Two years on - His Story

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is part 2 of my update. So if you haven't read Her Story, go back one chapter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sehun nodded his head as he quickly grabbed his jacket, closed the door to his hotel room and briskly walked so that he could catch up with Rob Evans. Sehun is in Milan, doing several fashion shows as it is the fashion season. For the past two years, he has been getting more offers to  model some of the top European brand names. He is so active in Europe that he spent almost 3 months in a year in Europe. He did photo shoots and even walk the runway.

 

Rob Evans is one of the models that he had gotten close to as they often were in the same fashion shows. For his first catwalk, Rob had been a godsent. He had heard of Sehun, been in a couple of photoshoots with him but had not worked the runway together. When he realised it was Sehun's first catwalk, he patiently explain to Sehun what was required as he could see he was struggling to understand the language and the fast pace fashion scene.

Although Rob has a bit of a wild personality, Sehun enjoyed his easy go lucky personality. Sehun find himself often amused or relaxed in his company. They hang out together whenever they have jobs together or if they are in the same town. That night, they had completed the Valentino show which was closing for the season and Sehun would be leaving the following day. Rob insisted that Sehun join the party for the season's end on his last night at the club in their hotel.

 

When they arrived at the club’s private room reserved for the models, it was already packed with other models and celebrities. The music was pulsating and the blinding strobe light flashing in the club known as the hottest party scene. There were often reporters outside the hotel, photographing the top celebrities and models going to the club. Fortunately for Sehun, the models for the show stayed at the hotel which had a private entrance to the club for its guests. This allow them to avoid the paparazzi. Sehun split with Rob, going to the bar to get his drink and Rob’s before joining Rob who was already seated on the couch, one of the new faces in the fashion industry already esconsced in his lap.

 

“Thanks, Man. You should loosen up and enjoy yourself tonight. The only other Asian on this floor is that Chinaman,” he jutted his lips towards Hoa Yun Xiang, another famous model from China. Rob knew Sehun is very careful of his image because of his Idol status, even when he is far away from Seoul. 

 

Sehun sunk into the seat beside Rob, ignoring the girl that was all over Rob. His eyes slowly rove around the room, noticing several models that he had worked with before. And there were several actors and actresses that he had seen in some movies in the room too. Like Rob, many were already busy making out with someone either of the same or opposite , a small group was gyrating to the house music and small clusters of people just standing around chatting. The lifestyle in Europe is a lot wilder and less restrictive than in Seoul. Its not that Seoul is pristine white, but it has not reached the level where it is in Europe. Maybe it is a cultural difference, Sehun mused, where hooking ups is the norm in the western world. No one bats an eyelid.

 

He has his share of temptation. Several female models have approached him, flaunting themselves for his attention. Initially, he had been overwhelmed by the forwardness. He politely declined and kept a stoic face to ward off their attention. But after a while, he got used to the lifestyle, just smiling along as he rejected the girls' and a few guys' advances. 

 

Since he became aware of Sumin’s move, he had tried his best to forget her. He rarely calls to leave messages, accepting the fact that even if she kept the number, she probably didn’t welcome his calls. The rare occasions when he did call, was when he was drunk or feeling depressive.

 

He also tries very hard not to dwell on her. He pushed thoughts of her away whenever it appeared, using the time he has outside work, enjoy being with s and his friends. His mom was perplexed when he told her that he doesn't want to talk about Sumin anymore because he is letting her go. When she probe, he just said that it is time. He chose to ignore the disbelief and worry in his mom's eyes, pretending that he is really ready to let her go.

 

His final act of letting go happened when he was in Busan for a music festival. They had an afternoon free and he rented a car to visit the place where she brought him. Sitting up on the mountain, looking out to the city, he was able to recognize her high school and her favourite place, the library next to it. He remembered the little stories she told him of the city.

 

He could still remember the taste of her sweet lips the first time they kissed. On the way to visit her then, he had planned on the kiss. It was meant to be one kiss so as not to frighten her, but he ended up kissing her again and again because the feeling from kissing her was beyond what he’d imagined. And each time, they kissed, even to the very last kiss they shared, it invoke such amazing feeling that often left him breathless, warm and so in love. Sitting under the shade, he closed his eyes, letting the pain ebbed away as he accept that he will never get to feel and taste her lips again. 

 

When he left the spot, he found himself parked in front of her house. He didn’t know why he was there. While he was struggling with his emotions, he saw her mom walking to the house with her bag of groceries. Unexpectedly, her mom had turned her head toward the car, hesitated for a moment before walking towards it. Realising that her mom probably knew it was him, he walked out of the car and lowered his head.

 

“You are here,” her mom said. “Come, come. Join me for a cup of tea.”

 

Sehun wanted to decline, but the kind look on her face reminded him so much of Sumin. Silently he followed her, a couple of steps behind. Instead of offering him a cup of tea when the entered the house, she held his hand firmly and brought him to Sumin’s room.

 

“Have a rest while I cook dinner. You have time for dinner, right?” she asked, her eyes shining expectantly. Sehun's brain was hazy and he couldn't remember if there is schedule that evening. Nevertheless, he still nodded his head. At his nod, she left him in Sumin's room and closed the door.

 

Sehun had never entered her room in her family home. The room had been kept very clean. She had shelves upon shelves lined with books. Mostly related to school or finance or some other non-fiction stuff. There were only a few famous fiction books, more known for its literary quality. Somehow, he wasn’t surprised. She has always been such a conscientious student. He looked around for anything that would show that he was once a part of her life, but there was nothing. Unsatisfied, he was sure there must be something that tied them together. He pulled out the drawer on her desk and found a binder, secured by a number code.  The binder was different from her usual stuff. This binder had the softness that was missing in her very practical life.

 

Adamant, he wanted to see what is inside the binder. He knew that he is invading her privacy but there was something that pushed himto try to see what is inside that beautiful binder. Sehun tried her birth date but that didn’t work. He tried several other possible combination unsuccessfully until he decided to use his birthday. The binder was unlocked. He took it with him as he sat down on her bed. Fllipping through the binder, Sehun found pictures of their time together. From the very beginning, even the group photo they had taken at her first EXO concert. His finger traced the pictures of them at the mountains, or in her apartment, smiling, pouting and teasing. They were so happy. 

 

He was torn. Here he is trying to let her go, yet the collection of their beautiful time together made it harder. He gasped as he felt the apn in his heart.  He missed her so much. He laid down on the bed with his arm over his eyes as he struggled with his emotions. He was praying for guidance when there was a knock and Sumin’s brother came in.

 

“Hyung, you really are here!” he cried excitedly. "I didn't believe it when Omma told me."

 

Sehun smiled. The boy was still in his school uniform. He walked to the boy and gave him a hug. "How are you?"

 

The boy gave a cheeky smile. "Better than you and Noona."

 

The boy noticed a flicker crossed Sehun's eyes. "Noona is doing well. She's ok. So you should be too."

 

Sehun nodded. That's right, Sumin had moved on. Its his turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter