Quiescence

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reaching out for the remote, Sehun turned off the TV. He turned his head so that he could look up towards Sumin. Its new years' day and he is resting at her place after the previous week rounds of gayo. After waking up to a delicious lunch, they decided on a movie marathon. His body is stretched across the couch with his head on her lap while they watched the movie together. 

Sumin's hand that was playing with his hair while they were watching movie, moved along to his head movement and now it cradled his face. She smiled down at him as she traced her finger on his sharp jawline. As her eyes roamed his face, she saw that he needed more rest as his eyes were still tired.

"This is nice, isnt' it?" he asked, his tired eyes smiling lovingly at her. "I want more days like this." He took her free hand into his and intertwined them, before lightly kissing her knuckles.

Sumin chuckled lightly and nodded. 

"Then don't go to work tomorrow and spend the day with me," he whined.

Sumin simply smiled at him. She knew he was just being whiny and didn't mean it. She continued to his hair gently, loving the feel of his soft hair on her hand.

Her internship starts the next day. She will only be in the Seoul office for one day, for employment registration and other administration such as getting office pass and then would fly off to Hong Kong the day after for 3 days. Although the internship is in Seoul office, there would be some parts of the program that would be held in Hong Kong. Sehun was disappointed that she would be away on his rest days, hence the pouting. 

"I would still see you tomorrow after work," she placated him. "Come, lets watch another movie. How about an action movie?"

 

The music blared loudly from the speakers as strobe lights flashed neon lights in many colours around the dancefloor that is filled with people swaying and gyrating as they danced to the pulsating beat. The mood in the club is definitely celebratory, as Sumin watched enthralled at the energetic atmosphere in the club and its patrons throwing themselves with abandoned enjoyment. This club in Hong Kong is definitely a lot more happening than the ones she's been to in Seoul, not that she has been to that many.

"Com'on Sumin, join us," Yerim pulled her hand as she dragged a hesitant Sumin to the dancefloor. One squeezed with the rest of the sweaty bodies, Sumin moves her body along with the music as she danced with Yerim and a few of her colleagues.

On her second trip to Hong Kong for her internship, Sumin had extended her stay till the weekend for some shopping and sightseeing with Yerim who flew over. Upon hearing of her extended stay, her colleagues in Hong Kong had invited her and Yerim to join them for dinner and then clubbing. On that Saturday morning, they had gone to Victoria Peaks, take the star ferry for some sightseeing before they did some shopping. After pounding the pavements, they rested in the hotel room before meeting up with her colleagues. Her colleagues had been friendly and fun.

Sumin drank from her bottled wated as she took a napkin to dap the sweats from her temple. Although she was not familiar with a lot of the song choices, the DJ had mixed a lot of pulsating music and hyped the dancefloor so well that it was not a problem just to dance to the unknown songs. They danced for almost an hour and Sumin was exhausted. She laughed at Yerim who had also sank into the couch, exhausted too. Closing down the space between them, Sumin asked, "You ok?"

Yerim nodded tiredly but her eyes were sparkling. "God!! This place is really cool!"

Before she could agree on the sentiment, Sumin was distracted by her ringing phone. It was Sehun. She tried to hear him over the loud music but it was near impossible. "I'll call Sehun from outside," Sumin told Yerim as she stood up. 

"No, its dangerous." Yerim pulled her back. "Just text him, tell him its too loud to carry on a conversation.

 

To Hun💖

Sorry. It's too loud in the club. I can't talk and Yerim doesn't think its safe for me to go outside to call you back. Can we text instead?

 

To Su-su💝

You are at a club?

 

To Hun💖

Yes. I told you the other day. My colleagues invited me and Yerim when they knew I was staying for the weekend.

 

To Su-su💝

Ok, please be careful of even the water that you drink. Stay away from drunks. Don't stay too late. And don't dance with another guy.

 

Sumin chuckled when she say his message. Sehun and his never ending petty jealousy. They had another discussion about this before the trip. Sehun had complained of the unfairness that he is not allowed to be jealous of another guy. He told her that although he has millions of fans and other idols chasing possibly after him, the probability of anything happening is lower than the real men that she is surrounded with. She disagreed with his comparison but accepted that, as her boyfriend, he has the right to be concern. She had thus promised not to put herself in a situation where the concern would arise.

 

To Hun💖

I won't. You too. Take care of my heart.

 

To Su-su💝

That's my line. You stole it.

 

To Hun💖

Too late. I speak to you tomorrow. I love you.

 

To Su-su💝

Love you too sweetie.

 

Sehun, who had stepped out to make the call, walked back into the club and joined Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol together with a few of their other friends. Sumin knew he is at a club attending a birthday celebration of one of his friends. As he sipped his drink, he scoffed at the irony of their situation, both at a club, thousand of miles apart. 

Sehun is jealous that Yerim has been able to join his girlfriend in Hong Kong. He so wanted to be there with her while she is on her stint but as per her usual cautious self, she has rejected the idea strongly. He has tried all his persuasive powers but it was to no avail. He is not giving up yet. Sumin has two more trips to Hong Kong before the end of her internship stint and he is determined to be with her on one of them.

 

"Hun, please," Sumin sighed. They've been arguing about his insistent on joining her in Hong Kong. 

Sehun was similarly upset. He didn't understand why she refused. It so happen on her final trip to Hong Kong where she will be there for a week, he was free on Tuesday and Wednesday.  He had hope to persuade her to meet up with his friends while they were in Hong Kong because when he has opportunity to be in Hong Kong, his friends has managed to bring him out without the knowledge of the paparazzi or his fans. Nevertheless, he was prepared to just stay in the hotel if that would make her feel comfortable.

"I will be back on the Saturday. Instead of just hanging around the hotel room while I'm at work, wouldn't it be better that you spend it with your parents?" She tried reasoning with him again.

"Su, I want to be there," he said firmly, his eyes pleading.

She stared at him in frustration. She pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter