Chapter 35

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   35


C h a n y e o l

As some may say, nothing lasts forever. I already proved that to myself a lot of times and now I'm seeing it again. But I think it's more painful if you're the one witnessing it compared to experiencing it yourself, because you can’t even do something about it. I've always watched Sehun ever since we're kids. I don't know what it is but there's something about him that makes me feel that I need to look after him and protect him. I know that he hates ginger immensely, and I also know that he loves and cares for Yang Ae Soo deeply. I've watched him get hurt because if her disappearance to the point that it even broke him.

"I'm sure she's okay." I say to him and pat his back but he hasn't said a word ever since we were notified that Ae Soo really is missing. I thought things are finally falling into place but I guess I assumed sooner.

"Her scent isn't somewhere in this place so I guess she must've left the Clan's vicinity." Ae Soo's father say.

I turn my look to Ae Ryu, whom I still can't get used to looking at without a mask. Something tells me he knows something but he can't say it out loud in this room because a lot of people will him. "If I may, I wish to talk to Ae Ryu privately." I say. He gives me a look but I guess he understands why I asked. They allowed us so we left the room. It hurts to see Sehun feeling like this so I have to do something. "You know something do you?"

Ae Ryu still refuses to look at me but he nods. "I'm not certain but, maybe my Uncle took her. He did this before. But knowing Ae Soo's ability to nullify magic, it may have not been that easy for him to abduct her. My Uncle's powers are in it's intensity when the opponent is vulnerable. He must've did something for Ae Soo to not be able to protect herself."

"And we can only prove your theory if we go there."

"Yeah, but we can't tell them yet. It may turn out to be a war between clans and I don't want that to happen unless there's no other choice."

"So that means, she may or may not be in danger." We both turn at a voice and see Sehun.

"Sehun-" he walked pass me and I can tell what he's thinking even though he's not talking. Ae Ryu grabbed his arm to stop him but Sehun fought so Ae Ryu tried to stop him again using his magic. He made Sehun float in the air. "Ae Ryu stop that!"

"You think you can talk some sense into him right now?" He exclaimed then turns to Sehun again. "I know you're worried about her but I need you to calm down. We all are trying to do something to save her and being rash isn't an option."

"Put me down." Sehun mumbled with a low voice. This is not good.

"I won't until you've calm down."

"I DON'T WANT TO BE HELD DOWN BY YOU OF ALL PEOPLE! YOU'RE A MURDERER!"

I can tell that Ae Ryu's shaken up with what Sehun said but he still didn't put him down. Instead, he threw Sehun by the wall locking him in there. "Ughmf!" Sehun choked on his breath after he was thrown to the wall.

"Sehun!" I ran to Ae Ryu then grab his arm but before I can even hold him, my body freezes. "Ae...Ryu.."

"Listen, I know you care about my sister and I do too. I've been expecting for this to happen so don't ruin my plan you insolent fool. If by any chance my sister was hurt because of you then I won't have second thoughts of killing you even if it means being hated by her. Do you understand?"

"Ugh!"

"Sehun!" He releases Sehun as he falls to the ground then I feel my body again. I ran to him and helped him to get up.

"This stays between the three of us. We'll go to the Goblin clan's territory in the evening." Before Ae Ryu walked away, he stops turning behind him. "Show yourself."

Luhan of the Dragon clan comes out from his hiding. This guy may be stronger than I thought. I didn't even managed to get his scent of being here. How strong is Ae Ryu anyway? If he's the twin of Ae Soo, then that must mean he has the fox bead too? Is that how it works?

"I'm going with you."

Ae Ryu releases a laugh. "My sister is loved by many huh?"

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰

We did proceed as planned but I’m having second thoughts if this will work because...

“I told you not to rush too much! You do know the reason why we came here at night right?”

“I am informed of that but every second counts. Ae Soo’s alone in there.”

“We all have the same goal which is why we’re here.”

“Oh, I thought you only came here to be at home.”

“I told you to stop provoking me wolf.”

“You make me do it murderer.”

“Now now, let’s all come down okay? If we clash here and now we might not be able to get to Ae Soo alive right?” I say stepping in between Sehun and Ae Ryu. I’m just glad that Ae Soo’s name made them calm down.

“We make quite a team do we?” Luhan said.

“I agree.” I sigh.

We all look up ahead seeing the territory of the Goblins. We stop half way and heard a rustling sound so we all put our guards up until Ae Ryu told us that it’s okay. We see Soo Jung coming out from the bushes and she frowned that her cover was blown. I swear, I can’t really tell how much power Ae Soo’s twin have but I’m guessing that it’s extraordinary. Are the fox children that strong? And does the fox bead do really hold that much power?

“Aw, you found me.”

“What are you doing Soo Jung?” I can hear annoyance in Ae Ryu’s voice.

“Do you realy expect me to just sit back and wait until you guys return? Nu-uh. Not happening. Now, where’s your sis?” He sighs and continued walking when Luhan suddenly raised his hand to stop us.

“A barrier.” He said.

“It’s risky to break it.” Soo Jung added.

“Yeah. Knowing Uncle, he’s planning something.”

“But we can’t just stay here and not do anything right?” I ask. Ae Ryu’s face remained straight and unwavering.

“That’s why we should break in.” He stretch out his hand touching the barrier and it broke like a glass as soon as a light escaped his hand.

“You knew how to break barriers?” Luhan asked.

“I saw someone do it once.” He replied then walked ahead of us.

I’ve once thought that Ae Ryu is a perfect epitome of mystery but I once doubted that because whenever he’s with Ae Soo, he becomes so transparent. Then again, I take it back. The more I get to know this person, the more mysterious he gets. When we already entered the Goblin clan’s vicinity, I immediately smelled the scent that I hate to smell. The scent of blood, and lots of it.


Inside a dark room contains the scent of blood. Ae Soo was placed in a tub like container and filled with water that is mixed with different magical herbs and flowers. Jonghyun approached Ae Soo and slashed his palm letting his blood drop at the fluid that’s slowly engulfing Ae Soo body and so is her consciousness.

“Now then,” he grinned turning to the woman standing behind him. Her eyes are empty and lacked soul but she is of beauty and elegance. “Noona, just a bit more and you’ll gain what you deserve since a long time ago. We just need two more things. The full moon and the fox bead.” He smiled hugging the woman in his arms and holding her like she’s the most fragile thing that he ever touched.

Back at the mansion, Ae Ryu and the others had split up to be able to for the search for Ae Soo to progress faster but the sun is almost setting. Ae Ryu stopped on his tracks realizing what his Uncle is plotting since he was beside him for a lot of years. Sehun noticed him so he stopped to quench his thirst for answers. “You know where she is do you?”

“The moon-“ he turned to Sehun. “Quickly, be a wolf!”

“Are you mocking me? Today’s a full moon and I hate today.”

“Damn it! We have to find Ae Soo quick. Uncle just needed the full moon to do whatever it is he wanted. Now tell me, does Ae Soo’s scent linger anywhere?!”

“Will I still be here if I can detect her scent?”

“This is bad. Let’s split up-“ before Ae Ryu can finish what he’s saying. He heard a voice in his head. An unfamiliar voice. It is the first time he have heard of it.

Ae Ryu...

“Wolf, are you mocking me now?”

Sehun gave him a look of confusion. “Are you picking a fight?”

Ae Ryu.. save your sister.. hurry..

Ae Ryu turned and started running as the voice repeated on his head. It started to get louder as he ran faster then the ended up in front of an empty wall. “A barrier.”

“Move.” Sehun pushed him back and started to break the barrier but it was too much for him. “It’s too strong for me to break.”

Ae Ryu stepped in front of him this time and placed his hand on the wall. The sound of a glass breaking afterwards and the wall opened. “Easy.”

The two entered the dark entrance and took the stairwell. The closer they get, the colder the temperature is. But then it happened. The full moon. The two transformed into their demon forms. “Damn it.” Sehun cursed under his breath with his wolf form.

“Good timing. Now serve your purpose. The moon has risen now run!” Ae Ryu got in Sehun and commanded him.

“SHUT UP! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THIS!” Despite Sehun’s rejection, he still ran as fast as he could then they saw it. The unconscious Ae Soo, Jonghyun and the mysterious woman that is clothed with her face covered. “You.” Sehun growled in anger then turned to Ae Soo. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!”

“Oh my.” Jonghyun chuckled. “This is my first seeing you in this form Wolf heir. I like your fur. It’s all white and fluffy-“ he was cut off when Sehun barked and roared at him in rage. Ae Ryu finally got off his back and started to approach his Uncle.

“Who is that woman and why are you trying to resurrect her?”

Jonghyun grinned then started laughing hysterically. “As expected of my precious nephew! You are really quick! Who may have thought that you really are a fox child?” Ae Ryu clenched his fist in fury. His Uncle is now staring at his true form, a Gumiho with only one tail. His eyes are blue and his hair has now turned from black to silver. “Now, I know that you’re quick. I ask you to give me what I want then I promise I will spare your twin’s life.”

“What does he need?” Sehun asked.

“The stone.” Ae Ryu replied. “It is inside me. The woman in the cave placed it inside me. It won’t work without Ae Soo.”

“You really think I did not know of that?” Jonghyun grins and suddenly, vines started to crawl from Ae Ryu and Sehun’s feet. No matter how they struggle it doesn’t come lose. “Now be a good boy and give it to your Uncle okay?”

“Ugh!!” Ae Ryu groaned in pain as Jonghyun takes the stone away from Ae Ryu. His hand goes straight to Ae Ryu’s chest as if it’s engulfing his arm bit by bit.

“Hm.” Jonghyun stopped when he felt electricity slowly eating his hand as if it’s protecting the stone inside Ae Ryu. “So it doesn’t really work without the Princess huh? Well then,” he pointed his arm towards where Ae Soo is lying then suddenly, Ae Soo rises from where she is from. “Little Princess, take the stone away for me.”

With Ae Soo’s consciousness taken away from her, she did as she was told. She reaches out for her twin’s chest and started boring her hand. “Ae Soo! Stop it! Snap out of it!!” Sehun yelled but his voice aren’t reaching Sehun.

“I really have no use of you young heir so I would appreciate if you can shut up.” Jonghyun’s eyes turned red then suddenly, the vines on his feet grew torns as they stab him bit by bit.

“AHHHHHHH!” Sehun cried in pain and his voice seemed to have reach Ae Soo’s sleeping heart which brought tears on her eyes. “Ae Soo...”

“I apologize princess, but time’s up.” Jonghyun reached out for Ae Soo then bored his hand inside her chest as he takes Ae Soo’s fox bead out of her body.

“AE SOO!!!” Ae Soo’s face remained blank but tears are flowing from her eyes.

Not wanting to take anymore of the situation, Ae Ryu pointed his hands to Jonghyun making him dodge. “I told you not to touch her.”

“Aw that’s too bad. I only got the half of it.” Before Ae Soo’s body hit the ground Ae Ryu managed to catch her. Sehun broke through the thorns that’s been holding him down and threw wind blades on Jonghyun which injured his body.

“Too bad young heir. I have no time to play. But I’ll see you next time.” Jonghyun takes the woman in his arms and left the place. Sehun was about to go after Jonghyun when he heard the voice he needed to hear the most.

“Se...h..un.” Ae Soo’s voice was faint and weak but she still managed to call him. Tears didn’t fade away from her eyes as she reach out for him. “Save..her.. please.. save our mom...”