Chapter 11

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   11


A  e    S  o  o

"I'm back." I sat on the front doorstep and take my shoes off changing into my slippers. 

"Oh! Welcome back!" Uncle shouts from the kitchen. It's been weeks since we left the Wolf clan's mansion and now we're back in Seoul staying at a condominium near my university. "Take a shower first then we'll eat okay?" 

"Alright." I head back to my room and take my bag off then grab some change of clothes in my closet. After I’m done, I walk back to the dining area as we start eating. Uncle slides a sheet of paper to my direction so I take it. “What is this?”

“It’s noona’s number. She said she’ll be going to Seoul two weeks from now because of her business. She’s a chef and owns a restaurant here. I think she visits it once in a while. She wants to see you Ae Soo.”

I take the paper. “Wait, did you just say she’s a chef?!”

“Yeah, you don’t know?”

“No! Why didn’t anyone tell me?! So that’s why she loves to cook!”

“Oh, I thought Sehun told you though-“ I freeze at Sehun’s name. Uncle seemed to have noticed it because he stops talking. He clears his throat and drinks on his beer. “At any rate, just call noona if you ever find the time okay? She really misses you.”

“Mm. I will.” I reply and both of us ate silently. 

After doing the dishes, I head back to my room to do tomorrow’s report. I take all the reference book that I need and started doing it when I hear my phone ring. “Oh, Jisoo?” Jisoo’s my friend at the university and we’re both studying nutrition.

“Ae Soo! Do you happen to have the video of earlier’s activity?! I accidentally deleted mine!”

I chuckle at her voice. She’s panicking. “Video? Yeah, I have it.”

“Would it be okay if I see it? I can’t do my part for the report without it!”

“Alright, I’ll send it through email.”

“Really?! Thank you! You’re a life saver!”

I smile. “Mm. You’re welcome.” I hang up and opened my laptop. “Let’s see, oh here it is.” I take my phone cable from my drawer and synced my phone to my computer. “Hm.. now where’s the lab video’s from earlier?” I press on the next button as I scan the videos when I came across a video. It’s the video of Sehun. “Oh, this is the video that I accidentally took.” 

I play it and stare at Sehun’s face. It’s like he’s here again. 

“Stop that Ae Soo!” Sehun laughs as he covers his face with his hand. I smile as I watch the video. We're really having fun here huh? He looks handsome with the sunset as his background.

“Come now? Just one smile okay? Look here! Consider it as a gift for me. I want to remember this day and I want a picture if you. Alright now, smile okay? 1, 2, 3- oh hold on! It’s on video! Haha! Silly me!” I laugh. I didn’t even realize that it’s a video that I’m taking. I’m too engrossed at snapping a memory of him. I continue to watch as his smile slowly fades then he’s not looking at the camera. He’s...looking at me. 

“I love you.” Oh? Was this captured too? I remember that I froze when I hear his words. I must’ve forgotten to stop the video. “I love you Ae Soo. I know that maybe.. you’re thinking that I’m weird today. I also know that you have somebody else that you like. But when you asked me to go out with you, I was really happy and I even considered this as a date. When I hear those two girls earlier say that we look like a couple, I was really happy. When I held your hand most of the time today, I think I’m going crazy. Ae Soo, I want you as my true bride now and not as an act.”

There was silence on the video but I can still see Sehun. He’s looking at me so seriously. I didn’t notice that he’s looking at me that way when he confessed to me. My fingers reach through the screen and I caress his face. 

“Ae Soo, how do you feel about me? Do you like me too?"

“I-"

"Sehun! Ae Soo! Here you both are! I've been looking for you two! How dare you go off without us?” That’s Jongin. The camera suddenly lose focus and all I can see it the sea.

"Hey! Jongin! I told you to stop distracting them!” That’s Baekhyun’s voice. The video reaches it’s end and now tears started flowing from my eyes. Damn it. I thought I’m finally okay but turns out I am not. I’m going crazy. I still miss him. 

“Sehun...” I utter his name in repeat and clutch on my chest as I cry. 

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“I think this is the place?” I stare at the address on my phone that Ahjumma sent me and then to the restaurant in front of me. It’s the same but I didn’t expect it to be a fine dining restaurant. I make my way in and a waiter greets me.

“Good afternoon! Do you have any reservations for today?”

“Oh um.. I was going to meet Mrs. Yoo?”

“Oh! Are you perhaps Ms. Yang?”

“Yes, um, is she-“

“Follow me please!” I was escorted in a separate room. “Just one moment.”

“Thank you.” The waiter takes his leave. I am left with silence inside the room. This is awkward. I buy time scanning the room and it just gives me the feeling of elegance all over. The door finally opens and Ahjumma comes in. I stand and gasp seeing her. “Ahjumma!”

“Ae Soo.” She smiles spreading her arms open. I run to her and hug her tight. I miss her so much. “Oh my Ae Soo. I really missed you a lot.” She caresses my hair as she talks. She releases me and stares at my face then down to my body. “You’ve gotten thin dear.”

I let out a laugh. “I’m back to studying so...” she smiles then we both take our sits. “I was surprised. I never expected that you own a place like this.”

She chuckles. “I know right? Yeonseok said so too.” She reaches for my hand and holds it tight. “Are you doing well?”

I force a smile and nod. I want to say I’m not. That I miss her son so much but I don’t want her to worry about me. “Yes. I’m doing great.”

“I see.” She leans back to her seat and chuckles. “You’re both great at acting don’t you?”

“What?”

“Sehun’s not doing well too. He misses you badly Ae Soo. Out of all the guys, he’s the one who misses you the most. You left because of him didn’t you?” I flinch and look down. “It’s alright Ae Soo. You don’t have to force yourself to be okay.”

The tears that I’ve been holding back with so much effort came out and I don’t think it will stop anytime soon. I ball my fingers to a fist as I cry. I hate how weak I am. “I tried to forget about him but I can’t.. I already love him...” I feel a hand grabbing me. Ahjumma hugs me and brushes her hand on my back as I sob. “But I’m afraid that if it came true.. Sehun might hurt himself for killing me.. I don’t want that..”

“You’re just like your mother aren’t you Ae Soo? You care for others so much that you forget about yourself. But,” she releases me and wipes my tears. “It’s not bad to be selfish sometimes.” She smiles. Her forehead meet mine and I close my eyes feeling the comfort. She releases me and waited for me to calm down. When I do, she smiles at me.

“Thank you..” she nods.

“Say Ae Soo? Sehun’s birthday is actually coming up and I would like you to come. It’s this weekend.”

“T..The weekend?” She smiles. “But I-“

“I’m not forcing you okay? I just want to inform you. The rest is up to you.”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“It’s good that you barely passed huh Ae Soo?”

I release an uneasy laugh and nod. “Yeah. I was away for a while after all. It’s to be expected.”

“Well!” Minah hangs her shoulders to me and Jisoo’s. “Since the semester is over, why don’t we go on a trip?”

“I’m invited too?” I ask pointing at myself. I’ve never been invited on a trip before but I have gone on one. It just didn’t end well though..

“Of course you are!” Jisoo and Minah started to get excited for the trip. They asked me if there’s some place I want to go but I told them that I’m alright with anything. 

When I got home, I’m so excited about the trip. I ran to where Uncle is to ask him for permission. “Uncle!!” I search for him around the house and see him at the balcony doing laundry. “Here you are!”

He chuckles. “Welcome home. What’s the commotion?”

“You see, Minah and Jisoo invited me on a trip!”

“Oh they did? Where will you go?”

“Um, about that I told them that they can decide. But.. can I go?” I cross my fingers on my back. I just hope he can allow me. He releases a sigh then laughs. “Uncle?”

“Of course you can. You finally have friends now. Why wouldn’t I allow you to go?”

I gasp and squealed in excitement. “I can?! Oh thank you Uncle!” I hug him ad s he laughs.

“Enjoy it okay?” I nod and headed to my room to pack for our trip tomorrow. I’m so excited!

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Since Jisoo has a car, she offered that we can use it for our trip. Minah seated beside her as she plays the music for us.

“Want me to put down the windows?” Jisoo asked and we both nod. When she does, we both cheered as we feel the wind pass through our face.

“Wah! This is nice!” I say.

“Yeah! No tests and school for a while! Whoooo! These girls are going to make the most out of it!”

I chuckle. We’ve been on the road for a while now and Jisoo told us that we’re almost there. The GPS says that we’ll reach the beach in thirty-minutes. 

“Hm?” I stare at the sign. Is it just me or does that sign feel so familiar? Must be my imagination. 

After a while, we reach the beach. The three of us hurried and get changed to our swimsuits. “BEACH!!!!” 

Jisoo and I share a laugh as we watch Minah run to the water. I help Jisoo set up the umbrella and the mat. “I’m hungry. Want to eat?” I nod. We take out the kimbap and the other snacks that we bought from the stop earlier. “Hey Minah! We’re going to eat! Are you?”

“I’ll do it later! The water is calling for me! They missed their queen for quite a while!”

“Yeah yeah. Might as well bring your minions back with you!” I chuckle and grab one slice of kimbap. “Ah this is almost nice.” 

“Is there something else you want?” I ask.

“Ae Soo.” She sits straight facing me. “We need guys. What for did we buy these swimsuits if we don’t have guys with us!”

“I bought mine to swim not for guys.”

“Oho!” She glares at me. “Could it be?”

She leans close and grinned. I leaned back and look at her strangely. “What?”

“There’s only one reason why you’re not interested with guys. You already have one don’t you?” I flush and shake my head. She laughs. “Ah Ae Soo. You’re easy to read!”

“I’m not!” My cheeks are flaring with the thought of Sehun. I hold it with my hands. Damn Jisoo! I hate you! Just when I’m being fine with things already..

“Oh really?” She gives me a grin. “Hey! Little mermaid! Come back here for a sec!” Jisoo calls for Minah. 

“Me?!” Minah asks for a while and returns to us. I hand her a towel and she sits next to me. “Ooh! Kimbap! What’s up grumpy squid?” Minah asks. Jisoo rolls her eyes. 

“I think Ae Soo has a guy.”

“I told you no!” 

“Ooh! Tell us about it!” Minah ignored my answer. It took us quite a while with the back and forth but finally, I gave up. I told them about Sehun and the reason why I was away for a while. Of course, leaving the fact that I’m a Gumiho. I don’t want them to freak out. “Oh my gosh?! Why did you not tell us sooner?!”

“I um..” I can’t tell them that I didn’t know that they consider me as a part of their circle up until now. 

“So? Show me a pic!” Jisoo demands.

“A..A pic-“ before I can even hide my phone, they snatched it away from me already. I sigh as I watch them scroll through my phone. 

“Oh-my-god. He’s hot!” Minah squealed. I grab my phone back and hid it away. Thank goodness they didn’t see the video.. “But why did you reject him when you like him back?”

I look down. All the feelings that I thought I got rid off already came back again. “If I do, something bad might happen to me because of him and I don’t want him to blame himself because of it. I think we're just not meant to be that's all.”

“Hm... isn’t that for him to decide though?” Minah and I turn to Jisoo. 

“What do you mean?”

“Well, if he really likes you, of course he’ll blame himself. Isn't that normal? He cares for you! But he didn’t know that it’s the reason why you left all of a sudden right? You told us that you left without him knowing.” I nod. “Whether it will happen because of him or not, it’s his choice whether to remain with you or not. You left without him being informed Ae Soo. And besides, you haven’t replied properly to his confession. You gave him a weird thought that you liked somebody else too! Don’t you think he deserved an answer at least? He tried his very best to tell you how he feels after all.”

I chewed on cheeks. She has a point. I was distracted that’s why I haven’t gave him a proper answer yet and I left him hanging. Maybe I should at least pretend that I don’t like him just to properly end it? I sigh and played with my fingers. “I don’t know..”

“Ugh! You mean squid witch! You made her sad! Why do you have to put it that way?!” Minah hugs me. 

Jisoo sighs and sips on her drink. “Whether or not you’ll talk to him again, it’s your choice Ae Soo. I just have to let you hear my opinion.”

I smile and nod. “Mm. I appreciate it. Thanks Jisoo, Minah!”

They both smiled at me. After we eat our lunch, we all head to take a swim but I think my head is still flooded with thoughts of whether I’ll talk to Sehun or not.

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“Say what? Can you repeat what you said?!” Jisoo gasps as we talk to the receptionist.

“I’m so sorry Ms. Kang! Our employee overlooked your reservation and we’re fully booked for the night. Your room will be available only for today..”

“Wha-“ she inhales and Minah started calming her down.

“Hm?” I scan the inn. Why do I have a feeling I’ve seen this before- “OH GOD.” I gasp. Why do I have to realize this just now?! We’re near the Wolves’ mansion! That’s why I thought that the sign earlier was familiar! I flinch when I hear my phone ring. It’s ahjumma. “H..Hello?”

“Ae Soo, I am just asking but, are you perhaps in a hotel near our mansion right now?”

I gasp. “H..How did you know?!”

I hear her laugh. “I can see you from the car. Turn around darling.” I turn seeing a car pulled over. 

“Oh my gosh! Ahjumma!” I gasp and run to her. “Hello!”

“Hello dear! Are you on a trip?”

“Oh um..” I turn to Minah and Jisoo who followed me. I feel guilty. She invited me to Sehun’s birthday but I went on a trip instead. “I’m sorry..”

She smiles. “It’s alright Ae Soo. Sehun’s birthday is still tomorrow. Isn’t that why you’re here?”

I gasp shaking me head. “No! I swear that’s not-“

“Wait ahjumma!” Jisoo pops her head on the window.

“Did you just say Sehun?!” Minah added.

“Um, yes dears. Sehun’s my son.”

“Oh my god! Ae Soo you already met your mother in law?!”

“Wha- NO! SHE’S NOT-“ Minah grins then turns to Ahjumma. I don’t have a good feeling about it though. 

“Say Ahjumma? Is perhaps Sehun living with you?”

“Yes he is. Why?” Minah and Jisoo exchanged looks. 

“Ahjumma, you see, the hotel overlooked our booking.” Jisoo looks at Ahjumma with the pitiful face she can pull. Oh god. Please don’t tell me that this is going where I don’t want it to go.. 

“And we don’t have any place to go so we cancelled our booking.” Minah added.

"Wait what?! Since when is our booking cancelled?!"

"Just now." They retorted.

“So can we stay over at your place while we’re here on vacation?” They said in unison. There it goes. The finishing blow.

Ahjumma gasps and nodded. “Of course you can! I always wanted girls in there since there are always guys in our place!” She opens her car door. “Come on in!”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

I stare at the gate. The moment I go in, he’ll see me again. I’m not ready for this.

“Here we are.”

Minah and Jisoo gasps. “This is your place? It’s like a compound in here!”

Ahjumma smiles. “Well, my husband is a commander and he trains troops that’s why it’s this big.”

Every footsteps I take seemed so heavy. I don’t think I can go on anymore. “Um, ahjumma, on second thought I shouldn’t-“

“Shouldn’t what?” I freeze seeing a familiar figure in front of me.

“S..Sehun..”