Chapter 8

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   8


S e h u n

“AE SOO!!” I turn hearing Baekhyun hyung scream Ae Soo’s name and see Ae Soo about to fall. I quickly rush to her and jumped to grab her but she’s falling too fast.

“AE SOO! GRAB MY HAND! HURRY!” I scream to her and try to reach her. She looks at me surprised and reaches out for my hand. When I grab hers, I pull her to me and carried her. I sigh in relief as we land to the ground. Neither of us are talking. Ae Soo’s arms are around my neck while she bury her face on my shoulder. “Are you okay?” I wait for her to reply but she’s not talking. She’s crying. I sit on the large rock behind us and hold her close. “It’s okay now.”

“Sehun...”

“Mm. I’m here.” She holds me tight as she cries until she loses consciousness.

I carry Ae Soo up the mountain until we see a cabin available for occupancy. I actually can’t believe that there is one available here considering that this space is secluded but I don’t care. I just have to give Ae Soo a place where she can rest. I told the Hyungs to go on ahead of us but they refused and said they’ll stay instead. I lay Ae Soo on the mattress and pull the covers up on her. She’s sleeping so peacefully that every move that I make doesn’t budge her. I’m quite relieved of that. What happened must’ve shocked her so bad. I hear the door open and Chanyeol hyung enters. 

“Is she okay?”

I nod. “Yeah, she’s sleeping.” He smiles at me and sits on my side. “What?”

He chuckles shaking his head slightly. “It’s nothing. I just,” he smiles warmly this time and I felt a pat on my head. “It’s a first that I’ve heard you scream in fear like that. I just remembered you hate having something to lose. I guess you don’t like losing Ae Soo don’t you?”

I freeze at his words. I do? I look at Ae Soo. What will I do if one day she disappears from my life? My eyes widen at the thought and I can see my hands shake. “Hyung, I can’t.. I can’t have something to lose.. I-“ I feel a hand on top of mine. I look up seeing Chanyeol hyung shake his head. 

“It’s alright now Sehun. You can have that. You know we swore that we’ll protect you both right? I know you like Ae Soo.”

“Wait, I what?” He laughs this time and stands walking to the door. 

“I’ll leave that as it is. Call us if you need anything okay? I already informed the main house about what happened.”

“Mm. Thanks.” 

I hear the door close. I turn to Ae Soo again and held her hand. “Do I seriously.. towards you-“ my hand reaches my mouth at the realization. I don’t care what this is but I just want Ae Soo near me and nothing more. 


A  e    S  o  o

I hear chickens. Why are there chickens? I gasp opening my eyes finding myself in an unfamiliar place. Where am I?! I sit up and feel something on my right hand. “S..Sehun?!” 

Oh my god. He’s here? And he’s holding my hand?! My heart started at it’s pace again. Ugh. There it goes again. I can’t calm down. It’s like it’s going to leap out of my chest the more I look at our hands together. I try to get out of him but he’s soundly asleep I feel guilty waking him up. I smile and continue to watch him. He brought me here? And he stayed with me all night on top of that. I reach over and caress his head. I think my smile elevated to a grin now. I’m just too happy-

I can’t be happy.

This- our situation, we can’t be happy. I remember the main reason why I fell and almost died. It’s because I realized that Sehun might be the one who’s destined to kill or save me. He’s a wolf. That’s what I can’t accept which is why I keep on denying how I feel about him. I’m not afraid that he might kill me.. what I’m afraid is by the moment he does, he might blame himself for my death and I don’t want that.

Hey Mom? I’m experiencing my first love now but they said first love doesn’t usually bloom right? I guess this is it.

I feel Sehun move when my fingers brushed his cheek and his eyes slowly open. He rises quite quick and looks at my eyes like he’s searching for something. I smile at him and I see him sigh in relief. “You’re alright.”

I nod. “Mm. I’m well and ready to climb up again!”

He gives me a half smile and pats my head. “I got scared to death. Don’t you do that again.”

His words are making me hope now.

“I didn’t mean to do that anyway.” I chuckle. We hear a knock on the door and it opens. “Baekhyun!” Sehun stands all pf a sudden and grabs him by collar. I gasp. “S..Sehun?!”

“I know you’re older than me but you dare come here now?!”

“I’m here to apologize.” Baekhyun.. his voice seemed different. 

“HYUNG!”

“It’s okay Sehun.” I smile as he turns to me. “Can you leave us for a while?”

He sighs in defeat and leaves the room. Baekhyun walks closer and sits beside me. “Are you alright?” He’s not looking at me in the eye. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to tell a joke that far. Because of me you almost-“ I grab his hand and hold it. 

“You finally looked at me.”

“Ae Soo..”

“Don’t worry. It’s not because of you, alright? I was out of it that’s why I missed a step.” I chuckle. “To tell you the truth, I realized something. I think you’re right after all. I do like Sehun. But, the reason why I kept on denying it is because I’m not afraid that he might not feel the same towards me. It’s alright if it’s one sided. I just want to keep liking him. But what I’m afraid for is that my fate might be the reason why I can’t be with him.”

“F..Fate? Ae Soo, what are you saying?”

“I haven’t told you guys yet but, do you remember the time when Dad went to see me?” He nods. “Do you remember what he said?”

“Yeah. He said that a wolf is destined to-“ his eyed widen. “What the hell was that?!”

“When I was born, they told me that along with the fox bead that was passed on to me, a prophecy comes with it and that is a wolf is destined to either kill or save me. That’s the reason why the Fox clan decided to cut ties with the wolf clan because I’m the only heir.” 

Baekhyun squeezes my hand as he looks at me surprised. “T..Then, is that wolf Sehun?” I shrug. 

“I don’t know but he might be.” I sigh. “At any case, I can’t fall in love with him since he’s a wolf. If in the end, the prophecy turns to be true, I don’t want Sehun blaming himself for my death.”

He smiles. “Aw geez, you love him now do you?”

I smile and flush. “Please don’t tell him everything we talked about right now okay? I decided that I’ll leave the main house some time soon so I just want to spend my remaining days with you all.”

“You’re leaving?!”

I nod. “I can’t stay there forever. Besides, I’ll have to get over Sehun after this. It’s for the best.”

“Ae Soo.” I smile trying to hold back the tears verging from falling. Baekhyun pats me in my head and grins. “Alright. I’ll keep this from everyone so I’ll help you make your remaining days special!”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“Huh? Go to the resort?” 

“Mm!” I nod as I take a break with everyone. “Wouldn’t that be nice?” 

“Hm...I guess?” Chanyeol looks at everyone.

“I’ll go!” Baekhyun raised his hand and winks at me. I smile as thanks. I know he’s supporting me because of what I told him. I decided that I’ll make the most out of it with Sehun while I’m still here. I already told Uncle what I want and he said it’s alright. He already talked to Ahjumma and Ahjussi about it. We’re going back to Seoul in five days. “Hey! Let’s all go! Shall we? It’ll be fun!!”

“If Ae Soo’s going then I will.” Sehun added. He just said he’ll go if I’m there. He smiles at me. I can’t help but feel the excitement with the thought that he’ll go for me. 

“Alright, then we’ll go too. Right guys?” Joonmyung looked at the others and started nodding. 

“Really?! Thank you everyone!” 

“We’re actually having second thoughts of going since it’s the Goblin clan’s resort but, since you asked, we’ll go for you Ae Soo.” Minseok said.

And with that, we all headed to the resort with Chanyeol driving again. It’s just a shame that I can’t get to see how the rest of them drives. I got curious by how Chanyeol puts it. I chuckle. “You really seem excited about this.” Sehun said.

“Mm! It’s my first trip after all!”

“Your first?! Are you kidding?!” They all said in unison. All eyes drop on me.

“Is that..weird?”

“For a girl in her twentieth year, YES!” Jongdae grabs my hand answering. “Where have you been all these time?!”

I chuckle. “I’m not allowed to go out. After my classes someone is asked to fetch me so I don’t have that much time to get close with my classmates.” 

Jongin looks at me this time and grabs my other hand. “Don’t worry Ae Soo! Leave the rest to us! This will be the best trip you’ll ever have!”

“Mm. Thank you.”

“With that said! Hyung! Put on some music!”

“On it!” Baekhyun replied. I hear a sigh in the front seat. Kyungsoo. I chuckle. But I’m glad he came too. I turn to Sehun and I’m impressed he fell asleep so fast. I smile. “Liking what you see?”

“I..It’s not like that!” I flush while Baekhyun gives me a grin. 

“Don’t worry and just enjoy being with him okay?” He pats me in the head. I smile nodding. 

“Ah..” I turn to Sehun hearing him wince as he hold the side of his head. 

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah. I just bumped in the window.” 

“Oh..” he must’ve done it while he dozed off. He still looks sleepy though. “Wha-!” I feel a nudge on my waist so I turn to Baekhyun on my right. He points at his shoulders and I flush. Is he asking me to do that to Sehun?! He winks and looks to his right. Ugh.. I turn to Sehun once again who’s struggling to his sleep. “U..Um, Sehun?”

“Hm?” 

“Y..You can lean on me if you want..” This is so embarrassing on so many levels!! I hear a stifled laugh. BAEKHYUN!! But I gasp when I feel something on my shoulder. He’s leaning on me!!

“Thanks...” Sehun whispered. I smile and nod. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps. I never knew his eyelashes were long. I really do like him huh? Considering that I’m doing that number one sign when one falls in love. Sehun’s being the center of my sight now. I think I’m really going crazy. But all of these will end. I laugh. Nothing do last forever..