Chapter 40

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   40


M  i  n  a  h    

“Are you sure you’re alright?”

Ae Soo raised her head after vomiting for a while then forces a smile for me. “I am. I’m sorry to worry you like this. But please keep this as a secret for a while okay? Just until the ceremony is over.”

“Alright...”

“Thank you Minah. I’m good now so you can go to work. I’m sorry I can’t fix lunch for you.”

“You don’t need to worry about that.” I help her back to her bed and grab my bag that I left at her table. “Well, I’ll be going then.”

She gives me a nod then drifted to sleep. I sigh after leaving her room. It’s been three days since I went with Ae Soo to have herself checked and a lot has happened. I admit, I still can’t process everything that I heard and knew that day. I always thought that Ae Soo’s been living like a human up until that day when I discovered that she’s not. She made it look that she’s okay and she can handle it all but after I realized everything, it’s just too heavy for her to carry it all alone. I decided that I’ll try my best to be with her while I’m staying here. I’m her friend after all. 

“Is she sick again?” I gasp after hearing the sudden voice behind me. It’s Baekhyun Oppa.

“Oh, Oppa. Um... she’s just dizzy.” I know Ae Soo asked me to keep it a secret but it’s hard..

“That so? It’s been a while since she got here. She can’t even help with the morning preparations. Is she really okay?”

“M..Mm..” I clenched my skirt in guilt. He’s our friend and I really feel bad about lying but if he discovers, Sehun might find out that Ae Soo’s pregnant before she can even tell him. I feel a pat on my head. When I looked up, Baekhyun oppa gave me a warm smile.

“I’m sorry if I asked something I shouldn’t have. She asked to you keep something did she?” I choked on my breath. How did he knew? “It’s okay Minah. Don’t worry about it. I know that if Ae Soo needs to keep something, she knows it’s for the best.”

“I’m sorry..”

“It’s all good. Are you on your way to work?”

“Yes.” 

“Then I’ll walk you down. It’s a long way after all.” He jumps from the steps and then he suddenly transformed into a wolf. Oh my god, it’s my first time seeing that happen! “Now, up on my back!”

“I..I thought only Sehun can do this?!”

“Haha! We can suppress it and transform whenever we want to. Heirs like him can’t. Their powers are overwhelming when it’s the full moon. Now up you go~” 

I cautiously climbed on his back and it feels weird. I feel like just talked to  a huge dog and now riding on a wolf’s back. This is so strange.. “Will it be alright for you to be seen?”

“I’ll transform back when we reached the bottom so don’t worry about it.”

“Okay..” It’s true that he moves faster when he’s on this form. I stare at his fur and it’s all fluffy and gray. And those ears- 

“Wah!” We immediately stopped when we’re almost at the bottom and then Oppa transformed back to his human form. “M..Minah!!”

“W..What is it?” 

“Don’t suddenly do that!”

“Do what?” Even though I’m still on his back, I can feel him shake a bit and now that I looked at him, his ears are a bit red? “Oppa?”

“D..Don’t just touch it all of a sudden...” he says silently. Oh, is he talking about when I touched his ear? 

“Oh, sorry about that!” He carefully puts me down and laughs.

“I’m quite sensitive with my ear you see, so don’t just do that all of a sudden okay?”

I chuckle and nod. “Alright. I just got curious how your ear would feel like.” I was looking at him as I talk when I saw his eyes widen at my words. I don’t know if it’s just me but something looks sad about his eyes just now. He quickly hides it with his smile and a scratch on his head. 

“That so? Well the bus is here so be careful on your way okay?” By the time I got in the bus, I was preoccupied with the thought of how sad Baekhyun oppa’s eyes looked just now. He’s always cheerful and lively, it’s a first that I saw him like that. I wonder what’s wrong?

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰


Throughout the day while I was working, I can’t help but to worry about Ae Soo. Has she eaten, is she alright? Did she vomit again? I was going crazy with those thoughts and I even flooded her with text messages which had only one reply and that is ‘I’m alright and good so just work Minah. Thank you for worrying.’ And now I’m on my way back with still worry on my head and heart. It was so frustrating that I can’t monitor her twenty-four hours because Sehun doesn’t know what she’s going through. I am actually itching to tell him to end this anxiety because I know that he’ll be with her every second of the day. But Ae Soo told me that if I did, he won’t be able to concentrate on preparing for the ascending ceremony wherein he’ll officially be the head of their clan since his father will step down. I’m guessing that his Mom already told his Dad about Ae Soo being pregnant which is why he is finally stepping down. It’s just sad that this kind of thing feels like it’s a normal thing to do without consideration of the circumstances which is Ae Soo’s other foot near the death’s door.

“You’re back.” I raise my head after counting the steps towards the gate which amaze me every time I take them because the count just change every single time. 

“Ae Soo!” I run to her and hugged her. “You’re okay! And your fever’s gone too.” 

She chuckles and nodded. “Mm. It just happens from time to time. Maybe it’s because of what they said. I’m not the only one benefiting from the fox bead now.” she smiles warmly while holding her stomach. She looks so happy at the thought that she’s pregnant with Sehun’s child.

“Are you that happy considering what might happen? Aren’t you even scared?”

She looks back at him and shrugs. “I’m not sure. I’ll be lying if I say that I am not but,” she looks at the sky this time and smiles exactly like how she did when she held her stomach earlier. “I guess this is how Mom felt when she found out that she got us. You’re just happy and can’t wait to let the child see how amazing this world is.”

“Ae Soo..” I always envy her smile. The smile that shows that everything will turn out fine even though there are low chances of it happening. 

“Ae Soo!” I flinch at the voice. It’s Sehun! “I’ve been looking around everywhere!”

“Oh, sorry. I was waiting for Minah. I’m hoping to hear how her first day went.”

Sehun breaths a sigh of relief and hugs her. I smile looking at them. Honestly? I envy Ae Soo for having Sehun. I’ve been in relationships but I haven’t seen anyone looked at me like that before, much more worry about me like the world’s going to end when I’m not at his radar. How nice would that be if I found someone like that huh? 

“Anddd you’re in deep thought again~”

“Ah!” I felt an elbow rest at the top of my head. When I look up Baekhyun oppa’s looking at the same direction I am looking just now. “Oppa!”

“Makes you kind of envious just by looking at them huh?”

I smile. “Yeah. They’re lucky to have each other.”

“Mm. Sehun’s lucky to have her.” There it is again. That sad look on his face. I wonder what’s wrong? He’s smiling but his eyes are giving everything up.

“Oppa-“ I was about to ask him what’s wrong when I’m cut by Chanyeol oppa calling us that dinner’s ready. I follow them still lost in thought what’s behind those sad eyes of him just now.



B  a  e  k  h  y  u  n 

She’s laughing beside him but she’s all pale and she looks tired. Is it just me or does Sehun see what I see? He usually sees everything about Ae Soo first. But why is it that he can’t notice what she’s like right now? I realize that there may be one reason why he can’t realize it. 

“I’ll just go to the comfort room for a while.”

“Do you need me to go with you?”

She smiled at Sehun and shook her head then headed out. Something’s up. I know Minah won’t tell me because there’s a good reason why Ae Soo’s hiding something. But I just can’t sit back and wait for her to tell me. Not when I’m noticing it. I follow her out but she’s not heading to the comfort room. She’s on her way back to their room. But before she reaches it, she staggers on the ground. “Ae Soo!” I run to her side and saw that she’s in cold sweat as she chases her breath. “Wait here! I’ll call Sehun-“ 

“...No.” she gasps for another breath and leaned on my chest. “I’ll be fine in a minute.. just.. lend me your chest for a while.” When I hear footsteps behind us, I carried Ae Soo to the roof to let her rest. 

“What’s wrong Ae Soo?” Please tell me what’s wrong with you or else I’ll die in worry! 

“I’m sorry Oppa.. just a little bit.. I’m going to be okay..” her voice is hoarse and her hands are lifeless. 

“Then just tell me one thing, you’re not dying are you?”

She chuckles softly. “I..can’t die Oppa.” Ae Soo mumbled before drifting to sleep. I hug her close to me and sighed resting my chin on her head. 

“Stop torturing yourself Baekhyun. We got over it already..”


M  i  n  a  h 

“Ae Soo?!” After rushing to Ae Soo’s room when I received Baekhyun oppa’s text that she collapsed, I immediately run to her side but she’s already passed out. “Oh my gosh.” I quickly checked if she’s wearing the necklace that the lady gave to her and found out that she’s not. “How could you forget that thing you crazy girl?!” 

“Forget what?” I clearly forgot that Baekhyun oppa was still here and I blabbed something out of the blue! 

“U...Um- That’s-“ 

“Oh I see.” He gives me a warm smile and that tells me that he knows that he just asked something I can’t answer. I then felt something rising from my stomach. Wait! I don’t have time for this! The necklace!! 

“Oh here it is!” I quickly run to Ae Soo and placed the necklace on her. Just then, she’s starting to have color. “Oh thank god!”

“Does she need this always in her?”

“Well..yes.”

“I see. Then don’t worry about it. I’ll make sure she has this always on her.”

Hm... By looking at Oppa, something tells me that he’s looking at Ae Soo like he’s- “Minah? Baekhyun hyung?”

“S..Sehun!” Oh gosh. The last thing I wanted to happen is for Sehun to be here right now!!

“Ae Soo’s sleeping? But she told me she just want to go to the comfort room?”

“Mm. But I saw her dozing off the grounds in front of the comfort room. Maybe she wanted to hide it from you since everyone’s getting hyped up for your taking over, future Clan head.” Baekhyun oppa stands from where he’s sitting and pats Sehun’s shoulder. “Well, we should go now. Don’t want to interrupt the precious couple time~ Let’s go Minah.”

“Huh? O..Oh right! Goodnight then Sehun!” I follow Oppa outside while I’m still out of it because he’s just so flawless in making up what happened. “Is it just me or are you that good in lying?”

He chuckles but his eyes showed that look again. The sad look. “I know right? I must be good in lying.” I stare at him hoping that it would help me figure out what is it about him that makes me say how sad he is whenever he smiles. I don’t even know why I’m bothered by this anyway. I’ve known him ever since I get to know Ae Soo more. To be exact, we spent five years together. But whenever he smiles it’s like he wanted to hide something. “What is it? I feel like you’re boring a hole in me.” 

“Say Oppa?”

“Hm?”

“Are you perhaps hiding something? Tell me if I’m wrong but, I’ve been seeing this ever since. You look sadder and sadder whenever you’re smiling and laughing in front of us. I don’t think it’s like that when we first met. When did it start though?” I pause to give it a thought when I notice he’s looking at me with much shock on his face. Then his expression softened with a laugh. “What? Did I say something weird?”

“I’ve been told that once but I guess you’re sharper than Ae Soo huh?”

“Ae Soo told you this too?”

“Yeah.”

“Wait, you’re dodging my question. Oh but I’m not going to force you to tell me though. Just one thing, are you okay?”

He smiled at me warmly then he pats my head. “Why don’t you figure it out then? I’m curious as to how sharp you are.”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰

Ever since Baekhyun oppa told me to satisfy my curiosity, my eyes kept on being caught by him. And now, this is the nth time I’m seeing him with that genuine smile of his. As to what I’ve been gathering, he’s always showing it when Ae Soo’s present. Is it what I think it is though? 

“Oh Minah! I’ve been waiting for you!”

“Hey. Need something?” Ae Soo nods at me with a bright face and hands me a small paper bag. “Hm? What’s this?”

“I feel bad for not making you lunch while I was sick so here. I made this. Baekhyun Oppa helped too.” My eyes landed from the packed lunch then to Ae Soo and finally to Oppa who’s smiling brightly too. 

“Though~ I just chopped and peeled some of them hahahaha!” 

“But that was a great help Oppa! So don’t say it’s nothing okay?” He placed that soft look on his face again and ruffled Ae Soo’s hair. 

“Thanks though.” 

Yep. I know what that look is and now every puzzle pieces in my head slowly are slowly falling into it’s right place. “Oppa.”

“Yes?”

“Can you give me a ride to the bus stop again?”

“Sure! I was on my way for a walk anyway~”

“Well, I have to go back and wake Sehun up! Be careful Minah and see you later Oppa! I’ll place extra cheese on your salad today for helping me!”

“Mm! Thanks!” I watch Oppa as he watch Ae Soo go. “Ah, don’t run you might trip.” He mumbled to himself as he continued to keep his eyes on Ae Soo.

“Oppa, remember what you said to me that night when Ae Soo fainted?”

“Hm? Oh yeah! That! What of it?”

“I think I figured it out. You like her don't you?” I stare at him and I can tell that I hit bullseye. But something about it doesn’t make me feel good though. I wonder why. 

“You are sharp.”

“Have you told her?”

He chuckles placing his arms at the back of his neck and stared at the clouds. “Not really and I didn’t plan on telling her anyway. I know it’s a loss from the start.”

“But why? Even back then, you should’ve told her!”

“I’ve thought of it but, I realized how Sehun felt about her. I thought of fighting for my feelings but,” he looks at me with that painful look again but he’s smiling. “I liked Ae Soo but not like how Sehun liked her. And, I treated Sehun like my own brother. He’s been alone for quite sometime. He isn’t selfish because he puts us first. I’ve always wanted him to meet someone who will let him feel that it’s okay to be selfish sometimes and Ae Soo broke that barrier that he’s been putting on ever since we’re little. I appreciate Ae Soo and I became interested in her ever since. But she’s just that kind of person. I think wherever she goes, people would just like her.” It’s all too painful to take in all at once. Before I knew it, I’m crying too. “Whoa there! Why are you crying?!”

“Because you aren’t! You’re just keeping all those sad feelings to yourself! You said Sehun’s not selfish but so are you! I know you’re a playboy and loves to keep on hitting and sleeping with girls but you’re just as pure as a high school girl Oppa!”

I hear him laugh. “I don’t know if I can take that as a compliment though.”

“It is! So just stop on putting others before you for once! Meet a girl that you’ll like and be happy with her will you?!” I wipe my tears and took a deep breath to calm myself.

“Where’re you going?”

“I don’t want to ride a wolf’s back anymore! I can go down myself!”


B  a  e  k  h  y  u  n

I chuckle as I watch Minah march down the stairs on her way to the bus stop but I can’t help not to follow after all. After what she just said just now, this girl is just too interesting to ignore. She cries whenever she empathize with someone and she puts on a strong look to hide that weak side of hers huh? Isn’t that cute? She grumpily rides the bus but starts crying again when it left. I laugh in amusement as I watch the bus leave my sight. 

“Meet some girl that I’ll like huh?”