Unwarranted Jealousy

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I should have gone over," Sehun told her over the phone. He got back from training for the new album a couple of hours earlier and now lying down on the bed chatting with Sumin. He is more relaxed; his drama is doing well, topping the rating for the time slot every week, filming is over and he had 5 days break before the preparation of the winter album started. He had been able to see Sumin often, and even gets to accompany her to a mountain to do her painting.

"You were here yesterday," Sumin reminded him.  Although Sumin is happier now that she is able to see him more frequently, her finals are coming up in a couple of weeks. She has been juggling spending time with her boyfriend and her revision.

"But I miss you. And I will be away for a week," he whined. "I'll come over tomorrow night?"

"Hun, you are going out with your friends tomorrow. You'll be drinking," she reminded him.

"I promise I won't drink so much. Com'on Su," he cajoled. But she remained firm. There had been a couple of times when Sehun comes over after going out with his friends. Even after washing up, Sumin could still taste and smell alcohol on him. She knows she has to get used to it if she wants to see her boyfriend more often, but for tomorrow, she didn't want him to come over, especially since he is going out with the group that likes to drink. The last time he went out with them, he woke up with a bad hangover even though he normally could actually hold his liquor. Sumin had wondered how much he had drank to be so badly hangover.

 

Sumin was studying when Sehun called the next day, persuading her to let him come over later after his dinner with his friends. Sehun can be annoyingly persistent, like a big baby that she finally relented. "I see you later. I promise, I won't drink so much," Sehun told her happily. Sumin just sighed and continued her study.

Two hours later, her phone rang again. Glancing at her phone, she was surprise since it was not even 9pm.

"Are you done with your friends or you not coming over?" she asked.

"Err.. I'm coming over," Sehun said hesitantly. They had gone for dinner at this new place that Chanyeol wanted to try but the food was not good. They left after a quick meal. They then went to a nearby pub for drinks and when Sehun wanted to leave after a couple of drinks, the guys persuaded him to let them hang out at Sumin's too. Donghae hyung wanted to get to know her better.

"Su," Sehun called out her name nervously. He had never brought his friends over to her place and was uncertain how she would take it. His eyes wandered towards his friends who were looking at him expectantly. "The guys asked if they could hang out at your place tonight," he continued.

Sumin was silenced. Sehun waited nervously.

 "What did you say?" she asked after a minute of wondering whether she heard him right. Sehun repeated himself.

"Why?" she asked, totally taken aback.

"Well, we went to a new restaurant that Chanyeol hyung suggested. But the food was terrible. Then we went to a nearby pub for drinks and the place wasn't that great either. So when I wanted to leave, they asked if they can come over too," he explained.

Sumin was thinking about it when Sehun added that his friends wanted to get to know her better.

"I'll have to ask Yerim. It's her house. Wait a minute," she went to Yerim's room. Yerim didn't mind.

"Ok. Do you all need food?" she asked.

"Well, we didn't eat much cos the food was not great. But, you don't have to trouble yourself. We can just order something or have ramyeon," Sehun said sheepishly.

Sumin clucked her tongue. "I'll see what we have. How many of you?"

Sehun told her that there would be Johnny, Chanyeol, Donghae and Guan Lin.

 

"Su," Sehun called out as he entered the house. The other four guys also entered the apartment. 

"Kitchen," she replied. Turning to Yerim who was in the kitchen helping her, she quickly spoke, "I can handle the kitchen. Could you entertain his friends? Thanks." Yerim wiped her hands and walked out, passing by Sehun, who said his thanks.

Sehun approached Sumin who was in front of the stove and wrapped one hand on her waist and kissed her cheek.

"That was fast," she commented. He said they were half an hour away and its not even that, and they had appeared. She had not finished preparing their meal.

"What are you cooking? We could have just ordered something," he pointed out.

Before she could reply, she heard Chanyeol's voice greeting her. She turned, peeking around Sehun's body that partially blocked her and returned his greetings. She saw the other three guys that she was unfamiliar with, only one face was a bit familiar as she met him at the restaurant she went with Sehun. She smiled shyly and acknowledged their presence.

Donghae has been curious about Sehun's girlfriend since their meeting at the restaurant. He had asked about her a couple of times when he was alone with Sehun and from the way Sehun spoke about her, Donghae could tell that he was totally in love. His curiosity peaked at the girl that could move Sehun's heart, from someone who was adamantly not interested in having a relationship to one who was very much invested in one.

Sehun was glued to her side that Donghae could only see her face peeped around his body. "Sehun, could you be less possessive? Let her go so that I can see her," he chided him. The other guys tittered. Sehun flushed and took half a step away from Sumin but refused to let her go. It provided enough space for Sumin to step forward and greet them properly.

Donghae looked at a very sweet and innocent looking girl, looking very young like a high school girl, dressed simply in track pants and tee with her hair up in a ponytail.  At the restaurant, he remembered she didn't look this young and was a stunning young lady.  However, her face today was radiant and glowing as she smiled shyly at them. Donghae was surprised as he had gone to the bubble tea shop before and not remembered seeing such a beautiful face. Being in love definitely suits her.

"I'm Donghae," he introduced himself.  He wanted to extend his hand but he could sense that the girl would probably be uncomfortable with skinship. Although she had stepped forward, her body language still clungs towards Sehun. Instead, he introduced Johnny and Guan Lin. Guan Lin and Johnny was staring wide eyed at finally seeing Sehun's girlfriend.  Donghae glanced at Sehun and saw how he was gazing at his girlfriend with adoration. That boy is totally whipped, he chuckled in his head.

"Are you cooking for us?" he asked when he saw the kitchen counter had several dishes that were already prepared and some ingredients in the midst of preparation.

"Sehun told me that all of you didn't have a good dinner earlier. He said the food was terrible and is still hungry. So..," she replied before blushing, realising she is implying that she could cook better than the restaurant. "It's not that my cooking is great, but I hope it can fill you up," she continued nervously.

"I've tried your cooking. Its yummy! We always try to steal Sehun's food," Chanyeol exclaimed.

Sumin giggled as she turned to Chanyeol, "Yeah, he did complained about his food getting stolen."

"Waa.. then I am looking forward to tasting your cooking," Donghae said.

"You won't be disappointed, hyung," Sehun said proudly. 

"Yaa.." Sumin poked him, as she looked up to him. "You are giving me pressure."

The guys laughed and left Sumin to do the cooking and went to the living area.

 

Sehun helped Sumin in the kitchen while Yerim chatted with the guys. Johnny whispered to Guan Lin at how domesticated Sehun looked. The kitchen is separated from the dining/living area by a shelving unit, hence they can see him helping Sumin. He was also setting the table and placing the dishes on it. Chanyeol overhearing them, agreed. "He rarely helped out at home. But here.. " he chuckled. Guan Lin gasped as his eyes stared at the kitchen. Everyone eyes also turned towards the kitchen. They saw Sehun hugging Sumin from the back while she was cooking. 

Yerim turned away. "After a while, you get used to it. Sehun is very clingy. I guess cos they don't see each other often.  But Sehun's cheesiness can be very annoying," she said as she rolled her eyes.

They sat down to a full table and there was excitement from Johnny, Guan Lin and Chanyeol at the delicious looking food. Sehun was placing Sumin's study chair next to his as there wasn't enough seats at the dining table when he heard them. He could not helped but grin.

After thanking Sumin for the meal, the guys attacked the food with gusto. There were a lot of compliments that made Sumin turned tomato red. She shyly acknowledged their compliments while encouraging them to eat more. She then turned to Sehun and watched him eat. She placed dishes on his bowl or spoon as he chatted comfortably with his friends about the entertainment industry.  From various topics, they started talking about the latest scandal; an Idol was dropped from his group's promotion activities when the fans discovered he had a girlfriend. Yerim also actively participated in the conversation, giving her views as an outsider. Sumin just listened to the conversation, absorbing the information that would enable her to understand Sehun's job better.

"You've been very quiet. What do you think about Korean fans' idolism that sometimes border on obsession?" Donghae turned towards Sumin. He had noticed that she listened quietly as she ensured that Sehun is eating.

"I don't know much about kpop," she replied.

"But you are dating an Idol. I'm sure you must be aware of the fan's behavior," Johnny added quietly. Johnny has been observing Sumin and had thought she seems too delicate to handle the pressure and stress from dating an Idol.

Sumin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter