Chapter 5

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   5


A  e     S  o  o 

Uncle said that I really look like Mom in my Gumiho form. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I wonder if Mom really looked like this? I sigh for the nth time. I have to relieve my feelings and get this out of my chest. "I know!" I stand peeking outside my room. It's already late so everybody must've been sleeping already. I sneak my way to the archery grounds. "Great, no one's here! It'll be weird if someone sees me at my state right now." I grab one arrow and bow from the rack and turn. “Oh?” There’s a wolf sitting at the archery grounds. What’s a wolf doing here at this hour? But it looks elegant though. With it’s white fur and blue eyes. The wolf looks at me and I gasp. “I look weird right now huh? I have tails just like you.” I chuckle.

“Found him!! Over here guys!”

“Hm?” Chanyeol appears running and grabs the wolf. 

“Sehun! Don’t go running off like that! You know they’re just messing with you.” I blink. Did I just hear that correctly? Chanyeol just called the wolf Sehun? “Oh? Ae Soo, you’re here too?”

“Yes-“ I was about to ask him about what he said just now but the appearance of the others cut me off.

“Geez! That’s unfair of you Sehun! You know you run fast in that form of yours!” Jongdae said as he chase his breath. “Ae Soo’s here too? Hello!”

“Uh, yeah..” they’re all calling the wolf Sehun. Is that really him?!

“Aren’t you going to take a shot? I’ll give you an advice. Practice on these people.” 

“Wha-!” I gasp pointing at the wolf. “It just talked?!”

“That’s mean of you Sehun! We just want to give you a bath you know?” Baekhyun said. “Oh and yes! He’s Sehun after all Ae Soo.”

“Every full moon he turns into his wolf form just like you.” Kyungsoo says. 

“Oh-“ I gasp. That’s right! I look weird right now! I hurry to the corner and hid from them. This is so embarrassing..

“What are you doing?” That’s Sehun’s voice. I can’t look up. I’m so embarrassed right now. They’ve all seen my form... and I have eight tails on top of that..

“J..Just go on your way.” I felt something on my hand. Sehun’s biting it off from my face. “Sehun-“ when he removed my hands from my face, he sits in front of me and stares. Whoa, is this wolf really him? He’s huge.

“If you’re embarrassed at your form, then look at me. This is more embarrassing stupid woman.” I reach out to touch his head and pat it. “Hey!”

“Hahaha! Now she’s treating him like a dog!” The others laughed.

“But I think yours is better though. You look really great compared to me.” I smile.

“Are you mocking me right now?”

“N..No! I’m serious-“ he sighs and turns his back from me.

“Get on.”

“What?!”

“Just get on before I bite your head off!”

“B..But-“ he glares back at me. “Alright..” I carefully ride his back and he suddenly started running.

“Hey wait! Sehun!! Where are you going?!” Chanyeol exclaimed but Sehun ignored him.

“Sehun?! Where are we going?!” I ask as I hold on to his fur. After a while, he stops and we end up at a river. I get off him and he starts walking towards it. He stares at the water and I look at him. “What are you doing?”

“Look.” He gestured for me to look at the water. I see both of our reflections, our demon reflections. “I felt the same way as you did when I first turned into this form. I hate it and nothing has changed even now. I look ridiculous. Also, the Hyung’s are treating me like a pet and it annoys me. But you,” he faces me. “You don’t look ridiculous. You look fine and the only thing weird about you is your tail. Gumiho’s should have nine tails but yours is only eight. But you don’t look ugly.” I flush at his words. Just when I thought I was looking all weird, his words made me feel better. I smile and hold his head. “H..Hey! Don’t treat me like a dog I say!”

“I’m not..” I burry my face on his fur and chuckle. “This is weird. I guess what’s weird about you is it’s like I’m talking to a talking wolf or rather a dog. But this is the only way I can hug you right?”

“What?”

“I guess we’re both not perfect. Everything has flaws huh? Even just a little bit. But thank you.. you made me feel better Sehun.”

“You don’t have flaws though.” 

“Hm? What was that?” I release him because I didn’t hear what he said clearly. 

“Nothing.” He stares at me with his clear blue eyes then my cheek. 

“W..Wha-!” 

“That’s for you treating me like a dog. Let’s go back.”

“Wait! Aren’t you going to let me ride your back again?!”

“Walk by yourself.”

₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ 

When I woke up the next day, I returned to normal self and Sehun did too. It turns out that it only happens during a full moon. After cooking the breakfast, we all headed to the dining hall to eat. Ever since I was here I have forgotten the life I used to live. Everything in this place is not modern and just simple. I even forgot that I have a phone to begin with. I forgot that I haven’t used it for a week already and it died. But it’s a good thing. That means I am enjoying what I’m doing right now. 

“Ae Soo!” Uncle approached me and hugs me from behind. “Are you alright?”

I smile nodding. “I’m fine now.” I know he’s worried that I might hate him for keeping things to me but I know that the things he do for me is because he has a reason for it and it’s the best for me so I trust him. 

“I’m not hated am I?” I chuckle because I guess right.

“No, you’re safe.”

“Thank goodness! I don’t know what I’ll do when I’ll be hated by my precious niece!” I smile even though I wanted to ask him a lot of questions right now. Like who were the two men who barged in my room last night? Why did they took Mom’s gift away from me? And who’s that Ae Ryu guy because he seemed to be a nice person. But I didn’t because I know that Uncle has a lot on his plate right now. He did chose to stay with me after all.

“Boss!” A soldier approached Yoonseok ahjussi. 

“What is it?”

“We have news from the men sent to the Fox den.”

“Fox den?” I look at Uncle and the expression on his eyes changed. He’s not surprised which means he knows about this.

“Report.”

The man nodded. “Master Seo’s suspicions of the Goblin clan trying to target the Fox Clan appears to be true. Our men have seen members of the Goblin clan going back and forth to the Fox Den-“

“W..Wait!” I cut off their conversation. They all turn to me except my Uncle. “They’re spying on us? Why? The Goblin clan has nothing against our family right? And we’ve done nothing wrong-“

“The Goblin clan has been known to be traitors Ae Soo. We’re expecting this to happen sooner or later when you’ve awaken as the Gumiho.” Uncle replied to me. I’ve never seen him look like this before. He’s always carefree and smiling when talking to me. But the Uncle Kang Joon talking to me right now is... “You may not notice it but ever since you’ve awoken and turned into your true form, you’ve become even more stronger. I’m sure everyone in this hall have noticed something different from you.”

“What? I don’t understand-“ I turn to the guys and they’re all looking at me. “Is that true?”

“Your scent has changed.” Sehun replied while eating. 

“My scent?”

Chanyeol nods. “Yeah, I guess the scent that we know of you is still your Mom’s as the leader puts it back when we first met you. But ever since you changed your form last night, your scent changed. But I’ve never noticed it just when it was pointed out right now.”

“I can feel a strong presence from you too.” Kyungsoo speaks. It’s rare for him to do but he’s speaking. “And it feels like that when your father was here. It’s also the same with the leader’s presence.”

“Now that you’ve point that out, it does feel that way Hyung.” Baekhyun added.

I hear ahjussi sigh. “I think we better tell her everything now Kang Joon. It’s time.”

“Agreed.”

“All of you, after you’ve finished eating come follow me to my room.” Ahjussi said.

But after that I wasn’t able to eat properly. Tell me everything? Why does it feel like there’s still a lot? I don’t have a good feeling about this. I’m also worried about Dad. Will he be alright? 

“Ae Soo.” I hear someone call me. 

“Sehun.”

“Are you alright?”

“I-“ everyone starts to look at me in worry but I can’t even manage to put on a smile right now. I’m scared to begin with because I don’t know what I may here the moment I step inside that room. I felt a hand on mine. Sehun holds my hand softly and walks beside me.

“It’ll be fine. We’re going to be with you.”

I smile. “Thank you.”

We all enter the room and see Ahjussi, Uncle Kang Joon, Ahjumma and Mr. Hojoon beside him. Mr. Hojoon was ahjussi’s right hand all these time and I think he reported what’s currently happening back at home. 

“You’re all here?” We all nod as we sit in front of them. “Kang Joon?”

Uncle nods. “I believe we mentioned earlier that the Goblin clan were caught spying at the Fox den. We still haven’t figure out what is their purpose but hopefully it will be nothing serious. But I am suspecting that the reason why they’re heading there is because of you Ae Soo.”

“M..Me?” I point at my self. Uncle nods.

“As you already now, you’ve changed ever since your powers were unsealed. The necklace I gave you on your birthday was supposed to seal your powers because it was your Mother’s wish. She wants you to be able to choose what sort of life path you want to take. Whether you wanted to live a human’s life or a Gumiho’s life. That’s why she gave you that necklace. But now that your powers were unsealed, it was unfortunate but you are now forced to take on your life as a Gumiho, and as you know their are a lot that goes along when you area Gumiho.”

“I don’t understand..”

Uncle smiles nodding. “I know and it’s a lot to take in but I want you to listen to what I am going to say next okay?” I nod. “Not only do the Goblin clan wants you but also other demon clans too.”

“Why do they want Ae Soo sir?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s because they wanted her to bear an heir to their clan.”

“W..What? Bear an heir?” 

“Yes. It is the primary responsibility of a Gumiho. To bear an heir. You may not know but ever since Sejong Hyung, your father, had you with my sister, the dragon clan became even more powerful. It’s because hyung married my sister and had you. Our clan didn’t disagree because the dragon clan were really powerful along with the Wolf clan. They are a member of the four main clans along with among the demon world after all. Marrying the Gumihos will bring power to the clan and also the chance to claim for the fox bead. Up until now the bearers of the fox bead has prospered. Nobody has chosen to take claim of it from the current Gumiho just yet.”

“Wait.. take claim? What am I,  a prize or something?!”

“Having the Gumiho as a wife will gave you a lot of advantage as a clan leader. First, the clan will have a very strong heir having the Gumiho offer her fox bead to her child. That child will be incredibly strong. So to speak, my sister is a fruit of that. Second, the man who will take claim the Gumiho as a bride will be given a choice either to take the fox bead from the Gumiho and have an eternal life and power or will protect her for her to bear an heir for his clan. Either way, when a Gumiho meets her other half, she is destined to die.” I gasp. “But you see, Sejong hyung doesn’t know anything about all of these back then. Nobody in his clan have told him and either did your Mom Ae Soo. Because they truly have loved each other. When they had you, Hyung was very happy at first. He always wanted to have a family with my sister. But the moment he discovered that he has to choose between you and my sister, he chose to lose you Ae Soo. And that’s because he loved my sister so much but as you can see, my sister didn’t approve of that because she loved you a lot. The daughter she didn’t even see.”

I cover my mouth to stifle my sobs. Everything is so hard to bear right now but I want to hear everything. About mom.. about Dad.. and also about me. 

“Up to now, none of the previous Gumihos had the chance to see their child because of them giving up the fox bead to their child beforehand. That is the reason why you can see, men are  dominant back home than women even though an heir is supposed to be a girl. At birth, a Gumiho is most vulnerable which is why the fox bead needs to be passed on. That’s why all the demon clan were after you now Ae Soo. Your scent have become stronger which means you are capable of becoming someone’s bride.”

“I what?” I began to shake in fear. “So you’re saying that I’m like a piece of meat placed in the center waiting for demons to devour me?” Uncle and the other elders didn’t reply which means I just hit the spot.

“Ae Soo, we have come up with a plan to protect you but this plan is only temporary. We just wanted to protect you just as how your mother wanted. But we want you to decide what is best for you. With this, you can still choose on what life path you wanted to take until we get somethig to replace the necklace of yours to seal your powers if ever you wish to live a human’s life.” Ahjumma said giving me her smile. 

“But that means, I choose that path, the line of the Gumiho clan will end on me.” They all stayed silent. “I understand. I’ll give it a thought.”

“With this, we need Sehun and everyone’s help. So are you all willing to do it?”

“Of course Ma’am! Ae Soo have grown to be important to us you know? She's like our little sister along with Sehun! Right guys?” Junmyeon said.

“Yep!” They all replied in unison.

“Everyone..” I turn to everyone is surprise.

“Sehun?” Ahjumma looked at him.

“Why am I being pointed out of the group all of a sudden?” He replied. 

“Because you will play a big part in here. You are the heir.” Ahjussi said.

“And what’s that got to do with the plan?”

“Because you will take Ae Soo as your temporary bride Sehun.”

“Ha?!” “What?!” We both exclaimed in surprise. We turn facing each other in confusion. Did I just hear them say that they want me to be Sehun's bride?!