Saving Relationships

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky has grown overcast, darkening the day before its time. He searched for a glimmer of sunshine that waits to break through but instead, a flash of lightning followed by the roar of thunder affirmed the impending rain.  Involuntarily, he whimpered. How could just one reckless moment in his life cause the world around him to shatter into pieces?

Sehun sat down on the chair at the balcony, pouring himself another glass of scotch and gulped it down in one swig, letting it burn down his throat. He hated days without sunlight and the coldness that come with it. But that day, he especially hated it because it was if the weather mocking him, reflecting his internal turmoils.

The past three days have been hellish. The massive negative response to his dating has taken him aback. He had written on his sns, seeking forgiveness and understanding from his fans. Describing how his girlfriend has been a source of support for him, especially on days when it has been hard and asked for them to accept his relationship. His posting was flooded with comments. Although there were a lot of supports, the excessive negative reaction has floored him.

There were louds shouts of betrayals; his previous promises of not interested in having a relationship and his denials were thrown at him as his lies. There were demands for explanation, details of his girlfriend, compensation for being tricked, boycotts of him and his group. A couple of fandoms, the small ones, has announced that they are closing down. But what sadden him most was there were voices asking him to leave EXO because he is untalented and his scandal is dragging the group down. It was the same cries he had in his earlier years after his debut. He had since then, worked hard to prove them that he deserves to be part of EXO. He thought he had overcome them. For some fans to throw it back in his face hurts him the most. Although he knew these are the minority, it didn't lessen the pain.

And all the negativity is because he loves someone. Someone whose voice gives him butterflies, her smiles makes his heart skip a beat, her touches makes him craves for more and her loves makes him complete. She is his happy place.  How could that be so wrong?

He refused to give her up. He can't give her up no matter what. It will blow away, Sehun had insisted to his CEO, Yunho and BOA sunbaenims earlier that morning. They have called him for a meeting, pointed at the huge impact his dating news had caused, basically shoving their "I told you so" down his throat. But he stood firm and refused. He is not going to break up with her. He may lose some fans but the group will survive.  Even when the management went to his parents, he refused to change his mind.

He heard the door to the dorm opened.  Junmyeon texted him earlier to inform that the group was called into a meeting to discuss the same matter and its impact. Sehun knew CEO and his sunbaenims would pressure s to persuade him to give Sumin up.

The members have been on his side, supporting him and in his deepest heart, he hope they would continue to be on his side. Because, he needs them. He needs their support so badly as the ground where he stands is slowly being pulled away from under him. But when the push turn to shove, would s change their stands. His relationship is impacting the group; how badly it will only time will tell. But at the moment, it didn't look good. 

There is a growing sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach. He feared that the management successfully convinced the members. Sehun doesn't want to be pushed to choose between s who are his family and the girl he loves. Both are important to him. He can't give either up. As he heard the members' voices, Sehun slouched down and braced himself.

When he came into the dorm, Junmyeon walked straight into Sehun's room and was perturbed to find that it was empty. Walking back to the living area, he saw the guys huddled together staring at the balcony outside. He turned his eyes and found a dejected Sehun, shoulders slouched looking really small in the cold and wet balcony. Baekhyun turned away and sniffled. He could not bear to look at Sehun. It has been hard on all the guys watching their maknae suffered the past few days. They had been shocked at the extent of the negative response. But CEO Lee had correctly pointed out that among all the members, Sehun had the largest individual fandoms by far. And these fandoms were built upon the fantasy of their idol being available, being a potential boyfriend. The members knew their beloved maknae was in pain. Tremendous pain. He could probably survive the criticism, but they are not sure he can survive losing Sumin. And it looks like that is inevitable.

Sitting next to Sehun on the sofa at the balcony, Junmyeon took the glass from Sehun's hand and replaced it with his hand. He turned towards the forlorn boy. The boy who had grown up in front of his eyes, the boy who had grown from a youthful and mischievous boy to a playful, yet mature young man, someone who is generous with his time, money and love.  More than just a member of his group, Sehun holds a special space in his heart. Junmyeon loves him like his own brother. He wouldn't even deny that he favours Sehun over the rest of s. Now, his heart hurt to see Sehun looked so lost and disheartened. 

"Hyung," Sehun said softly, his eyes remained lowered. "I'm sorry. But I can't let her go." At that, Sehun went down on his knees and put his head on Junmyeon's knees as he begged repeatedly, "Please don't make me leave her."  Junmyeon could not stop the tears from falling as he tried to pull Sehun back up to the chair but he refused, clutching his hyung's knees and sobbed.

"Sehun-ah," he Sehun's hair, "You know that I love you very much. All the members love you. That means, we want you to be happy. So do what you must. We will support you all the way." Sehun cried harder. The members were pressured to convince Sehun that his relationship is bad for the group, however, in the van on the way back, they have discussed it. Although it seems unavoidable, they would let Sehun make the decision without pressure from them. They would stay by his side and accept the repercussions. Sehun is not just one member, he is family. Junmyeon held him and let him cried out the pain inside him. The rest of the members sat around the living room, silent with their own thoughts. Not one of them has dry eyes that night.

 

Sumin and Yerim were walking into the school building when school reopened when Lisa intercepted them. Confirming her suspicions from the puffy eyes and dark circles on Sumin's face, she pulled her to a quiet area on campus.

"You are Sehun's girlfriend. The girl in the picture," Lisa stated. Sumin swallowed hard.

Yerim pried Lisa's hand off Sumin's arm. "That's pure speculation," she told her off.

Lisa's eyes remained fixed on Sumin's face, who had started to blink rapidly. Lisa saw that Sumin was struggling to keep her composure and she pulled her into a hug. In Lisa's embrace, Sumin let her tears rolled. After a while, she pulled away, sniffling as she wiped the tears away. 

Sumin nodded. 

"You cannot tell EXO-L that she is his girlfriend. You can't do this to Sumin," Yerim uttered brusquely.

Without acknowledging Yerim's comments, Lisa kept her gaze on Sumin. "I may not be your best friend, but I am still your friend," she said softly.

With tremblings lips, Sumin clutched Lisa's hands and whispered her thanks.

"Do you want to talk about this? I can update you with what I know. Let me know when you are free," Lisa offered. 

Sumin could not remember her schedule, as her mind had been scattered. She took out her phone to check but Yerim answered for both of them. "Our first class, is at 10am until noon. If you are not free now, we can talk anytime from noon. Sumin has a class at 4pm."

"I dont have morning class today. I'm here because I want to see Sumin," Lisa explained.

 

After they sat down in an open space, where they can see if anyone was to come nearer, Lisa asked. "Have you seen Sehun since the news broke out?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter