Chapter 33

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   33


A  e    S  o  o

There’s always that moment when we can all hear every little bit of thing that exists in our surroundings. Why? It’s because we want to somehow escape our current situation and find answers on things we can’t get an explanation of. I want every little bit of this. I want to spend the rest of my life with him but, I don’t get why I can’t say that one word that he’s looking forward to hear. 

“Ae Soo?” He calls my name again and I think this is the third time but I just stare at him. 

“I-“ that’s the only word I can make of out of my mouth because I’m too puzzled and surprised on what to say next. 

“Are you okay?” He holds on to me, encircling himself behind me. “It’s okay. Just relax. I’m sorry if I surprised you okay? If you don’t want this now I can-“

“No.” He freezes and I look at me. I may have said something for him to misunderstand this situation and I get a sense that I have to explain what that one word meant. “I don’t mean it like that. I mean- I do want to marry you but-“ I was cut off again and I can’t make myself speak. I stand away from him and sighed. “I’m sorry.. just.. I’ll talk to you again later.”

By the time I got back home, I just realized what I did. What if Sehun misunderstood my words? I do want to marry him but not right now and.. a lot of things are going on and- “What’s with you and that weird face?” I gasp when I heard a voice. It’s Ae Ryu’s and I’m in the room where he’s staying. 

“Good you’re awake!”

“Yes I am- whoa there.” I hop on the bed and scoot next to him pulling the covers to us. “What are you doing?”

“I think Sehun just proposed to me.”

“Wait, what?” He looks at me wide-eyed and I nod. “And? Why do you look like the whole world has forsaken you?”

I hang my head low in shame of what I did earlier and sigh. “I..told him I can’t and left.”

He stared at me for a few seconds then his head hang to the side. “I’m sorry, I think I misheard something just now. Did you just say you told him that you can’t marry him?” I nod. “Sehun? Of all people? The guy who’s a wolf?” I nod again. “WHY? YOU DO KNOW THAT HE ALREADY CLAIMED YOU AS HIS BRIDE RIGHT? NOW YOU’RE REJECTING THE GUY?”

“But that’s marriage!! Isn’t that different from being his bride?”

He looked at me in disbelief and sigh. “I thought that only my body will ache after using all of my powers back there but I guess my brain hurts now too. I’m having trouble comprehending as to why you rejected him after all you’ve been through.”

“Kids..” I mumble.

“What did you say?”

“I may be able to marry him but that’s not all right? That’s one of the reasons why I can’t agree right now. I’m still the heir of the clan and I have people to save. If we marry, we’ll start our own family. I can’t be happy when there are people living in misery because of me. And also, I don’t want Sehun to be the only one to figure out how to break the prophecy. I want to hold our child too. I don’t want what happened to mom happen to me too you know?” When I raise my head to look at Ae Ryu, I find him looking at me with such warm and kind eyes. Then he’s arms stretched towards me, pulling me to a hug. “Ae Ryu?”

“You know, I have some confession to make so I want you to listen okay?”

“Okay.” 

“I’ve known you since we were eight and I’ve been watching you from afar ever since. I know how you hate it when your maids starting doing everything for you and you’re kind to the people around you. I know that you want to help as much as you can and it’s nice actually. But you know? It’s not bad to sometimes rely on others for help. Sometimes people offer you help because they care for you as much as you do for them. It’s just a give and take relationship you know? And I know Sehun’s like that towards you. He wants to find out how you can be happy together because he cares for you so much Ae Soo.” He smiles and gives me a pat on my head. “So you need not to think too much about it. You don’t need to worry about saving people of your clan because you’re jot alone in this fight. We all greed for that freedom and peace Ae Soo, so you can be happy.”

I smile and hugged Ae Ryu. “Yeah, maybe you’re right. But you know?” I look up on him while resting my head on his chest and he looked back at me. “I know you might not be glad to hear this but, you’re just like Uncle Kang Joon. You both know the right words to say whenever I feel down and I’m glad I can turn on to family at times like this.”

His eyes widen a little. “Fa...mily?”

I nod and smile. “Mm. You’re my brother after all.” 

“Ae Soo-“

“I know you’re being hard on yourself right and it’s makes me chuckle that you’re a bit like Dad at times like this-“

“Don’t compare me to him!” I flinch at his voice in surprise. “It’s sickening to be in the same category as him.” His fists tighten in anger. I wonder why Ae Ryu’s so mad at Dad when they haven’t met yet?

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Ever since the day that Sehun proposed to me, things have been awkward between us because it didn’t end well. Whenever I try to talk to him, I just can’t make myself to tell him what I wanted to say and just run away. He seemed to realize how uncomfortable I feel around him that he’s not acknowledging my presence anymore. I sigh and grab the fig near me and played with it as I think of a way to fix this between us. 

“I just wish I can tell him how I exactly feel. If only I didn’t blabber things out of my emotions, then things must’ve- Whoa!” I gasp in surprise and fall on my behind when I hear something around the bush. “Wh..Who’s there?!” Just then a small creature came out from the bush...is that a ram? Oh my gosh it’s so cute! I ran to the ram and carried it in my arms. “Well hello there little guy! What brought you here?”

He rumbles and snuggles on to me. Isn’t he a sweet one? “Hm?” He crawls to my chest then I suddenly felt sleepy. What’s..going on?

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Something’s cold on my feet. I try to move it then it’s wet. No, I think my whole body’s wet? Then I feel something tickles my cheek. I open my eyes and see the ram snuggling his head on my cheek. I gasp seeing my surrounding’s full of water and I’m floating in it! I almost choke myself out of shock but I managed to stand still and grabbed the little ram on my arms.

Are you okay?” I say but oddly enough, no words are coming out. To be exact, NO VOICE IS COMING OUT. I try to talk again but I can’t seem to do it. The only think I hear is my gasping and breathing. I walk myself to land and started to panic. Did I just got mute? 

“What are you doing here?” Hm? That is Sehun’s voice! Maybe he can help me! I follow where I heard his voice and stopped half way when I saw him talking with an unknown girl in front of him. She’s pretty and tall. The little ram hopped from my arms and then runs off. I tried to stop him but I forgot that I lost my voice.

 “I’m here because I heard the news and I’m doing my best as a heir to establish connections while there’s still time. You do realize you might initiate an all out war between clans right? With you revolting against the Goblins and the Ox.” The girl said. “You have to come back now and fix this Sehun.”

“I don’t have plans on siding with them and I already talked to my father out this. Please stay out of it.”

“You-“ she stopped for a moment and then a grin grew on her lips. “Say, I also heard that you’re planning on proposing truly to your bride. How’d that go?”

I gasp. She knows that Sehun will do it? Who is this girl anyway? I look at Sehun and he turns blushing to the side. “I have no obligation to tell you that.”

“Oh? So it didn’t end well?” 

“Noona-“ she chuckles and stepped closer to Sehun. She seem to be whispering something to him and I’m not liking what I’m seeing right now. Does this girl like him? Before she takes a step back, she kisses Sehun by his cheek. Oh my god. “I told you to stop doing that!”

Stop doing that? Then does she do that often?! “Aw, don’t be too shy now. My intentions are good.” She chuckles then looks at me. Wait. She’s looking at me. I choked out of shock and stumble on my back. Great, now I can’t even move when I’m the one who caught my boyfriend flirting with another woman. “Well hello there.”

“Ae Soo?” Sehun runs to my side when he sees me and hold my shoulder. “Are you okay? Why are you soaked? Did you fall somewhere?!” Because I keep forgetting that I don’t have my voice, I tried to speak only getting air out of my mouth. “Ae..Soo? What’s wrong?”

“I think she can’t talk- Oh my gosh.” The girl beside Sehun gasps. “Girl tell me, did you happen to see a little ram here?!” I gave her a nod. “Oh my gosh. I think my little boy just took something out of her and we have to find him quick!”

“Huh? What are you saying?”

“I’ll explain later just gather people that can help secretly as much as you can okay?!” 

“Secretly?”

“Duh? I’m here to establish connection and if this comes out, my clan’s doomed!” She then turns to me and smiled. “Don’t worry, I’ll give you back you voice in no time little girl!” Little girl. She’s been calling me that since earlier... 

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“Ae Soo.” I turn looking at Luhan. It’s been a while since I last saw him. “I heard what happened, are you okay?” I smiled at him and nodded. “You sure?” I nod again then I see him balling his fist and sighed. He’s worried about me. “I’m sorry, if only I kept an eye on you this wouldn’t happen.”

As much as I want to ask him why he disappeared for a while I can’t. I also wanted to tell him I’m okay and there’s nothing to worry about since I’ll be getting my voice back when we find the ram, I can’t. So I just hold on to his hand and smiled. 

“You’re worrying the Princess again.” Yifan! “You’re hanging in there right?” I smiled nodding. 

“She’ll be okay, since she’s our Princess.” Yixing!

“Of course!” Tao added. They’re all here. I’ve missed them for a while and I’m glad they’re all safe. 

“My, my. You’re stealing our dear Ae Soo from us my dear dragons.” Baekhyun and the others are here too?! I stand in glee seeing them all in front of me. 

“I can tell that she’s happy to see us even though she can’t talk.” Jongdae chuckled and pats me in the head so I nod. “We missed you too Ae Soo.”

“How are you?” Chanyeol! I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled. “Glad to hear.”

“I called them since we need people to look for the ram.” Sehun said so I give him a faint nod. I still feel awkward around him. He then grabs my hand pulling me away from Luhan and placed me behind him. Sehun? “I know you’re worried and all, but I don’t think holding her hand was necessary.”

Luhan was about to say something back when Yifan stopped him which didn’t satisfy Luhan. I can tell by his look. “Alright that’s enough rumbling regarding the little Gumiho okay? We’re in trouble here boys and your Princess’ voice is at stake. ‘Cuz it turned out that my little cute ram took her voice. He does do weird things sometimes.” Weird? I don’t think this is just plain weird though?! “Let’s just make it short okay? I’m Jung Soo Jung by the way and I’m the heir if the Sheep clan. The goal is to find my boy and get the Princess’ voice back. This word shall not get out of this room understand? I think you might not want angering me boys. So go on, chop chop! Let’s form into pairs and find my baby okay?”

Just when everybody is pairing, the door opened and we all freeze because no one can know about me losing my voice. I’m pretty sure Dad won’t like it either. “Uh..” Ae Ryu stopped half way coming inside when he saw a lot of people in front of him. When he was about to leave, Soo Jung grabbed his shoulder as she grins.

“You’re pairing with me Ae Ryu.” 

“You recognize me?”

“Of course. I know those eyes after all.” She smiled. “Now pair with me.” She knows my brother too?! Am I the only one in this room who doesn’t know her?!

“What for?”

“The Princess lost her voice and my baby took it.”

“The ram did it again?” Oh my brother definitely knows her alright. He looks at me then sighed. “Fine. Let’s go.”

Everybody started leaving one by one and I realize I’m alone with Sehun and Luhan. He’s still holding my hand tight from earlier. I tugged on his sleeve and he looked at me. “Let’s go.”

“Wait.” Luhan grabs my other hand and stopped me. “I’ll look with you.”

“We are instructed to go on pairs.” Sehun replied.

“I don’t follow orders outside my clan.” I can feel the tension growing from both if them and I’m not liking it... I wonder if we can find the little ram even before these two start a fight though?