His 7 Brothers

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumin was on the train back to Seoul on New Years' Day. She stared at the white scenery outside the window as she contemplated on calling Sehun to let him know that she was on the way back. She missed him a lot the past couple of weeks as he had been very busy with various performances and with her in Busan, it was not possible for Sehun to even come and sleep over. She her phone at the contact list Hun💘, tempting to call and hear his voice but with a sigh, Sumin finally decided against it and averted her attention back to the scenery outside. He must be tired with the non-stop performances the past week and would probably be sleeping. She is quite certain that he would come over that evening after his rest. She wants him to come over.

When she reached home, she found the apartment quiet; Yerim had gone on a tour with some of her friends and would only be back in two days' time. Her internship is only starting the following week, a week later than Sumin's, which will start the next day. She went to the kitchen to unpack the banchan that her mother had packed before making her way to the bedroom. 

Sumin's face brightened up when she stepped into her room to find Sehun sleeping. She quietly crawled up onto the bed and lay down on her side beside him as she stared at him. His face was an epitome of baby innocence when he sleeps; his features soft and beautiful. She had missed him a lot. Although they texted and chatted daily, it cannot be compared to being physically with him. She loves how whenever they are together he makes her feel special, loved and protected just from his look, his soft words or his light touches. But just then, she was contented to look at him so that he can get his much needed rest. Her eyes crawled over his side profile, smiling lovingly at her handsome boyfriend while restraining herself from running her fingers on his flawless skin. 

"Stop staring. Greet me properly," his voice was low and husky, still clouded by his sleep while his eyes remained close.

Sumin grinned. "Sleep more. You need to get enough rest. I'll just stay here and wait for you," she said softly.

Sehun opened up one of his eyes and side eyed her. He had missed her over the past couple of weeks. As time passes by, he found that he craved her presence all the time. He slid his arm under her body and pull her on top of him. He blinked the sleep away and gazed lovingly at his girlfriend's face. "Sleep with me," he said softly as he pushed her head gently to his chest.

"You sleep first. I'll go and wash the dust off and change to something comfortable first," she smiled at him. With a light peck on his lips, she went off to the bathroom to change.  Sehun stave off the sleep until she has snuggled back into his arms before he returned into a deep slumber.

Several hours later he woke up alone in bed. It was already 5 in the afternoon and his stomach was rumbling. He hadn't eaten since the previous night dinner before the performance, which was almost 24 hours ago. Early this morning after the performance, he asked the manager to drop him off at Sumin's instead of the dorm. After a nice warm shower, he had stumbled into bed and slept the moment his head touched the pillow.

He got up and looked for Sumin. He found her in the service yard doing some ironing. "Hey sleepyhead," she greeted him.

"Weren't you supposed to be sleeping with me?" he asked grumpily.

Sumin chuckled before explaining that she did napped for about an hour. "Go wash up. You must be hungry. I'll serve our dinner." Sehun wanted a kiss but she teasingly  dodged and pushed him towards the bathroom instead.

Sehun's mouth waters looking at the table laden with Busan dishes. He especially couldn't wait to tuck into the marinated crab and tofu packet. 

"Hun, Omma wanted to send some banchan for you and your members. But I could not handle it on top of my own stuff. Sorry about that.." she apologised. 

Raising his head from his food, Sehun peered at her. "Why are you apologising for that? Of course you shouldn't be lugging things for us. Hyungs would not have expected it."

Putting down his chopsticks, he his lips as he leaned back against the chair. "I tell you what they've been bugging me about though," he said. 

Sumin looked at him in trepidation.

"They want to have dinner here. After Chanyeol came back and bragged about what he had the other day, the rest of them felt it was unfair that they never got the same opportunity. And considering we've dated for so long, they felt that it is overdue for them to get to know you better," he revealed. Sehun noticed that Sumin had a panic look on her face. "I told them no. I don't want you to be cooking dinner for so many of us," he paused.  "But I would like you to get to know my members. They are like my family. Please meet them. You don't have to worry about the cooking, we'll just order in." He waited silently for her response.

Sumin thought quietly about it. She was nervous about meeting the whole group as she would likely feel overwhelmed having all of them over at the same time. She would prefer smaller groups. When his other friends came, they didn't make her uncomfortable although she regretted that Sehun and her had quarrelled in front of them. Would she be able to handle his seven brothers all at the same time? She glanced at Sehun and saw his expectant face and bit her lips. 

Sehun reached out for her hand, intertwining their fingers. "You don't want to meet them?" he asked gently, his eyes searched her face.

She shook her head. "I don't mind meeting them. But all of them at once? You guys get crazy when you are together. I'll be overwhelmed." Sumin enjoyed watching their interactions online. Although she is envious of their camaraderie and closeness, their antics are seriously crazy. Sehun may be playful when they are together, but with his hyungs, he can be so childish that sometimes she cannot recognise him.

Sehun just grinned. "Don't worry. They will behave. You saw Chanyeol hyung the other time, he behaved pretty well." Sehun was not going to share that Donghae had warned the rest to behave before they arrived.

"Ok then. Let me know when. Yerim must be here too. I don't think I can handle 8 immature guys alone," Sumin finally agreed.

 

Yerim was putting banchans onto serving plates when she heard another sigh from her best friend. Sehun's members are coming for dinner and despite his suggestion of ordering in, Sumin had insisted on cooking. She had asked her mom to send banchan while she cooked a couple of meat dishes, egg rolls and soup. They had also gone shopping for extra plates and cutleries and even folding table and chairs to accommodate the big group. Everything seems to be going as per Sumin's plan, hence she didnt understand this frequent sighings.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

Sumin shook her head.

Yerim stopped serving and folded her arms across her chest. "Shall I call Sehun to cancel dinner?"

"No, of course not. Why would you do that?" Sumin's head had snapped up and she looked shocked.

"You've been sighing since just now. Something must be wrong," Yerim pointed out.

Sumin chewed the inside of her cheeks. She paused from her chopping and raised her eyes. Yerim was surprised to see Sumin looking nervous and a little bit fearful. 

"What if they don't like me?" Sumin asked as she clasped her hands together.

Yerim was astounded. That she didnt expect. She chuckled.

"Why not? I know they like your cooking. Chanyeol likes you. Any reason why the rest would not like you?" she asked.

Sumin pursed her lips and breathed out slowly. "The guys have been with Sehun and seen him grows from a teenager to an adult. They lived and work together. They are like a family. They know his likes and dislikes and the kind of girls that Sehun had crushes on and girls that are chasing after him." Sumin kept quiet and was struggling to continue. Yerim waited silently since she knows her friend needed the time to compose herself.

"What if when they get to know me better, they realise I'm just..." she looked at Yerim helplessly.

"Not good enough? They are idiots then if they think you are not good enough for Sehun. And as if Sehun would care and would let them come between you and him," Yerim scoffed.

She shook her head. "I know Sehun wouldn't do that.. but I..."

Yerim shook her head. "Honestly you are too much of a worrier. Give the guys some credit. I'm sure they will respect whoever Sehun dated and wont be judgemental. Even if they are, why should you care. You are dating Sehun, not the other 7. If this makes you so uncomfortable, lets not go through all this trouble to have them over. I'll call Sehun."

"No!" Sumin quickly cried. "Ok ok. I stop thinking of these nonsense. I'm just nervous. Like I'm meeting his parents or something and I need their approval."

"Pabo!" Yerim murmurred as she continued to plate the banchan.

A few minutes later, Sehun and his group arrived. Sumin and Yerim walked out to the front to greet them. 

Sehun said hi to Yerim and went to his girlfriend. Kissing her cheek, he thanked her for having his friends. They exchanged smiles before Sumin turned to return the boisterous hello from Chanyeol. 

"We brought desserts. We have macaroons, tarts and cakes. Hope you like them," he gushed. Yerim laughed and asked Chanyeol to put them on the dining table after thanking him. Yerim had taken an instant liking towards the friendly and easygoing Chanyeol at the previous dinner.

One after another, Jongin, Jongdae and Minseok trotted in after greeting the girls. When Baekhyun entered, he gave Sumin a quick hug before moving on to hug Yerim. The hug was so sudden and unexpected that Sumin just stood still like a statue. She is someone who isn't comfortable with skinship especially with strangers. "Hyung!" Sehun chastised Baekhyun who just laughed. 

"Sumin-ssi, I'm sorry about that. Baekhyun is.. Baekhyun.." Junmyeon was apologetic.  He doesn't know how to explain Baekhyun lack of respect of others' personal space. He is just someone who is warm and affectionate and often forgets that not everyone is like him. Sumin smiled and told him not to worry about it. "Thank you for having us, Sumin-ssi," Junmyeon continued. Chanyeol yell from inside the living room, "Hyung. Why so formal? Just use banmal."

"Is that ok?" Junmyeon asked Sumin and Yerim. Both nodded with a smile. 

"Thank you Junmyeon-ssi," Sumin thanked him as she accepted a house gift from him. Sehun nudged her.  "Err.. Junmmyeon...oppa" Sumin was hesistant. Junmyeon smiled widely. 

Sehun tugged her hand. "What about me? Why don't you ever call me oppa?"

Sumin rolled her eyes and was about to turn towards Kyungsoo who had stood silently behind Suho when Sehun tugged her hand again.

"Su," Sehun continued to whine.

"What?" looking very annoyed at the pouty Sehun, she sighed. "Oppa," she finally said it. Sumin chuckled at how Sehun immediately straightened up his back and looked proud like a peacock. 

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo-ssi.." Sumin turned towards Kyungsoo. 

"You can call me Oppa too," Kyungsoo said softly with a small smile. Sumin instantly like the serious but kind looking guy.

"Ah yes. I apologise for Sehun's antic, Kyungsoo-oppa. I wonder how you tolerate it. Welcome to our home," Sumin had by then relaxed considerably since the guys were refreshingly comfortable. 

"Thank you Sumin. Annyeong Yerim," Kyungsoo replied. Turning back to Sumin, he continued. "I heard you are making dinner for us. Thank you. Have you finished cooking? If not, could I help you? I like to see your style of cooking."

Sumin was startled at the request. She glanced at Sehun who had a big smile on his face. Kyungsoo hyung wanting to join

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter