The Breakup

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fingers tapping on his steering wheel, Sehun bit his lips in frustration as he slowly navigated through the massive traffic jam. It's after 10pm on a Friday night and traffic is usually bearable but an accident ahead led to a traffic that was crawling on a night when Sehun needed to get to Sumin urgently.  It's been 4 hours since the breaking news had overtaken the internet and he needed to be with her.

His day had started beautifully. The morning was shining brightly when he woke up with a smile. The night before when they chatted before bedtime, they had been talking about him visiting her that night. He had been invited to attend the opening of a new club opened by Seungri hyung. As usual, Sumin didn't want him to come over after he was at a club because she dislikes the smell of liquor and smoke that tends to cling to him after a few hours at a club. He had promised her he would limit his drinking and would shower before getting into bed with her. She reluctantly agreed after much persuasion. Then he started teasing her about the things he would do to her that usually embarrassed her greatly. He loves seeing her all flustered and shy. But last night, for the very first time, she had bravely challenged him to it. He had laughed so much at her stammering attempts to fight back his teases since she was still very shy when talking about anything relating to intimacy.

His day was supposed to be simple. After lunch, there is training of a new choreography for a Lotte special that was happening the following week. After training, they will go for dinner before going back to change and Chanyeol and himself will go to Seungri-hyungs' club opening. He would end the day(night) with Sumin in his arms. A day to look forward to.  

However, the day started to spiral downwards when Jongin saw a message from Jennie during their break from training. Sehun had been chatting with Junmyeong at one corner of the dance room when they suddenly heard Jongin cursing loudly. Interrupted, they looked towards Jongin who had stood up and paced around the room while frantically making a call. They stared worriedly at the panicking Jongin wondering what had happened when he gave up making the call sat down with his head between his knees, his hands holding his head together. The guys immediately went to him, hovered around wondering what happen. After several urges from the members, Jongin told him that he just saw a message from Jennie. The message was received about 45 minutes earlier while they were practising, to inform him that she was called into a meeting with her CEO. He had tried to call her but could not get through.

"Sehun-ah, could you call Seungri -hyung? In case he knows something," Jongin pleaded, he grasped Sehun's hand desperately. Sehun nodded, giving Jongin a reassuring smile before making the call.

Seungri-hyung wasn't in the YG building as he was at his new club preparing for its opening that night but he promised to find out. When he called back five minutes later, it was bad news for Jongin. Words out in YG that their management wants Jennie to break up with Jongin. Jongin was slumped at one end, his mind holding on to a glimmer of hope that Jennie would refuse. Although the rest of them felt that was unlikely, they remain silent, giving him the moral support he needed.

When Jennie finally called Jongin half an hour later, she apologised and informed him tearfully that that she would follow her agency's advice. Jongin persuaded her to meet that night and talk it out first before making that final decision. He really wanted to salvage their budding relationship. Hanging on to the hope that he would be able to convince Jennie, Jongin sat at the corner figuring how to not only convince Jennie, but also with strong enough position to sway her management.

The remaining guys tried to refocus on their training but it was interrupted again when an hour later, the management from their agency called Jongin for confirmation of the break up.  They had received a call from a reporter about the matter. Jongin was stunned. He didn't expect the news to be released before his meet up with Jennie later. A buzz on his phone from Jennie broke his heart.

From Jennie-boo

Oppa, I'm sorry. The agency released the news. I can't see you anymore.

The members rallied around to console a devastated Jongin who was stumped at the turn of event. They empathised with him but most had anticipated for it. Although the news of their dating didn't hurt Jongin as much, they were aware that it had affected Jennie badly. Fans had felt betrayed and she had received a lot of hates after the scandal broke. Her sns has been flooded with negative comments. On top of that, Seungri had told Sehun that YG never approved on their relationship. They had grudgingly acknowledged it because of SM's confirmation. Many believed that if SM had not had confirmed quickly, YG would ask for the immediate break up and deny the relationship every exist. Jennie is YG princess, the girl they were grooming for big time and they have huge plans for her. Having a boyfriend at this stage was not only a distraction but could kill her career. As a form of punishment, she had been scolded and withdrawn from some promotions and plans. Even Blackpinks schedule was scaled down. They believed she would finally let go of Jongin to pursue her career. She is still young afterall.

Through all of this, Sehun's mind was on Sumin. He was worried about her reaction. Over the two years of their relationship, there have been several other idols that have been outed or breaking up. It hadn't affected Sumin that much, although they do talk about it. But Jongin and Jenny hit too close to home. These are idols that Sumin knows personally, not just someone she read or watch. He quickly texted Sumin, wanting her to hear the news from him and also to reassure her.

 

To Su-su💝

Jennie agency ask her to break up with Jongin. News should be out.

I'll come over later after training and we can talk.  I love you.

 

Sumin stared at the messag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter