Chapter 23

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   2 3


L u h a n

“Uh wait, what?” 

“Don’t worry! I listed it all down already so you won’t forget a single thing. Now off you go.”

I look at the list that Ae Soo gave to me then back to her. I am now asked to buy ingredients for a cake. A Tiramisu cake. 

“Why do I have to do this again?”

“Because I’n not allowed to go out. Oh pretty please? I want to make something good today to celebrate my Dad and I making up yesterday. So please?” 

It’s constricting. My heart is constricting because she’s so cute right now. I sigh and covered my face with my palm. I think I’m blushing out of my embarrassment because of this ridiculous feelings of mine. “Stop.” I hold my hand out. “Fine. I’ll go. But just these okay?”

She beams out with a smile and gives me a nod. I walk heading to the gate. “See you later Luhan!”

When I arrive at the market, I got off the bike and started getting the things on Ae Soo’s list. I can’t even pronounce some of these so I just let the baker read what’s in it. “Alright, I just need to get the cream and I’m done-“

“Sorry.” 

“Oh it’s okay.” The guy who bumped on to me bowed and walked pass through me. He looks so pale I wonder if he’s okay? I continue walking when I heard a name that stopped me on my tracks.

Sehun! I told you not to go off on your own again!” A tall guy run to him. I turn and felt my body freeze. 

It’s Sehun.

“You still haven’t ate anything for the day. Let’s get you something okay?” He grabs Sehun by his arm but he’s not reacting. He’s just letting him take him to where he wishes to go. When they are approaching me, I can feel myself freeze even more. This is the guy who Ae Soo loves so much and wishes to see. 

When they’re gone, I managed to get back to my senses and I ran back to where my bike is. I reach the main house again but my head is still in the sky. “Oh? Luhan! You’re back!”

“Ae.. Soo.” She approached me and takes the bag from me with a smile on her face.

“Hm? You didn’t get me some cream?”

“Huh?”

“Oh well, I think what we have is just enough. Thanks for these! I’ll give you some when I’m done okay? See you later!”

I stare at her as she headed for the kitchen. Do I tell her? That I saw Sehun just now. But if I do, her smile will disappear again and it’ll be replaced by tears. 

I walk to my room and I hope that will help me calm down. When I do, I saw Yifan inside as he sits on my chair. He always comes in without permission but I don’t have the will to argue right now. “What’s up with you?”

“N..othing.” I reply and stare at the floor as I think. 

“Oh really?” I ignored his curious remark. Both of us remained silent for a while. I don’t know how long because I’m too occupied with my thoughts. The way Sehun looked earlier, it looks like he’s been depressed because he thinks that Ae Soo’s dead. I sit up and look at Yifan. “Whoa. What’s with you?! You keep on startling me!”

“Hey.”

“What?” I chewed on my cheeks. Yeah, I should tell him.

“I uh... I saw Sehun earlier. But do you think he’s that Sehun?”

He leans back on his chair and continued on reading the magazine on his hand. “Are you seriously asking me that or you want to deny that he’s not the one that you saw? The wolves’ den is just close by to us and that market is at our center. There are high chances that he is that Sehun.” 

“Right?” I sigh. “He.. He looks so depressed and it looks like he’s been going off on his own because he has some guy going after him and scolding him. Maybe to find Ae Soo?”

“I guess. Did you talk to him?”

I shake my head. “No. I just froze when I saw him.”

“Hm..” Yifan stared at the ceiling while resting his leg on my desk. “Will you tell the Princess?”

Those words struck me like lightning because I froze again. I ball my fists and sigh. “I-“ Yifan stood all of a sudden and looked at my door. He raised his hand and opened the door with his magic. Then I stand. She’s there. She heard all about it? “Ae Soo-“

Tears are flooding her eyes again. “I..Is he okay?”

“Huh?”

“Wait no.. you said he looks depressed..” she bit on her lips then she walks to me with a slice of cake on the tray that she’s holding. “I just finished making this.. I thought you would gladly have some.. You can share it with Yifan if you like. There's more in the fridge.” she turns to me and slowly walked away.

Damn it. I just made her cry again.



A  e    S  o  o

“So? Will it be okay for you to teach me that?”

“Huh? Oh, sure I guess.”

“That’s great!” Li Shao grins standing up and takes my hands pulling me with her. Apparently, she wanted to learn how to make the cake that I did yesterday because she wanted to give one to Luhan for Valentine’s day. When we get to the kitchen, she hands me an apron that matches hers. I read the words printed on it and it says, “Cooking Cupids”. Looking back at her and she gives me the look of excitement which made me smile. She reminds me of myself. I bet if I’m with Sehun right now I’ll make something for him for Valentine’s too. “So? What do we ma-“ she stops when she looks at me and I hear her gasp. “Oh right.. I’m so sorry Princess!!”

“Huh?” She points at my eyes and I didn’t know that I was crying already. I wipe my tears and shake my head. “It’s okay. I would love to help you. You like Luhan right?”

“But you’re...”

I smile and pat her shoulder. “It’s okay. It’ll pass.” I said that but my heart hurts so bad. I want to see him so much but I can’t. I’m not in a circumstance where I should be doing what I want. I am a heir and I should keep my responsibilities. I have people to protect and stepping out of my comfort zone is a must. “Hm? Do you smell something?” I ask Li Shao. She stops what she’s doing and sniffs.

“I don’t think there’s something odd that I smell. Is there?” I shrug. “Let’s continue?”

I nod and we do the finishing touches for the cake. When it’s done, we placed it on a box and wrapped it properly for her to be above to give the cake to Luhan tomorrow. “Now, all that’s left is for you to chill it then it’s ready to eat!”

“Thank you so so much Princess Ae Soo!”

I chuckle. “You can just call me Ae Soo. You’re older than me right? So should I call you-“

“Nope.” She holds up a finger on my lips and smiled. “Just call me Li Shao okay?” She winks.

I nod and we are about to head out. “Oh right, I forgot something. Go on ahead of me okay?”

“I’ll just wait for you.”

“No it’s okay. If you wait anymore then the cake will become bad. Go on ahead.”

“Alright. Come as soon as you can okay?”

I nod and head back to the kitchen. I turn the switch off but then I see a big shadow behind me. When I turn around, I saw something burning behind me. Before I now it I’m in the floor lying as I gasp for breath.



L u h a n

We all stood from our seats in the middle of a meeting when we suddenly saw a fire from the south building. That’s where Ae Soo and Li Shao went earlier! Just when we’re about to head to the fire, the door slams open and Li Shao comes in. “HELP US!”

“What’s wrong?” Yifan run towards her and tried to calm her down but it’s useless. She looks at me with worry and she looks so scared.

“L..Luhan, the princess.. Ae Soo is-“ my eyes widen and I didn’t let he finish what she’s going to say because I might be too late the moment I reach her. Just when the King entrusted everything to me as he goes away for a mission, this happens! I jump through the window and head to the south building when I saw a silhouette coming out from the building. I stop seeing Ae Soo walking in a limp.

“Oh, Luhan? Great, you’re here! I managed to get out but-“ Damn it. She’s okay. I can’t hear anything she says. I’m just too relieved that she’s okay. I walk towards her as she talk and hold her.


A  e    S  o  o

I sigh in relief when I got out from the building. It’s a good thing I recuperate really quick. If I don’t, I think I’m toast now. When I was about to head to the main house to tell the others about the fire, Luhan’s there standing in front of me. 

“Oh, Luhan? Great, you’re here! I managed to got out but the fire spread out so quickly. I couldn’t save anything. Do you think there’s someone who can help us with the-“ I gasp when he suddenly grabs my arm and pulled me close to him. The next second I think he’s...kissing me? I’m too surprised to react right now. When he releases me, my knees weaken but he doesn’t let go of me. “J..Just now-“

His forehead meets mine and he releases a sigh then he squeezes my hand. His eyes remained closed. “Don’t scare me like that. I’m so glad you’re okay.”