Chapter 4

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   4


A  e    S  o  o

I shut my eyes closed as Sehun takes a step closer to me. "W..Wait, Sehun! can you-"

"Shh. Be quiet."

"What?"

"Sehun? Aren't you done yet?" That's Baekhyun's voice!

"I'm almost done. I'll call you when I finish." 

"Geez! I don't know why you hate taking a shower together when I also have what you have. Be quick! I already smell." Footsteps started to fade and Sehun sighs in relief. 

"Um.." I say to break the silence.

"Oh, sorry." He steps back from me and grab his dirty clothes. "I just did it out of impulse. He'll see you like that so I did that just now. Sorry if I did something out of ordinary."

"I..It's okay." He nods and opened the door but stops before getting out. 

"I'll tell him you're in a hurry that's why I let you in before him So no need to get out."

"Okay." He locks the door for me before he leaves and I sigh sinking on the floor in relief. W..What was all that?

₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ 

After taking a shower, I changed into the dress that Ahjumma gave me and headed back to my room. Staring at myself in the mirror, I'm quite surprised that the dress fits exactly for me. I guess ahjumma and I had the same size. I head out and walk back to the kitchen seeing her prepare snacks for everyone.

"Oh my! It fits you perfectly!" 

I smile grabbing the plates from the shelf. "Yes, I'm quite surprised too that it's just like it's made for my body. Again, thank you very much!"

She smiles back as we head to the dojo. "It's nothing dear. I'm glad you like it." We both greet Uncle and Ahjussi as they supervise all the soldiers in the main house. 

"Alright men! Gather up! Time for a break!"

"Yes sir!" All men started to grab their share of the snacks and I help ahjumma give their share.

"Here you all go." I give tea to Sehun and the others.

"Thanks! Oh and Ae Soo, the dress looks great on you! White definitely is your color." Baekhyun said giving me two thumbs up. I smile nodding.

"Thank you."

"That's Mom's." Sehun points at my dress.

“You knew?” He nods.

“Mom had a picture with me back then when I was a kid.” 

“Oh..” he doesn’t say anything more. Just when I thought we can finally have a conversation with him doing the talking. I guess not. Above all of them, he and Kyungsoo are the only ones I don’t have conversations with much. I just want to be closer to everyone during my stay here.

“Don’t be tense. Who knows, maybe you’ll do well today right?” Chanyeol looks at Sehun gives him a reassuring smile but I don’t think it helped Sehun get a feeling of ease though.

“Is something the matter?” I ask.

“Oh it’s nothing. It’s just we all get tested once in a while but it’s different from Sehun. Since he’s the strongest out of all of us, he has the leader up against. He’s the only one he can’t beat.” Jongdae replied. 

“I see.” I glance at Sehun who’s gripping at his sword. So, he can use that too. I thought he just uses the bow. 

“He can use all things that can strike an opponent. Amazing right?” Baekhyun whispered and I nod in agreement. I never thought Sehun’s that amazing. “Oh I know! Why don’t you stay to watch the match?”

“I can do that?”

“Of course! The madam will watch too since she’ll be worried about those two.” He chuckles. 

“Then I guess I would too.”

“Be all tense and you’ll lose even before you step in the battle area.” We all turn to Kyungsoo as he sips on his tea.

“Hyung.” Chanyeol mumbled. 

After a while and everyone finished their snacks, break ended and the battle between Sehun and Ahjussi started. I can tell that Ahjumma is really worried with her hands clasped together. I can’t blame her. Even though this is only a friendly match, who knows if one will get hurt?

“This will be interesting.” Uncle Kang Joon said sitting next to me. “I’ve never seen the son fight before but Hyung, ah, I’m looking forward to this.”

“Is he really that good Uncle?”

He lets out a chuckle. “He’s in par with your father Ae Soo which is why he respects Hyung the most.”

“Is that so?” 

“Son,” Ahjussi called to Sehun who’s in front of me. “Tell me, have you found it yet? Something you wanted to protect?”

Sehun frowns. “I told you, I don’t need that. If that’s your definition of being strong then it’s different from me Dad. Having someone to protect will only make me weak.”

Ahjussi smiles. “Well then, let’s see how you define what makes a person strong. Come.” 

Sehun moves as his father said so. I gasp at how fast they both move but the only one who’s making the offense is Sehun. Ahjussi’s dodging his moves flawlessly like it doesn’t even require any effort at all. He is good. Sehun stops for a while as he catch his breath. He’s already struggling but Ahjussi’s all relaxed. “Wow.”

I hear a laugh. “I know right?” Uncle said.

“I believe you don’t understand yet Sehun. You can’t win against me if you fight with no reason. You living up to the title of being an heir is not enough. Your fighting is senseless.” Ahjussi pointed his sword at Sehun as he talks.

“I don’t need to hear that!” Sehun attacks again but before we know it, Ahjussi’s sword is pointed at his neck. 

“Oh no..” I gasp in surprise and sigh in relief seeing that Sehun’s not hurt.

“Damn it...”

“I told you, you’re just weak for me. It’s pathetic to fight without a reason.You’ll never defeat me unless your resolve is stronger than mine.” Ahjussi sheaths his sword back and pat Sehun in his head. “But you’ve improved. I’m happy of that.”

Frustrated, Sehun slaps Ahjussi’s hand off him and left. “Sehun!” Ahjumma called and was about to stop him when Ahjussi grabbed her. “Yoonseok..”

“It’s alright.” Ahjussi gives her an assuring smile then turns to me. “Would you mind going after him Ae Soo?”

“M..Me?” I point at myself and he nods. “Alright then..” I run after Sehun and I see him washing his hand in the faucet. “Blood-“ He heard my voice but he doesn’t look at me.

“What do you want?” He asked, irritated.

“You’re hand, it’s wounded.”

“So I see.” 

“Can you let me treat it? I’ll be real quick!”

He sighs seeing that I have no intentions of giving up. “Do as you please.”

“Alright! I’ll just go get the first aid kit.” I ran as fast as I can and went back with the kit. I take his hand after we take a seat at the stairs. I place some of the disinfectant in the cotton and pat it in the wound. I glance at him but he’s not flinching at all. “Um.. does it hurt?”

“I’m used to it.”

“Oh..” I continue to do my work until he speaks.

“Do you think I’m pathetic too?” I raise my head looking at him and I can see the frustration in his face. 

“I think it’s odd to fight without a reason but I don’t think you’re pathetic.” I grab the bandage and started putting it around his hand. “I get where your Dad is coming from. His reason for fighting and the reason behind his strength is I think because he has three things he wanted to protect. Your clan, your Mom and also, you.” I give him a smile. “But I don’t think it’s pathetic for you to fight because of your title as an heir. It’s not your fault that you wanted to live up to your father’s expectations. You just love and respect him and I envy your relationship. At least your father is looking at you. He even touched you!” I release a laugh. “You’re lucky to have a father like that because not all people experience that Sehun.” I finish bandaging his hand. “There all done. Oh right!” I stand up and pick up the kit. “I think you’ll find it in time, the thing that you will want to protect. All of us have that. Something to protect. Then I’ll be going now!”

“Hey wait.” I turn my back just when he calls me again so I turn to face him. “Thank you. When I find that thing that I want to protect I’ll tell you first Ae Soo.” I freeze. Did he just- “What’s wrong?” 

“Huh? Oh, it’s nothing.. just..”

“Just?”

“It’s a first. You thanking me and calling my name.”

He stops for a moment as he stare. “Oh, is it?” Then he smiles. “Well thanks. You made me feel better Ae Soo.”

₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ 

In the evening, when I get back to my room to take some rest, I can’t seem to fall asleep. I sit up sighing. “Maybe a little air will help me feel drowsy.”

Standing, I open the window on my room and gazed at the moon. It’s a full moon today. As I gaze at the moon, I suddenly felt uneasy like a presence suddenly appeared close. “What..is this feeling?” I hold my hand on my chest suddenly a man appeared from the window and landed on the frame. I gasp in surprise as I fall back on the floor looking up at him. “W..Who are you?!” He’s dressed in full black and has a mask on his face but his eyes are fixed on mine like he’s been looking for it for a long time now.

“Whoa, you’re still as fast as ever Ae Ryu.” Another man appeared and entered my room. When he looks at me, I felt my body freeze in an instant and I can’t move an inch. “This is fascinating. I’ve never seem this in my whole life. Now look at her.” He takes steps closer and sits in front of me taking my chin on his hand. “Well hello princess.”

My voice can’t seem to come out. Somebody help me! The masked guy grab him by his hand. “You said you wouldn’t hurt her.”

The other man releases a laugh. “I won’t. You know I don’t go back from my promise. I’ll just do it real quick.” He turns back to me and searches for something. His eyes dropped on my necklace that Uncle gave me on my birthday. I gasp. 

“N..No..” my voice came out!

“Hm? As expected. You’re stronger than I thought considering that you can still talk at that state. Well princess, this will just be real quick okay?” He takes the necklace from my neck and suddenly I felt something pulsate inside my body.

“Ugh!” I can feel my blood getting hot as it flows fast inside my body. “W..What did you do to me?” I struggle to reach him but my body is aching all over, my throat is getting dry and I am chasing for my breath. “Help...me.. Uncle.. anyone..”

I continue to struggle when I hear the door slammed open. “Ae Soo!” Uncle Kang Joon runs to my direction and helps me sit up. “Jonghyun! What have you done?!” He knows these people? “I..Is that you? Ae Ryu?”

The man names Jonghyun chuckled. “Don’t worry. I just awakened her like how it should be. I’ll be back for the princess. You know why Kang Joon.”

“Wait!” Uncle calls over them but they didn’t return. My body is starting to go back to normal until I’ve seen myself in front of the mirror.

“W..What-“ 

“What happened?!” I hear footsteps approach my room but I’m preoccupied with what I’m seeing in the mirror right now. My hair has gotten longer and my eyes were blue as the clear water and.. I have tails..eight of them. “Whoa, Ae Soo?”

I turn to Uncle surprised but he doesn’t look any different like he knows this appearance of mine. “Uncle.. why am I.. W..What is this?! What did he do to me?!”

He sighs wrapping his arms around me as I shake in fear. “I’m sorry. I should’ve told you sooner. That is your true form Ae Soo. Every full moon, you’ll turn into a Gumiho now that your powers were unsealed. You are a fox demon to begin with. Now your one hundred days have started.”