Missing You

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumin stirred in her sleep when she felt a pair of warm hands wrapping her body gently. Her eyes fluttered open and her lips curled into a smile. She remained silent, keeping her breathing shallow as she waited for Sehun's next move. 

 

He pulled her back closer against his chest, his warmth immediately transferred to her and spread across her body. Gently, he kissed the hair at the back of her head, taking care not to wake her. "I miss you, baby," he whispered as he nuzzled against her neck. Sumin almost chuckled. He knew she hated to be called baby, so he only does it when he thinks she would be unaware or too overwhelmed by passion when they were making love, to reprimand him. Honestly, she has gotten used to the term and wasn't as strongly opposed to it as before. She waited until his breathing slows down to an even and relaxed pace as he fell asleep.

 

Slowly she wriggled around so that she could face him while remaining ensconced within his arms. The room is dark and his face is lighted by the sprinkling of light from the moon outside the window. But it was enough for Sumin. Enough for her to drink in his beautiful face, the face that she often missed. Her eyes adjusted itself to the darkness, tracing his sharp features and sculpted face.  As her eyes roamed his face slowly, she worriedly noted the dark circles that have started to form under his eyes, grimaced at a full-blown pimple above his eyebrow and smiled at the beauty mark across his cheek, courtesy of his childhood antics.

 

It's been six weeks since they came back from Singapore. Since then, Sehun's schedule has been packed with his drama filming and concerts in Manila and Jakarta. It doesn't seem to be slowing down. In the past six weeks, they have only gone on one outing together, to Mt Sorak where Sehun slept while Sumin did her painting. She was still working at the bubble tea cafe for a couple of weeks after that, and he dropped by whenever he can; for a quick hello, a slight touch and a couple of stolen pecks. There had only been a few occasions when they managed to have meals together at home. More often than not, he would slip into bed while she was asleep to hold her in his arms as he rested after another tiring day. He told her that he gets better sleep holding her close.

 

Sumin missed him a lot. Although he comes over every 4-5 days to sleep, she would often leave for school the next morning without waking him up since he needs his rest. She has to contend chatting with him over the phone or through chats. Hence, while he sleeps, she would quietly stare at him, enjoying the feel of the closeness of being in his arms; etching the feel of his arms around her body and breathing in his scent. To her, every second with him is precious.

.....

 

"He came over last night?" Yerim greeted Sumin at the breakfast counter. Without pausing from writing a note to Sehun, Sumin nodded her head. Yerim observed as Sumin placed her short note to Sehun, telling him to eat his breakfast well and to take care of his health, next to the food cover that contains his breakfast. She then sat next to Yerim and start eating. 

 

"You have a test today. You should have told him not to come on the day before your test," Yerim commented.

 

"It's ok. He didn't disturb my sleep. He came in and slept. We didn't even speak to each other," Sumin explained.

 

"Yeah, but you would not be sleeping, staring into his face instead," Yerin rebutted her. After one of the nights Sehun visited, Sumin had confided what she does when Yerim noticed that she was sleepier than usual. 

 

"I'm ok. I had a cup of coffee while preparing breakfast earlier," Sumin assured her best friend. She could hear the resigned sigh from her best friend as she continued eating.

 

She was listening to Wendy chatting about her previous weekend during the morning break when her phone rang. Glancing at the phone, she quickly excused herself and answered the call from Sehun.

 

"Hey, you are up," she commented. The response was a huge yawn. 

 

"Hmm.. yeah," Sehun replied. "Why didn't you wake me up before you leave? I wanted a kiss".

 

Before she left, she had sat beside him and seeing his exhausted face, she decided against waking him up. She planted a feathery kiss on his cheek instead.

"I did. But you were sleeping so soundly. Cheh.. my kiss was for nothing then," she pouted into the phone.

 

They continued joking for a bit before Sehun turned serious again.

 

"Sweetheart, I told you that you don't have to prepare breakfast for me. I could eat later or just have some cereal."

 

Sehun did not want to inconvenience her when he comes over as she has to go to school in the morning. But it was not a hassle for Sumin. She enjoys cooking for him and it does help that Sehun is always appreciative.

 

"Well, I thought someone ever told me that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach," she teased.

 

Chuckling, he said, "But you already own it."

 

Sumin could not help but feel flustered at his simple assurance. 

 

"Su, I will be going to Busan this Thursday for the festival. I'll be back on Saturday. But then I have to continue filming over the weekend," he said apologetically. He has not had any weekend off for weeks, and not only that he misses spending time with her, but he felt guilty for not being around. "I..."

 

Sumin quickly interrupted him, assuring him that she understands. "I see you whenever you can. Don't worry too much about it. I'm busy with school too."

 

"Thanks sweetheart. I can come over on Wednesday night. Maybe a late dinner and.." his voice trailed seductively.

 

Sumin could feel her face started to heat up. "What do you want to eat? Should I make steak or bulgogi," she quickly responded.

 

"Anything, as long as I can have..," Sehun said in a low voice before he was interrupted again. 

 

"Ok! I'll make something. I got to go now, got class. See you on Wednesday," Sumin gushed.

 

Sehun chuckled. He knew she has another 5 minutes before class but she cut him off because she didn't want to hear his teasing. She has yet to get over her shyness, which he found very endearing. He could imagine her face red and flustered. That's why he takes a lot of delight in teasing her.

 

Besides missing her and feeling guilty for not being able to be with her often, Sehun felt his personal life has been blissful. He loves their chats together; they still bicker about things, but there were also many sweet moments when she made him felt so loved. Yes, he has always been loved by the people around him, but this time, the love he felt from her or for her is so different. When he is tired or feeling stress or down from work, he just needs to see her face, hear her voice or feel her touch, for him to feel much better. When he ranted, she doesn't tell him what or who is right or wrong. She just listens and comforts him, giving him the space to let it out. Only later after he has gotten it out of his system, she will share her views if she thinks its necessary. Hence, whenever he has a hard time, he needed to hear her voice or see her.

...

Sehun quietly stares at his clenched hands, his knuckles turning white as he tries to keep his temper in check. His co-star Kim So Eun's manager, kept requesting for them to retake the kissing scene to ensure that the film captures her face well. The director has been warned by Sehun's agency that the kissing scene should be handled delicately since he is an Idol but So Eun's manager wanted her first kissing scene in a drama to be something that top all kissing scenes in kdrama. Sehun didn't care about his agency's warning nor his co-star's wishes. He just wants to get the whole filming done. Its already past 8pm when they were scheduled to end at 6pm and he has kept Sumin waiting. It takes about 45 minutes to get to her place from the filming site. He cannot keep screwing up their already limited time together.

 

He turned to his manager, "Hyung, this is getting nowhere. Eight takes for what was supposed to be a simple kiss?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter