When Family Get Together

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The house was quiet. Sumin washed the plate and wiped the kitchen clean. She stood in her small kitchen, giving it a once over to make sure that everything was in order. Satisfied, she exited the kitchen but became unsure whether to go to the bedroom or the living area. A sense of loneliness enveloped her. She missed Sehun.

Aiming the remote at the tv, she found a comfortable position on the sofa and started to surf the channel. Sehun was away in LA for a photo shoot for Calvin Klein. The time difference has been hard on them since he is awake when she is asleep, and they can only squeeze in quick chats here and there. But tonight, he had promised to wake up early so that he gets to speak to her. She felt bad about it since he does need his sleep, but he had insisted. And she does miss his voice.

“Good morning sweetie,” his voice, still heavy with sleep, rang sweetly across the Pacific Ocean.

“Good night, sleepyhead,” she giggled when she heard him yawned and stretched. “Do you want to go back to sleep?”

“Hmm.. no. I thought we agreed to talk,” he pointed out.

“Yeah. But you sound like you could do with another couple of hours of sleep.”

“I know what I would love to do in that couple of hours.. and it all involves you,” he teased.

Flushed, Sumin scolded him for his erted thoughts but he retorted that she was the one with the erted thoughts since he only thought of a couple of hours of chats. They continued to joke and tease each other until Sehun was clearly fully awake from his sleep.

“How was your first day at work?” Sehun asked. She started work earlier that day and it was the reason why he had wanted to have a call with her.

“It was ok. Thank you for the present. I really don’t need another handbag and shoes,” she gushed happily.

That morning, she had woken up to a message from Sehun asking her to look under their bed. There she found a big box complete with bows and a card.. “Shine like the Stars!”. He had bought a new matching handbag and shoes from a local designer.  She sat on the bed, the soft leather on the classic, yet modern bag and was touched by his sweet gesture.

“My pleasure, always my pleasure. Did you wear it today?”

Sumin bit her lips. Fortunately; she did decide to wear his presents and it has given her strength on what is not one of her best days.

“I did! It was beautiful. Perfect in fact.”

Despite the chirpiness in her voice, Sehun detected a slight hesitancy. “Is everything ok sweetheart?”

“Yeah..”

“Su, if something not right, please tell me. You didn’t like the bag? Did I get the wrong size for the shoes?”

Shaking her head although Sehun was not able to see her, Sumin chuckled softly. Sehun is fantastic when it comes to shopping. He has an eye for details and seems to know her measurement to a tee. Once, he bought her a tee shirt which she thought was way too big until he showed her how it was supposed to be styled.

“It was perfect.”

Sumin wanted to share her day with Sehun but was concern that it may worry him when he is so far away. But she really wanted to share her disaffection with him.

“Hun.. I don’t think they like me,” she spoke softly.

“Who?” he exclaimed.

“The people in my department,” she elaborated.

When Sumin met with the manager, she detected a clear sense of displeasure emanating from the person. But Sumin had initially chalked it down to the manager having a bad day, or simply his personality. But after the introduction to the rest of the team and then the department meeting, the vibes that they were not pleased with her presence was overwhelming. No one spoke to her with any eye contact, well, if they do say something to her. Most of the time, they ignored her, making her feel unwelcome. When she approached them to talk about work or when she asked question or even just a friendly chat, she was rebuffed. Sumin didn’t understand where it was coming from. All in all, it had been a tough first day at the office. The only saving grace was the intern in the office, Won Bin, who asked her to join him for lunch and offered some tips around the office.

Sehun listened quietly to her sharing. His heart went out to her and wished he was there to comfort her. Sumin is not someone that complains or whines, hence he knew it must have been really hard for her. Especially she is usually well like for her soft and kind personality. The only thing he could offer over the phone was reassuring words.

That was enough for Sumin. She was grateful that her boyfriend had listened without judging or questioning whether her feelings were probably a misunderstanding. Instead, he let her voice her thoughts and then with his soft voice, he comforted her. Although she wished she could hide in his arms, enveloping herself in his warmth and protection it would accord her, his reassuring words were still a godsend.

After she felt better, they discussed about the gathering at her place that weekend after he returned from his overseas trip. Sehun lightened the mood by sharing the antics of s which never failed to tickle her. After the call, she slept with less worry on her mind.

 

“Sorry Hun! I just finish work. I need to make a quick trip to the supermarket before I go home,” Sumin quickly explained to Sehun on the phone as she dashed into the subway. Its almost 8pm and Sehun has been at her place since 6. It was unfortunate that her manager passed on last minute work just before 5pm. That work has to be completed before Monday morning; her manager has instructed her. Sumin could not do it at home over the weekend because she required some data that was only available in the office. Although it was frustrating, Sumin was just glad that she has been given some work. Except for this work, she was left to just read on past reports and not assigned any work the past week.

When she reached home, Sehun was there to welcome her with a hug. They held each other for some time, just breathing in the familiar scent and warmth and listening to the soothing heartbeats. Gathering strength from his embrace for the difficult week she had, she held on to him tightly. When they finally pulled apart, Sehun searched her face.

“You ok sweetheart?” he asked with concern.

Her eyes held onto his soft gaze, beautiful and loving. With lips curled into a happy smile, she nodded, “I am now.”

Raising her soft left hand to his face, she gently caressed his cheek, tracing its defined bone structure. Her eyes flickered to his lips and back to his eyes, eyes that stared intently back, just watching her.  With her right hand on his shoulder, she tiptoed to reach closer to his face, close enough that their warm breath mingled. With both hands, she then cupped his face gently. With a final glance, she leaned and brushed his lips, just a faint touch. She felt his short intake of breath, as Sehun exerted some control, allowing her to take the lead.

Leaning closer, she pressed her lips against his warm and soft lips, kissing him softly and tenderly. Lovingly he returned her kiss, as he tightened his hold on her hips, pulling her even closer. Sliding his tongue across her bottom, teasing her. A wave of heat flushed through her body. Sumin drew a staggered breath. She could feel the smirk on his kiss at her response.

Sehun loved how her body response to him; her soft body molded itself to fit into his. His hands that were resting on her hips gradually moved up. With his hands spread wide, it roamed and caressed her curves. Sumin had lowered her hands from his face and wrapped them around his neck, her fingers tangled in his hair, drawing him even closer.

Lightly sweeping his tongue between her lips, he pressed his lips to her warm and soft ones, before taking a quick dip into her hot cavern, exploring and tasting her sweet taste before caressing her tongue with his. The delicate, sensual touch was heavenly and she whimpered. The kiss was getting hotter and her body shuddered from the tingles that is running through her veins. She moaned into his mouth. With an intense urgency, he deepened their kiss, pulling her body even closer that they were mashed togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter