Chapter 29

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   2 9


A  e    R y u

I sigh. I’ve been in this tent for almost a day and it’s killing me. I sat up and sighed again for the nth time. “I’ll kill time.”

When I got off the bed, I noticed that Hyunjoong isn’t here. Maybe he’s gotten bored from guarding a useless person. Still, that guy’s body is too small but I guess he’s got the skill for him to be able to be accepted to the Ox’s clan’s army huh? I make a left and reach the pond when I saw a figure standing in front of me. I freeze seeing her face. It’s the face that I am least expecting to see in here. 

“Ae...Soo?” Her eyes widen and gasps. She sits down covering herself and I don’t know what it is that I am shocked of exactly. Am I shocked at her existence or the fact that I just saw her ? “What are you-“ My eyes widen when I suddenly hear murmurs approaching. I gasp looking at Ae Soo and it seems like she noticed too. She looks at me still covering herself with the towel she had in hand and then to where the voices are coming from. “Damn it!” I my top and quickly take her hand pulling her in the lake with me.

“W..Wait! What are you-“ I stand in front of her and hold her from behind. “Let me go!”

“SHUT IT!” She gasps and flinches at my voice and did so. 

“Oh- Sir Ae Ryu! We didn’t know that you’re here.” The soldiers approach and from the looks of it, they’re going to take a dip in here.

“I’m taking a dip. I apologize but I want to do it alone. Is that alright? You can go back after an hour.”

“Yes! Certainly sir!” They saluted to me one last time and left. When they’re gone, I look at Ae Soo who’s in front of me and she’s looking so enraged right now and I think it’s because of me touching her. Who am I even kidding? Of course she’ll be mad. The man who just killed her Uncle is holding her close. She pushes me away and looks down.

“Why’d you do that?”

“Do what?” I walk back and grabbed my top that’s lying on the ground.

“You should’ve just told them that I’m not real.” I slid the shirt on me but I don’t bother buttoning it. It’s too troublesome.

 “Dress up then we’ll talk.” 

I head back to the tent before her and tried to forget what just happened but her body that I just touched still lingers from my hands now.


A  e    S  o  o

By the time I got back to the tent in my disguise, Ae Ryu’s anticipating for my return. He stares at me and I can’t help to shake. I look around and expecting for a guard to take me because some girl broke in to be a bodyguard but I’m surprised that we’re alone. I look back at him but he’s still eyeing me. “What are you doing? Why the hell are you here?”

“It’s none of your business.” I reply. He stands from his seat and started walking towards me. I keep my stare bold and steady until he’s in front of me. 

“It is my business. Because,” I gasp when he suddenly grabbed my arm and hold me against him. His hands trailed to my waist then stopped to the sword placed on it as I grip it. He leaned close and I can feel his breath on my ear. I can see his cold eyes despite of the mask that’s covering the half of his face. “I know you’re blood thirsty right now and I’ll let you kill me because of what I did. But not now. I have things to do and by the time I did that, I’ll let you kill me.”

I eye him hard confused of what the hell he’s saying because it doesn’t make sense at all. “Then why did you kill him?!”

“Just don’t ask. It’s better to be ignorant.”

“Ae Ryu!” 

“Leave this place. It is not safe for a girl to be here. I’ll take care of things so go.”

I shake my head. “I won’t take any orders from you and I know what I’m doing. I will never take orders from someone who took the person I cherish the most away from me!” Ae Ryu sighs and gives me a painful smile. I gasp when I realize I just hurt him. I was the one who told him that I’ll be his friend and it was all good.. not until that night. I bit my lip in frustration and ball my fist. “I hate you.”

“I know.” He said in a low voice. “And I wanted you to. I at least deserve that.”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

The whole time I was pretending to be Ae Ryu’s bodyguard, it’s like playing a game of tag. He keeps on running after me to be able to expose me but I’m trying my best not to be. He wanted me to leave this camp so much and I don’t know why. I know he’s my enemy but he’s acting like he’s protecting me from something. 

“Aren’t you leaving yet?” I put down his lunch for today and he sighs sitting at his dining table. He never leaves his tent to eat with the others and just wanted to be alone. It’s like his imprisoning himself inside. 

“I am not going to leave so quit it and let me do my job! Ugh, it would be better if I was just assigned in the front lines. I hate it here. You just stayed cooping yourself in here! I never even get the chance to go out!”

“That’s why, leave.”

“I will not!” He chuckles and takes his chopsticks from the tray and grabbed the bowl of rice in front of him then he slides it in front of me. “What are you doing?”

“Who knows maybe you placed something in there. Besides, it’s a bodyguard’s job to keep his master safe right? Now be a good girl and test it for me.” I scoff and glare at him as I took the bowl of rice from him. He grins as he rests his chin on his hand as he watches me. “Taste everything while you’re at it.”

“Ugh! I hate you even more!!” I grab the spoon and take a bite of everything and then the rice. I glare at him as I eat and he’s laughing. “WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?!”

“I can’t believe you just did that. And look, it’s almost half empty.” I freeze looking at the tray and gasp. “You went overboard for the testing. You almost ate my share.” He smirks and takes the bowl of rice from my hand and the spoon on the other. “Oh man, if I didn’t stop you then I must’ve just missed my lunch.”

“UGH!!” He’s teasing me. He’s completely teasing me and he thinks that this will make me leave?! I grab the cup and poured water in it as I shove it all down to my throat. “Listen you! I will never waver and I will do the thing that I have to do so be prepared stupid jerk!” I march out of the tent to cool myself when I run into two soldiers who’s guarding out place. “Ugh, this . It’s just better if I just got assigned to guard the other camps! This one’s creeping me out!” I hid to the side and continued to listen to their conversation.

“I know. Master Ae Ryu’s just strange. He never talks to people you know? Maybe the rumors are true?”

“Oh, about his mask?”

“Yeah! Maybe people can really die if they see him not wearing it don’t you think?! It’s like we’re guarding a monster that doesn’t deserve to be protected at all!”

I gasp at what I hear. That’s so mean of them. Well, I still hate Ae Ryu but what they said just now... I sigh and I forgot that I didn’t take my sword with me but when I turn, I see Ae Ryu looking at me with my sword in hand. He hands it to me then headed back to his tent. “Are you alright with that?”

He stops when I talked but he doesn’t turn. “With what?”

“Just know, you heard them didn’t you?”

“Yeah.” He replied with a low voice. “But I’m used to it. I get that often even when I was a kid.” He enters his tent and disappears. So that’s what he meant by what he said to me the first time I talked to him. He was actually doubtful of me talking to him because no one does because of the mask that he is wearing. He’s used to this? Being insulted even though he has the power over them? That’s just so-

“Hey.” I turn hearing Luhan’s voice. 

“Oh, hyung.” I approach him. “Are you on your break?”

“Yes, and I need to talk to you.” I nod but he looks serious. “Can you leave him for a while?”

“Yeah, he knows that I’m leaving shortly anyways.” 

He nods. We end up in a secluded area and met up with the others. I guess this is a secret meeting then. “Okay, everyone’s here.” We take our seats and kept our eyes to Luhan. “I’ve got something for us. It’s looks like this camp is heading for the Grand Canyon.”

“The Grand what?” I ask.

“The Grand Canyon is a secluded island in the world of demons and it’s full of mystery. No ordinary demons can enter inside and it is said that there’s a legendary stone located in there. That stone holds a lot of power. Many attempted to take it but everyone who grabs hold of it just turns into stone. Rumors also say that only demon heirs can step in that island.”

“So you’re saying that they might be after that stone?” Yifan asks.

Luhan nods. “It’s not a might but they really are after it. I heard then making a plan on moving towards it. We’re boarding a ship at dawn but only four will get off the island.”

“Four people?” Yixing talks then gasps. “You mean-“

“Yes, the two heirs and,” Luhan’s eyes darken as he looks at me. “Both of us since we’re guarding them. Those place are full of wild demons so I guess they’re taking us to be their shield in approaching the stone. That’s why they’re after the best of the best.” Luhan sighs and ruffles his hair. “Look, I can’t agree that you go in there so just please-“

I know why he’s going to say so I cut him off. “I won’t back down.”

“You might not make it in the island Ae Soo!”

“I’m a heir and I can step inside that island! And if you’re talking about those demons, that goes the same for you too right? We’re in the same boat so how can I even let you go in there alone?” He gasps with his eyes widen and sighs. 

“Uh-oh. This is going to get bad. They’re going to fight.” Tao mumbles to Yixing.

“You don’t believe in her abilities? Then why don’t you test it.” We all turn to Yifan at his suggestion. “Have a sword fight.” He tosses our sword in the middle.

“What the hell are you saying? I might even hurt her!”

Yifan chuckles. “You might, but tables turn Luhan.” Luhan takes a breath and looked at me. “It doesn’t matter if you hurt each other. Yixing’s here just in case something happens. I’ll put up a barrier to keep us from being distracted by other people. You got fifteen minutes to test her because we can’t disappear for too long. So? What do you say?”

“I’m up for it!” I raise my hand and grab my sword and bow. 

“Ae Soo!” Luhan eyes me hard. 

“I’ll just gave to show you that I can handle myself right? Then that’s what I’m going to do.”

He sighs taking his sword and we unsheathe ours at the same time. “Oooooh! This is going to be exciting!” Tao said and takes the center seat.

“Here I come!” Luhan charges at me and I try to read his movements as much as I can. I’m surprised that I can even dodge his attacks. Dad once told me to first read your opponent’s battling style before charging back so I’m going to try that now. “What are you doing?! You won’t survive if you keep this on!” Luhan keeps on charging me and I felt a pain of my left shoulder. He slashed me. “Ae Soo-“ he stops seeing blood coming out from me but then it fades. I’m healing. I charge at him and he gasps in surprise not expecting my action.

“You’re the one who told me not to stop moving until my enemy’s down and about.” I smile and charge at him at his weak points. He loses his balance and stumbled on his back as I point my sword on his neck. “You’ll be dead if you do.”

His eyes are wide as he stare at me. “Damn it.”

“Princess wins! Whoooo! I knew it!” Tao cheered and I help Luhan up. Yixing walks to me and checks my shoulder.

“I’ll never get used to your ability really.” He sighs staring at my shoulder that’s good as new. 

I chuckle. “It’s quite handy don’t you think?” I turn back to Luhan and smile. “Are you okay?” He sighs and his head falls on my left shoulder as I stiffen in surprise.

“No matter how much I try to hold you back just to keep you safe, you just won’t listen.”

I smile. “I’m not here to be protected Luhan and this is the very reason I asked for you to teach me how to use a sword.” I hold his shoulders and made him look at me. “I don’t want to be protected. I want to protect you and the others because I don’t want to lose people that are important to me anymore. So please trust me okay? I’m going to be just fine.”

He gives me a look of worry and sighs covering his face with his palm. “I never win to you Ae Soo.”

I chuckle and nod. “Thank you.”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

It was at dawn when we boarded the ship. It was actually a total of four ships. I found out the Grand Canyon only opens at a full moon and it drives me crazy in so many levels. I don’t know for how long can I keep my form up and it’s going to be a full moon tonight which is a first for me. I haven’t hidden my form before and I haven’t told Luhan that yet because the moment that I do, he might throw me out of this ship in an instant. I watch as the sun rise from the edge of the ship. I wonder if I’ll make it through this day without being caught.

And despite of all that thought, I still can’t distract myself from being seasick. “Ugh... Umf!” I vomit for fourth time as I hold the plastic bag in my hands and lean on the wall after. 

“This is a first. The master looking after his attendant.” Ae Ryu says as he soothes my back. I glare at him and he laughs. Ever since he discovered who I am, he starts teasing me whenever he gets the chance! I seriously hate him and he’s making it look like I’m playing with him!

“Don’t touch me.” I say and his smile faded. He had his hands raised and moves away from me. I sigh. I feel weak already from all the vomiting and my head’s spinning like crazy.

“You okay?”

“Since when are you so concerned about me? I told you I hate and despise you so don’t care about me. Let’s just continue our role playing game without caring for each other shall we?”

He gives me an uneasy smile and sighed. “As you say.”

The door opens and Ji Won enters with Luhan on his side. “Hey, it’s time for lu-“ his eyes fell to me sitting on the floor while leaning on the wall with a plastic bag on my hand. Ugh. I can’t even stand with him in front of me. I need to give my respects.. “What’s wrong with you?” He asks.

“He’s seasick. He’s vomiting for a while now.” Ae Ryu answered for me.

“You what?!” Luhan rushes to me and touches my forehead.

“Hm.. that’s a first. You’re always silent whenever you’re with me, I almost forgot that you’re human. I thought you’re a robot.” Ji Won looks at Luhan. “But, he’s your younger brother.”

“My apologies. Can I ask if I can attend to my brother for a while?” Luhan replied and then turned to me when Ji Won nodded. “Thank you very much.” Luhan looks at me even though I can’t properly. “Hold on to me. I’ll carry you on my back-“

“Just put him in my bed. I’m not using it anyway. He refused when I asked him earlier. Maybe his brother can make him lie on it.” Ae Ryu utters and eyed Luhan. He must be suspicious of his identity because he knows who I am. 

“We can’t dare to lie on a noble’s bed. I shall take my brother on my quarters if you may.”

“I said, lay him in my bed. He’s still my attendee.” He’s pushy. This damn guy is so pushy that I want to hit him right now if I have the energy to do so. 

“It’s okay..” I whisper to Luhan. “Just do as he says.”

“But-“ I smile and nodded at him. Luhan sighs in defeat and did as I ask. When my back touches the bed, it’s like heaven and the discomfort eases a little that it made my consciousness drifts away.


A  e    R y u

I stare at the guy who’s taking care of Ae Soo right in front of me. I know him knowing that I know Ae Soo’s identity won’t do any good so now I’m just going to contain myself and watch him do his work. What’s his name again? I don’t even remember.

“You’re staring. Hard.” I shift my look from the guy then to Ji Won who’s pointing his spoon at me. “You care for that little guy so much?” Little guy huh? No, I care for Ae Soo. I ignore his remark and continued eating my lunch. “Look at us, we’re even eating at your room just because your guard is seasick? Have you been friends with that guy first and not me? I’m having hard feelings here.”

I stare at him in disbelief. “Friends? Us?”

“Oh come on! We’ve been together since we’re kids and you still haven’t considered me as one-“

“Hey, how are you?” I stare at Ae Soo as her eyes open. The guy helped her to sit up and she stared at her. 

“Did I fell asleep?” 

“Yeah. It’s half past lunch time but do you still want to eat or do you want to rest first?”

Ae Soo smiled and shakes her head. “I’m a bit good and starving. You haven’t ate yet right?”

“Yeah.”

“So let’s go.” When she gets off the bed, she gasps seeing us observing from afar. She bows and gave us her apology. “O..Oh my! I’m sorry masters! I didn’t notice that you’re both still here-”

I stand and was about to lose my temper when Ji Won grabbed me. “Since you’re good now, you can go. Leave us.”

“Yes! I apologize again!” Ae Soo said and leaves the room with the guy. As soon as the door shuts, Ji Won looks at me with much curiosity in his eyes.

“Alright, care to tell me what was that? He’s just your guard. Why are you getting all worked up?”

“All worked up?”

“Ae Ryu, I grew up with you and I know that you kept on distancing yourself from the people around you. But that’s enough for me to have a gist of what’s going on in the head of yours. Do you know that guy?” 

“It’s none of your business.”

He gives me a laugh and sighs. Ji Won stands and walked towards the door. “I knew you’d say that. Even though you always do, it still hurts that I’m not considered as a friend by the one whom I considered to be.”

I hear the door close and left with the silence in the room. It’s okay. It’s always been like this. I’m not bound to have people around me. I’m destined to be alone because I’m not even wanted from the start.