Chapter 24

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   2 4


A  e    S  o  o

I stare at nowhere. I can’t look at Luhan right now. I’m just too embarrassed... and my cheeks are burning right now. I bite my lower lip as I try to calm myself. I can feel him staring at me though, like he’s boring a hold through my face. Then I hear footsteps getting close to us and I see Yifan and the others approaching.

“Princess! Are you alright?!” Tao asked me as he checks me for injuries. Yixing steps in and helps me sit on the bench nearby. 

“Hm.. aside from your foot, I don’t see any major injuries.” He stands and looks at me. “Let’s get to the clinic. I’ll check on you. I think you might’ve inhaled some smoke in there. Luhan hyung, can you help her? I’ll check the site for a while then go to her.”

“Oh um-“ I was about to say that I can go on my own but Luhan cuts me off. 

“Yifan can do it. I’ll have to check the site too. We have to extinguish the fire so I’ll go with you.” He looks at Yifan. “I’m counting on you.”

“Okay?” He answers Luhan and a bit confused. I guess he can tell that this is a first that Luhan entrusted me to someone because now that I’ve thought about it, he never does. Yifan turns to me. “Shall we?”

“M..Mm.” Considering that I injured my foot, he offered to carry me on his back. When we get to the clinic, Li Shao was there waiting. 

“Ae Soo!” She runs to me in worry and looks for injuries. “Are you okay? Oh, I should’ve have not left you in there! I’m so sorry!”

I smile at her and shake my head. “I’m good and I’m the one who told you that you should go on ahead so it’s not your fault okay? Besides, this will heal quicly anyway.”

“But...” I smile at her more and gave her a hug so she can rest assured that I don’t have ill feelings towards her. I stay seated and they both remained with me until Yixing and Luhan came back.

“Now let’s check on your foot.”

“Are there people who are hurt in that building? How is everyone?” Yixing looks up at me holding my right leg and chuckled. 

“You’re seriously worrying about others when you hurt your foot? You’re really his kid.” He smiles and tends to my foot. He places bandage around it and sighs. “No one’s hurt but you. Fortunately, there’s no one in that building because they are all on break.”

I sigh in relief and lean on the bed. “Oh, that’s great!” I smile but when I look up, Luhan is looking at me as he sits on the bed across me with his arms folded on his chest. I choke on my breath and tried to redirect my attention to Yixing as he wraps my foot. 

“There. You’re good. Try not to strain it too much.” He said and turns to Luhan. “Don’t let her run or walk too much for a while Hyung. That will make her foot heal better.”

“W..Why are you telling him that?” I ask.

“Why you ask? He’s your attendee right? He was personally asked by the King to look after you.”

“Wha-“ I glance at Luhan and flush. Oh god. Whenever I look at him, I remember what happened. 

“That all?” Luhan stands and I can see him walking towards me.

“Yeah.” Yixing closes his first aid box and returns to his desk.

“Let’s go Princess.” 

“Huh?” Did he just call me Princess? “Oh, um.. okay.” I try to stand up but my foot is extremely bothering me right now with the cast on it. I feel an arm under my leg then the next second I’m being carried. “Whoa!”

“This will be faster.”

“W..Wai-“ I notice a pair of eyes looking at us. When I turn, Li Shao’s looking at us. When she noticed that I’m staring back, she gives me a painful smile and nods. My heart stings at the sight. “L..Luhan, put me down.”

Luhan stops and looks at me. “I’m taking you to your room.”

I turn to Tao and grabbed his hand. “He said he’ll take me instead!”

“I did?” I’m sorry Tao but I need you to get me out of this right now! I glare at him and he seem to get what I mean. “Oh, yeah! I guess I did! Let’s go Princess!” I hold on to Tao as we make our way out of the room. When we’re at my room, I sigh in relief and sank on the floor dazed. “Whoa! Princess?!”

“Ugh.. I hate this..” Hugging my knees I sigh again not knowing how to fix this mess I got into.

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“Come again? You want to what?” 

I learned that Yifan was the one who’s in charge of the cooking in this place so I asked if I can help. I miss helping in the kitchen and I need something to distract me. There a lot of things going on in my head right now. When I sleep, I have nightmares and when I’m awake, I just have Sehun to think about, but now there’s Luhan too. The thought is driving me crazy and I can’t have that now. I just finished my lesson with Tao earlier so I can’t think of anything to occupy myself with now.

“Let me help you. If I stay in my room I-“ when I saw the figure coming in the kitchen as he walks to the fridge, I can feel my cheeks burning again. I look down and grip on my skirt. 

“You what?” Yifan looks at me with his eyebrow raised and arms crossed on his chest. Ugh! He’s being so stubborn right now! Why can’t he just let me do as I ask?! I groan and grab his shirt as I look at him. I hate that he’s also looking down at me just because I’m smaller than him!

“Ugh! Look! I just need something to do and I’m not used to sitting and staying in my room all day! I want to work and do something and I like cooking! So can’t you just let me help you with it?!” 

“Uh..” Yifan looks at me wide-eyed with his both of his hands raised. “Alright but please let go of me first?”

I flush in embarrassment when I see the situation we’re in. It’s like I’m harassing him. I clear my throat and let go of his collar then take a step back. “Thanks.”

I hear a chuckle behind me and saw Luhan laughing as he leaned at the fridge with a bottle of water on hand. “That’s a first. Seeing you get cornered by a girl.”

Yifan flushed and puts his apron on. “She’s tyrant and she has authority on me.” He grabs another apron and tossed it to me. I managed to catch it and place it on with a smile on my face. I’m going to be cooking again! 

“So? What do I help you with?”

“Grab a knife and a chopping board. Cut the vegetables over there. We’re cooking chinese.”

“Yes chef!” I reply. He looks at me surprised and shakes his head.

“You’re awfully cheery today.”

“I love cooking and I missed it that’s why.” I smile and get myself a knife and look for the chopping board. I don’t see one. I check the cabinets one by one and found one on the top shelf. I tiptoed to take it but I’m an inch short from reaching it. “Damn it-“ just when I was about to get it, a hand reach it for me and grab it. When I turn it’s Luhan looking down at me. 

“Is this what you need?”

Is this what you need? 

My eyes widen at the familiar words and I remember Sehun again. I hear the words again but I see Sehun on Luhan’s face. “Ae Soo?”

I gasp and took the chopping board from him and get back to where Yifan is. “Thanks.”



L u h a n

After dinner, I sit at the front porch and stare at the night sky. It’s damn dark and it’s cold. I just hope that it won’t be tomorrow or it’ll be really annoying to go back there at this weather.

“Hey.” I turn back seeing Yifan approaching with a can of beer at hand. He tosses it to me and I catch it.

“You know that you’re not supposed to throw this. I can’t open it or it’ll burst right into my face.”

He leans his back on the pillar and stare opposite of me. “That’s why I tossed it. For you to snap out of it.”

I turn to him. “Snap out of what exactly?”

He sips on his drink and gives me an are-you-really-asking-me-that look. He shrugs and continued drinking. “Beats me. You both are weird. Especially the Princess. She gets all twitchy whenever you’re around. You didn’t do something to her, did you?”

He’s quick as always. He should’ve took the place of being the temporary head and not me. I sigh and contemplate whether to tell him or not but considering how sharp he is, he’ll caught in sooner or later. I sigh giving in. “K..Kissed... I kissed her.”

I hear him choke on his drink. He aggressively puts in down beside me and grabs my arm. “YOU WHAT?!”

“I...lost it okay?! She just look so beautiful and I’m relieved that she’s okay and.. ugh! I’m not going to apologize for how I feel!”

“She’s damn taken for crying out loud!”

“Yeah! By a guy who doesn’t even know she’s even alive!” His eyes widen and I realized I just got overboard. I my lower lip and looked away. 

“Are you hearing yourself? Those two are going through so much. They are both depressed by their situation and this is not the time for you to be falling in love with her!” 

“I KNOW THAT!” I shouted. I grip on the can that I’m holding out of frustration. “I’m so frustrated that I fell in love with her. I’m so frustrated that I can sympathize with her. And I’m sooooo frustrated that I know that no matter how much I wanted her to be mine, I know that won’t happen because she loves that guy so much!” I look at Yifan with so much hate with myself. “Now tell me, can’t I just at least have this one-sided? Just for a little while? Just until I can get over her?”

He sighs and sat behind me then leans on my back. “Do as you like you hard-headed mind reader.”

I chuckle and open the drink that he gave me. I’m glad I waited. Because I snapped out of my thoughts without even making the beer slap the hell out of me.


A  e    S  o  o

The next morning that I wake up, I head to the kitchen to help Yifan with the breakfast. Turns out, today’s menu will be Egg Benedict! I’m sooo excited because I haven’t done that before and I wonder how it will turn out. 

“Can you clean that pan for me? It just have to be that pan.” He points at the sink and I chuckle.

“Alright. But did you cook something already?”

He grabs some milk and the other ingredients from the fridge then goes back to his spot. “Yeah, I made a lunch box for Luhan.”

“Luhan? Did he go somewhere?”

“Oh, he didn’t tell you.”

“Tell me what?” I rinse the pan and wipe it then hand it to Yifan. 

“It’s his parent’s death anniversary today. He’ll be taking a leave today. Li Shao went with him.” 

My eyes widen at shock. He didn’t just say parent but parents. Both of Luhan’s are gone. I gasp and my hand reaches my mouth in shock. “I didn’t know..” I didn’t know because I’ve been avoiding Luhan all day yesterday because of my stupid heart. I feel a hand on my head. Yifan smiles. 

“It’s not your fault for not knowing. He’ll come back tonight anyway. Let’s get to breakfast.”

I nod and we started making breakfast. But I’m still preoccupied about Luhan. I hope he’s okay. 

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Yixing finished his lesson with me today. I’m learning how to hide my scent using my powers and I think it will really come in handy. I just need to get a hang of it though. 

“Can you still catch my scent?” I ask Tao and Yixing hoping for a positive feedback but they nodded. I sigh and slump back down at the floor. “Darn it.”

Tao grins and holds both of my hands. “Don’t worry Princess! You’re just starting! You’ll get a hang of it in no time!”

I smile and nod at him. “I guess you’re right.”

Yifan enters the training grounds with a tray in his hand. “Butter cookies and orange juice. Help yourselves.”

I grin and grab my share as I started eating. “Thank you!”

“You’re like a Mom giving snacks to her kids who just finished their playdate.” Yixing says.

“Not asking.” Yifan retorts.

“Yum!” Tao adds and we continue eating. Yifan’s phone gives him a notification that he just received a message and we all turn to him. “Did Luhan Hyung arrived already?”

“Yeah, they’re there.” He hides his phone back and noticed that I’m looking at him with curiosity written all over my face. “What?”

“Nothing..” I reply.

“Even though I don’t have the ability to read minds, I can tell that you’re curious about Luhan hyung’s past.” Yixing said and drinks on his juice.

I gasp flushing. “A..Am not!”

Yixing bites on his cookie and raises his hand. “Who agrees with me?” Tao and Yifan raises their hands.

“Hey!” I glare at them. 

“We can tell you since you’re the Princess but I guess you won’t care?” 

“I do!”

“See?” Yixing points at me. “You are curious.” I bit my lip and sit back down. Yixing turns to Yifan and gestured for him to start. Yifan scoffs and points at himself.

“You’re the one who started it! Why should I be the one to tell it?!”

“You’re both closer. Go on ahead. The Princess is the epitome of curiosity right now.”

Yifan sighs and crosses his arms on his chest but tell me the story anyway. “Well, he’s an only child. His family is known for being good at controlling minds and reading them. They are sometimes targeted for it. I grew up with him and saw the whole thing. They’re been haunted by a lot of people with bad intentions. They need his family’s ability. But then, one day, Luhan and I just went home from school. We saw a man standing in front of his parents asking them how he wants his help but this man’s intention is not good so of course his parent’s decline. But then, the man suddenly started attacking them. We tried to defend them but he knows that Luhan is powerful because not only can he read and control minds but he can use his mind to be able to move things. So that man tried to control Luhan and... used him to kill his own parents.”

I gasp with my eyes wide open. So practically, it looked like Luhan killed his parents. His own family. “Hyung was depressed when the King took him in here. He look so empty and he didn’t even talk for about a month. The King was the only one who made him go back and grab on to hope again. It’s why Luhan Hyung looked up to him so much because he was like his Father.” Tao says.

“He can see himself in you that’s why he remained at your side back when your Uncle just died. Because he knows how it hurts to lose a person that you care for so much.” 

Tears started flowing in my eyes as I cry. I didn’t know Luhan went through that and I know how hard it is. Maybe even harder than me because he killed his parents and I don’t know how he got through it. I cover my mouth with my hands as I stifle my cry then I feel hands on my back. It’s the guys trying to comfort me. But I don’t think I’m the one who need comforting right now. It’s Luhan.


L u h a n

“Ugh, I’m beat.” I sigh in relief. Today’s just tiring and I have to run away from Li Shao. I just convinced her to go back home for today. I just need a little peace of mind tonight. I wonder if Ae Soo’s already sleeping? “Oh.” Just when I’m thinking of checking on her, she’s there at the staircase with her hands brushing her shoulders to keep her warm. 

“Ah, Luhan! Welcome back!” She smiles at me with a wave. I was hoping she’ll run away from me again just like what she’s been doing yesterday and ever since I kissed her but she’s not. Instead, she’s approaching me right now. “How’s your trip? Was it okay? Have you eaten?” I cover my mouth with my hand. I’m too happy right now. It’s like this situation is a wife checking on his husband just when he got back home. Damn it. I’m even being delusional right now. “What’s wrong?! Do you feel sick?! Do you need me to call Yixing? Wait here! I’ll go and-“

I grab her close to me just before she goes away and hug her from behind. I bury my face to her neck and inhale her scent. “You’re not improving. I can still get your scent Princess.”

“Oh.. um.. that’s...” I can feel her tense up with my touch. She’s aware of me. At least. 

“Did you practice while I’m away?”

“M..Mm. I did. Yixing helped me today.” She’s not pushing me away. She’s letting me touch her and I’m taking advantage of her. I close my eyes trying to feel every inch of her because I don’t get to have this everyday. She might run away from me tomorrow again. “Are you okay?”

Ah, I know why. Maybe they told her about me. I release her and she gives me a worried look. I laugh and sigh. “They told you?”

“I asked them so don’t be upset with them okay? If there’s someone you need to be upset with, it’s me.” I sigh again holding on to her hand and squeeze it. I hate it that she knows my ty past. She’s the last person I need to look at me in pity right now.

“How can I do that? If it’s you, I won’t be able to be upset.” Her eyes widen but then she looks away. She bit on her lower lip and her eyebrows furrowed.

 “Stop that.”

“Stop what?” She now looks at me but she’s at the verge of crying. 

“I don’t want to hurt you but you keep on being nice to me. I know you’re just nice because I’m the daughter of the man that you look up so much but you don’t need to do that anymore Luhan.”

I scoff and pulled her close to me. We’re just inches away from each other now. “I’m not being nice to you just because you’re his daughter. I thought I made myself clear already.” She gasps then slightly turned red as she purses her lips together. “I know our statuses are different but I’m not going to apologize for what I did because my feelings are valid. I like you Ae Soo-“

“STOP!!!!” She shouts and sits down with her ears covered then she starts crying hard.

“Ae Soo-“

“Stop... please. I know today’s too much for you and you’ve been through enough too. The last thing I want is for me to...” She’s shaking right now. I move close to her and hold her then she’s sobbing so hard. “Please Luhan.. I don’t want to hurt you..”

“I know that. But can’t you just let me like you Ae Soo?” She slowly raise her face and I gasp at her look. She’s so messed up but she’s still so beautiful.

“I can’t because.. you remind me of Sehun. I see him in you too much Luhan.”