A Date

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From Su

Call me when you can, please.

 

Sehun blinked worriedly at the message. Sumin had not once asked him to call her. It must be something urgent but he was in the middle of filming. He had glanced at his phone while the director instruct the cameraman for the next scene. He could not call her back yet. He prayed its nothing critical.

 

Jane reached out and squeezed Sumin's hand. Sumin turned slightly towards her and nodded in gratitude for her support with a small smile. Sumin had a tough morning. The difficult professor had bullied the girls in the class again and today, she picked on Sumin, belittling her and condescendingly told her that she would not be surprised that even though she is doing well now, Sumin would end up giving up all that she had studied to stay home and support her husband. Although Sumin didn't think there is anything wrong with that option if someone chose it, but the way the professor spat it out together with other more demeaning words affected her. Especially as it was against her strong need to be independent.

"Professor, not all females are like that. Many women are able to balance their career and their families. More Korean men, like myself are not threatened by having wife that are successful in their career and hence dot no expect their wife to stay home," Minhyuk spoke up during a pause in the professor usual litany of women and them giving up career for family. Sumin and the rest of the girls looked up. It was the first time that a guy spoke in their defence.

The girls in the class had also been picked on before and they've contemplated complaining to the school admin but had concluded that it would be difficult to get support. They have decided to bear with it and instead provide moral support for each other. But Sumin had never been insulted before and to be told how she would end up being dependent on her future spouse no matter what she did really upsets her.

 

When they sat down at the cafetaria, Sumin sent a message to Sehun. She then listened to the conversation among the girls, who were so frustrated with the situation.  "A consoling factor is that her module is objective. She can't fail us girls for no reason,"  Joohyun pointed out. The other girls nodded. "She must think that because she chose to be married to her career, all of us would do the same," she continued. "Yeah. And I really don't understand why she pick on Sumin. She topped the class again. That is also a problem," Jane huffed. "She's the problem, that's why. And wow, finally one of her favourite species spoke up for us. I didn't expect that," Wendy spoke her surprise. The girls nodded. Jane turned to Sumin, "Minhyuk likes you? I notice he always smiles at you." Sumin shook her head. "We had classes together since first year. And we did a project together before. He is just a friend," she explained softly.  "Sure, sure, just a friend," the girls was teasing her when her phone rang. 

Glancing at it, she quickly excuse herself and went out of the cafetaria to a quiet part of the garden.

 

"Su, what happened?" Sehun asked worriedly.

"Hun," she broke down.

"Su, what's going on? Tell me," Sehun panicked when he heard the break in her voice. He managed to get a 15 minutes break and had quickly gone immediately to his dressing room and locked the door.

"Just talk to me," she whispered.

"About what?" he asked, confused. 

"Anything. I just want to hear your voice," she pleaded.

"Su, tell me what's going on? You are scaring me," his panic was obvious. He could hear the agitation in her voice and it seems she is holding back her tears.

"Please, just talk. About anything and everything," her voice was barely audible.

Sehun didn't know what to do. He started talking about the filming earlier. Then about the baby pictures of one of the staff he looked at earlier. And then about the upcoming press conference. He was just babbling away, still feeling confused. But he did hear Sumin's breathing seems to have slowed down to an even pace.

"Thank you," Sumin suddenly said in the middle of his pause while he raked his brain for another topic.

"You ok, sweetie?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said softly.  "The evil professor gave me a hard time this morning. I just needed to hear your voice. I feel much better now," she said sheepishly. Now that she has calmed down, she realised how foolish and clingy she had behaved. She is like a child that needed assurance. But hearing his voice did make her feel better.

"I'm always here for you," Sehun assured her. "Do you want me to send some people to her?" his tone turned teasing.

"What?" Sumin was confused.

"You know, I can send over one or two people to scare and warn her not to touch my girl," Sehun offered.

She chuckled. "Ah.. You are going to send Kang Hyuk's buddies?"

"Yeah. What do you think? Should I send Tae Jin or Jon Gil, or both?" he joked. He heard Sumin laughed and he felt relieved.

"Su, I love you," he said softly.

"I love you too," Sumin said happily. Her day has just become brighter.

 

Sumin was guiding one of her juniors in her TA's role when her phone rang a few days later. "Could you read my comments first while I answer the call," she told the guy.

"Hey," she said softly as she walked nearer towards the window.

"Hey, yourself," Sehun replied. "What are you doing?"

"I'm with a hoobae. Going through his work. What's up? Your pres.. er you are done?" Fortunately Sumin managed to catch herself.

"Yes, Presscon is over. Su, lets go on a date," he suggested excitedly.

Sumin blinked. They have not been on a date for months. "Date? You are free to go on a date?" Although Sumin was trying to control herself, she could not hide her excitement.

"Yes, can you leave now? I'm outside," he said happily.

"Now?" she shrieked. Embarrassed, she smiled apologetically to her hoobae and turned to the window. "I can't go now. Could you give me 15 minutes?" she asked.

"Sunbae," the hoobae called out. Sumin turned around to find him packing his bag. "I'll go now. You go on your date. I know a few guys are going to be disappointed to hear you are taken." And with that, he waved at her and walked out of the room, leaving Sumin red in the face.

"Su," Sehun called out. 

"Ok, I can go now," Sumin answered. "Give me 5 minutes."

 

Sumin ran down the steps to the waiting car while she told Yerim on the phone that she is leaving first to go on a date with Sehun. Yerim was surprised but happy for her friend. "What time can I come back or do you want me to stay out the whole night?" she teased. Sumin was too happy to scold her friend.

 

Slipping into his car, she heard the car door locked imme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter