Ugh. My eyes are swollen because I cried for about an hour. This is crazy. Just because I saw Luhan and Li Shao getting along together, it made me remember of him. How will I be able to stay strong if I’m like this? I sigh leaning on the wall as I play with the tissue on my hand. I crumple it even though it’s almost crushed because of the tears that I wiped. 

God I miss him.

I want to see him.

I hug my knees. My eyes are slowly getting heavy. The tiredness from the crying is starting to hit me. I don’t want to sleep. Because if I do, I’ll get a nightmare again. But if I’m awake, I remember Sehun. I don’t think I can take both worlds. I’m so messed up right now.

“What are you doing?”

I gasp when I look up. Dad is here. In front of me. I stand in surprise but I became unsteady. He grabs my arms to hold me in place. “Dad.”

“I knocked a lot of times but you didn’t answer.”

“I’m sorry.” I wait for him to scold me because that’s what is always next whenever we talk. He always shouts at me telling me my faults and flaws. How he hates me. But he’s surprising me. He sits beside the spot where I am sitting earlier and looks far away. “Um...” 

He’s not talking and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. “He asked me a lot of things.”

“What?”

“Your Uncle.” 

“Oh..” I don’t know what to say with those words. I haven’t talked about my Uncle yet because I don’t think I’m ready to remember yet. 

“He told me not to tell you about my hatred. He told me that the reason why I’m mad at you is because I care for you.” He looks up at me. I can see sadness in Dad’s eyes. “Why did he left when I needed answers for those? He left too early.” I slowly sat next to Dad and now we’re both looking far away. Like we’re trying to find my Uncle somewhere. “He’s our bridge that’s trying to mend what’s broken between us. And he threw the last roll to me.” He slides a letter towards my hand. I took it and when I open it, I burst in tears again. It’s a letter from my Uncle with his handwriting.

Dear Se Jong Hyung,

To think that you’re reading this letter, I must be gone right now huh? I’m expecting you to curse me. Yeah I get it. But this is a given. I know you’re still going through a lot right now and I’m sorry to leave you in a middle of it. It’s been years since Noona died and you’ve been broken because of that. But you’re not alone! I was there by your side and a part of my sister is there too. And for that, I have a number of things I wanted from you. I know I’m not supposed to be bragging but, yeah. Just hear me out.

First thing. I know how much telling Ae Soo that you hate her from your core has became your hobby. So what I want to ask from you is to tell her the opposite. We have a saying that goes, “The more you hate, the more you love” right? I was hesitant to tell you this but I guess I will now since you won’t be able to hit me. No one can hurt a spirit right? I want you to tell Ae Soo how much you love her instead of hate. I know how much you wanted to be a father for her Hyung. Remember? When you discovered that she was gone because she went to Yeonseok hyung, I can’t forget how much you look so panicked and you ran off before even giving orders. You’re worried about her right? Because of the prophecy and she walked right into a wolf’s den. You’re scared that something might’ve happened to her because she’s alone. I also can’t forgot how you breathe in relief after seeing that she’s alright when you finally saw her. I think that’s the best smile that I had Hyung. You made me so happy when I saw how much you care about Ae Soo. That you love the part of my sister that was left. So please tell Ae Soo how much you love her okay?

Second! No more shouting. I know how hard it is for you to express yourself and how much you think that you needed to be feared because you need to lead two clans at the same time. But just know that now, you’re not alone. Ae Soo’s right beside you and you can depend on her! Just not by training the troops. I don’t want my precious niece to be scathed okay?! She’s my greatest treasure so take care of her!

Third! Don’t hate yourself. I know how much you think that people hate you. I’m telling you this, you are loved by a lot of people. I bet you even have a fan club of your own. Maybe Luhan is the head? Yeah, he idolize you so much. You have such charisma to lead two clans hyung and for you to be able to do that, it only meant one thing. It’s because people love and respect you. So start a fan club for your own too okay? Start the love myself fan club! I’ll be supporting you!

Lastly, please don’t blame yourself. Don’t blame yourself for the death of my sister. Because she doesn’t. She loves Ae Soo even on her last moment and she’s thankful that you’re the father of her one and only daughter. Don’t blame yourself for leaving Ae Soo alone because you’re still there. You’re by her side watching her from afar and I know my sister’s watching you both from above with a smile on her face. 

I’m sorry for leaving so suddenly Hyung. I leave my precious niece to you. I know you don’t know much about her, but you can still start now. Here’s just a little bonus. She needs a morning call every day because she’s not a morning person. Trust me, I tried placing four alarm clocks beside her and it doesn’t work. She also loves baking and cooking! She learned it from Hyunjin noona. Oh and by that, tell her to cook you Tiramisu! It’s heavenly. She’s a great kid Hyung. I’m sure you’ll love her as much as you loved my sister.

You might be wondering what brought this to happen. I’m still not sure myself but I have suspicions that Jonghyun has plans and I don’t have a good feeling about it so I’m about to go to confirm it. And no matter what happens, don’t forget. My sister’s already dead and she’s happily watching you from above. Don’t forget that. 

- Kang Joon

I hit myself in my chest to try to tell myself to stop crying already because I’m too tired. I’ve been crying ever since I started reading the letter. I can’t believe my Uncle foresaw what’s going to happen to him. I feel a hand grab mine. Dad pulled me towards him and he’s crying too. This is the first I saw him cry. This is also the first that he touched me. This makes me cry even more. 

“Dad... Dad...” I cling on to him and he gives me a nod.

“I’m so sorry..” he whispered as he kisses my temple. “I’m so sorry Ae Soo.. for all the words that I have said. I love you.. you’re my princess. I’m so sorry. Please forgive your father.”

I shake my head and hug him tight. “I was never mad at you Dad.. I loved you ever since I was born.” 

My words made him sob even harder and I smile. Uncle Kang Joon really is unbelievable. Even though he’s not beside us anymore, he managed to mend the bond that was broken between my Dad and I. I’ll forever love him. Even if I meet him at the other side, I’ll tell him all about this. All about how my Dad first called me his Princess.