Chapter 41

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   41


A  e    S  o  o

“Where shall we place these Lady Ae Soo?”

“There would be just fine. Thank you so much for helping!” I try to put on my best smile because today, Sehun will finally be the head of the Wolf clan. I’m so excited for him because he can finally stand proud of that title. I know how much he cares for his clan and being the head just fit perfectly for him. The only problem is, I can’t find him anywhere. By the time I woke up this morning, he’s already gone which is odd. Sehun’s not a morning person after all. Dialing his number on my phone, I tried to contact him again but his phone must be turned off? “Oh! Baekhyun oppa!”

“Hm? Oh Ae Soo! What’s up?”

“I’m sorry to stop you when you’re working.”

“It’s fine!” He puts the chair cushions that he’s carrying and faces me. “What’s wrong?”

“I just want to ask if you’ve seen Sehun? I haven’t seen him ever since this morning.”

“Oh, now that you mention it, same here. Chanyeol’s no where to be found too.” Chanyeol oppa’s gone too? I feel a pat on my head and saw Oppa grinning at me. “Don’t worry about it Ae Soo. Knowing them, those two should be together patrolling and all. They’ll be back before you know it!”

“Mm. I guess so.” Oppa’s right. Those two are close so they must be together right? Nothing will happen to Sehun because Chanyeol Oppa’s must be with him right?”


S e h u n

“Hm? What are you doing here?” We crossed paths with Ae Ryu who I think is back from his morning jog. “Aren’t you supposed to be doing your taking over today? I see you’ve got lots of time in your hands huh?”

I chuckle. “I’m here to see your Grandmother.”

“Granny? Why?” Just when we are about to enter the mansion, the door opens and came the person of my purpose of visit.

“Sehun dear! My eyes are still good when I saw you from the veranda. I have come as quick as I can!”

I smile and hugged her. “It’s nice to see you again Grandma. I’ve come with my friend too.”

“How do you do?” Chanyeol hyung bows and gives Grandma a smile.

“I’m well dears. Thank you for your visit. Come, come!” She motioned us inside then turns back to Ae Ryu. “Oh, Ae Ryu! I’ve prepared french toast for you today. Eat it well okay?”

“Sure. Thanks Granny.”

We follow Grandma inside and she welcomed us in the parlor. The maid served us tea but I don’t think I have time for that. I have to do my purpose here so that I can decide what to do next. “Have your tea. Oh and allow me to congratulate you honey.”

“Oh, thank you Grandma. The preparations are going well too. We’re heading there after our talk.”

“Oh, Ae Soo didn’t mention that there will be a party for your baby too?”

I think I’m not getting enough sleep this past nights because I’m hearing things. “Um elder, I’m sorry but did we hear that right? You just said party for the baby?” Chanyeol hyung stole the words out from my mouth. I remained focus in Grandma and the words that she’s going to say next because I’m clearly not aware of what’s happening here.

“Oh my.. I.. I’m so sorry Sehun. I think I might’ve said something I shouldn’t have.”

The next thing I know is I’m running. Running back to Ae Soo.

 


A  e    S  o  o

I stretched after I’m done with my break. “Alright, time to get back to work! Hm?” I heard my phone ring and it’s Granny. “Oh Granny, Have you decided to go after all-“

“Ae Soo dear! Granny is so sorry! I think I must’ve-“

“AE SOO!” I flinch hearing Sehun’s voice behind me. I turn and saw him huffing and in sweat.

“Granny, I’ll call you back okay?” I placed my phone back on my pocket and ran to Sehun who’s pale. “Sehun? What’s wrong? You’re pale and sweating. Did something happen?”

“Sehun!” Chanyeol oppa was behind him. Did they ran all the way here? I return my stare back to Sehun when he takes me by my shoulders and stared straight at me. His hold is quite strong that it made me gasp.

“Don’t you have something to tell me?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“YANG AE SOO!” I flinched again. Is Sehun mad? But why?

“Sehun? What’s wrong?”

“THOSE ARE MY WORDS AE SOO! TELL ME WHAT YOU SHOULD BE SAYING RIGHT NOW!!!”

I winced by his hold. “S..Sehun, you’re scaring me. What happened-“

“Calm down Sehun!” The others arrived and separated the both of us but Sehun struggled to hold me.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU’RE PREGNANT?!” The hall became silent with Sehun’s words and I started to hear nothing as he glares at me. “AE SOO!”

I’m shaking in fear because this is a first that he got mad at me. “I..I’m sorry Sehun.. I’m-“ I was about to hold his hand but he shrugged me off and ran pass me. I sink on the floor as I cry. Now I’ve done it... and I’m almost there.



S e h u n

I ran my hands through my face as I think but I don’t think I’m calming down any moment now. She’s pregnant and I haven’t anticipated this to happen this early. Why didn’t I? After that night I should’ve anticipated it! “DAMN IT!” I grabbed the bow in front of me and threw it. I groaned in frustration and smashed anything I can smash.

“If you continue that, there will be more for me to clean up so I hope you can just stop now.” I turn seeing Kyungsoo hyung watching me from behind. “You destroyed six bows and annihilated the entire case of the arrows. You should’ve just fired them at least. Best decision that you’ve made on your very own day of taking over as the clan head I see.” He points at the target and grabs the clutter under his feet.

“Hyung, I don’t think I can take over my father right now.” I gasp and wide-eyed when an arrow went flying. “HYUNG! It almost hit me!”

“What do you know, there’s are still some that can be used.” He completely ignored what I said just now!” He placed the bow back on the rack and faces me. “You made this mess, shouldn’t you clean it up?”

“I know that.”

“No you don’t. If you do, you shouldn’t be standing here breaking things right now.” I realized that Hyung isn’t taking about the broken arrows and bows around us right now. He’s talking about Ae Soo. “Sure you’re upset not knowing. But what about her being alone and scared ever since she knew?”

My eyes widen at the realization. Why am I always so quick in acting and not thinking?! I turn as I started heading to where Ae Soo might be but stopped half way to look at Kyungsoo hyung. “Hyung! Thanks for that! And I’ll clean that later!”


A  e    S  o  o

I try to distract myself with a lukewarm shower but the bump that’s growing on my stomach right now isn’t calming me down. My tears mixed with the water pouring down from the shower and I can’t even look at my tummy clearly as I hold it. “I’m sorry..” I gasp when I hear the bathroom door open with Sehun looking frantic. “Se..hun?” He slides the shower door open and stepped inside with me. “Wait, you’re going to be wet-“ I flinch when he holds my hand that’s holding my stomach and looks at it painfully.

“Why..didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t I notice? It’s growing this much.” His hand is warm against my stomach and the feeling made me cry even more.

“I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry...” he grabs me by my waist and holds me tight as I feel a kiss on my temple.

“I wish you told me right from the start..”

“I meant to tell you after the taking over ceremony... I don’t want you to worry.”

“And do you think it will change a thing even if you did?” He cups my cheeks and rested his head on mine. “Why didn’t I realize it sooner? Since that night I should’ve...” his knees slowly weaken and we both sank at the floor but I hold him still. “I’m sorry Ae Soo. I’m so sorry to make you go through this alone..”

He’s crying. This is the reason why I don’t want him to know yet. Because he’ll only blame himself for what happened. I cupped his cheeks this time to make him look at me. “We both wanted this right? We want this child?”

He pursed his lips which made me anxious on what he was about to say next. But instead he surprised me when he hugs me close pressing his lips on my head. “Yes... I want you both.. Alive.”



₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰

I told Sehun that we can talk more later and I will tell him everything after the ceremony have ended. I stand at the other side as I watch him walk at the aisle meeting his father at the other side. I smile feeling very happy for him. When he reaches his father, he knelt in front of him.

“I, Yoo Yoonseok, have been proud and glad that I have led such an amazing and great clan. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my soldiers, and you all.” He faces Chanyeol oppa and the others with a grateful smile. “We’ve been through a lot and I will forever grieve for the loss of my pack who offered their lives just to maintain peace and to protect our den. I would also like to thank you Yang Ae Soo, the princess of the fox clan, for making our clan stronger by marrying my one and only child, who will now take over me.” I smiled at ahjussi and bowed at him from the other end. “But before that, raise your head my son.” Sehun did as he was told and looked at his father. “Tell me, does having someone to protect makes one weak?”

Sehun smiled warmly and then stared at me. “No, I can say that having someone and something to protect makes one even stronger. When I met the person that I wanted to protect, it always feel like death is always trying to pull us apart. I may or may not be the cause of her death and my fate might bring her close to that. But I know that I will never let her get hurt. I won’t let her go on death’s door. I won’t let I won’t let my wife or my child to go near it.”

Whispers started to spread over the hall after Sehun announcing about out child. That was, I think, the sweetest he have said so far. He always break his own record when it comes to him expressing how he feels towards me. And now, hearing him talk about our child too makes me want to tear up. I was about to when I suddenly felt a pang on my head that made my vision blurry. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground facing the crescent moon as it looked down to me.

 


S e h u n

We rushed Ae Soo to our room and her aunt came to check on her. I know she has a lot of things to tell me and I was looking forward to it. I wanted to hear about our child. I want to know her state and a lot of things but I’m holding myself back because if I do, Ae Soo’s aunt might not be able to do what she needed to do. Yixing is standing next to her as he hands her all the things that she needed. When I think it’s good for me to talk, I did.

“So? How is she?”

Her Aunt looks a lot confused and surprised with my question. “She hasn’t said anything yet?”

“Was about to. After the ceremony’s over and now it is but I don’t think she can. So I’m begging you please tell me how is she and our child. I’ve held back long enough.” Ae Soo’s aunt gestured for everyone else to leave us alone to talk and when we are, she leads me to the couch as we sit face to face.

“Sehun, I know it’s hard for you right now which is why I think telling you this for now will be the best thing to do.” She glances at Ae Soo with a worried face. “To tell you the truth, the child’s taking much fox bead as I expected even with the necklace on her is on. She was given that to slow down the pace of having the child take the fox bead faster than normal.”

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to process what she have said right now. “Wait, taking in the fox bead? Isn’t that supposed to happen after she gives birth? Why’s that happening right now?”

She shakes her head. “I’m not really sure Sehun. This is a first that this happened. I’ve read a lot about the fox clan actually, and with what’s happening with Ae Soo? this is a first.”

“So? Is there anyway to stop that from happening? At this moment, I’m guessing she’ll-“

“Yes I know...” she glances at Ae Soo again, but this time, it’s a painful glance. “Ae Soo, would you want to tell him?”

I stand hearing her words and glanced back at the bed seeing Ae Soo crying. “I...” I ran to her side and pull her close to me as I hold the back of her head.

“Ae Soo, why...” I hold back the words that I wanted to say because it won’t help right now. “Please tell me. I want to help. I want to save you both.”

She grips my clothes as she cries harder. “No.. There must be another way...”

“What ‘way’?”

The door opens so we both look to see who it was and saw Ae Ryu. He must’ve went in a hurry after hearing all about Ae Soo. “You and the child need to die for her to live.”