The Reunion

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes were on the movie playing as she run her fingers through his surprising soft hair which was now coated with a new colour, burgundy for his latest MV.  Sumin's exam was over and she was relaxing at home with Sehun. He had come over on his rare day off in the middle of his preparation for the winter album which was going to be released just before Christmas, in time to be performed during the end of year Gayo. They had decided to watch a movie and Sehun had stretched his legs across the sofa and lay his head down on her lap. She gently his tousled hair and played with his hair, at times curling it behind his ear. Occasionally she heard Sehun's murmurs of pleasure as he enjoys the tenderness of it all which brought a smile to her face.

When the credits started to roll, Sehun reached out for the control and turned the TV off. He sat up and scooped her onto his lap as she leaned against his chest.

"You haven't told me about the after exams party you had at the club," he said quietly as his hand rubbed her arm lightly.

Sumin murmured quietly as she snuggled into his chest, enjoying his warmth and his masculine scent. Its one of her favourite moments.

"Su," he called out softly.  She responded by burying herself even further into his embrace. He tugged her hair lightly.

"Ouch," she yelped, her face disgruntled as she lost the warmth of his chest.

"Nothing much, the usual," she murmured and leaned back in into his warmth.

Sehun pulled away. 

"Hun!" she pouted, exasperated with him. 

"What are you not telling me?" he asked, his eyes searching her face. 

"Nothing. After dinner, we went to the club. They had drinks, I had bottled water... I remembered," she pointedly informed him. "We chatted, joked, danced. The usual."

"I should have come to make it more exciting, eh?" he teased. Last year, he gate crashed the after exam party.

"Yeah, you should. Everyone missed you.. at payment time," she joked. At the previous party, he had quietly paid for them. 

"Oh," his face fell in disappointment.

She felt guilty. The group did mentioned about how generous Sehun was for paying their drinks the previous year, but no one was expecting him to come and pick up the tab again.  "Sorry. I was just joking. If you had come again, it would be a major problem to justify it. Last year your presence, misbehavior and generosity made it a nightmare. There were intense speculation about us."  

Detangling herself, she stood up. Smiling at the confused raised head because of her sudden movement, Sumin told him she was going to cook their dinner. "Do you want garlic bread with your pasta?" 

Sehun nodded. "Need help?" Sehun still can't cook very well but he help out as much as he can. He has improved, getting more comfortable in the kitchen. But she is only making pasta for dinner, there is nothing much to do so Sumin shook her head. She asked him to play his game or watch TV.

After dinner, Sumin was at her study table, fixing a 4000 pieces crossword puzzle. She wanted to finish it before she goes home to Busan in a couple of days. Sehun was on the bed, playing with his handphone, probably a game. Sumin was focused on finding the right piece when she was distracted by Sehun's frequent glances at her.

"Hun, what is it?" she said calmly.

"Nothing," Sehun replied and averted his eyes back to his phone. A few minutes later, Sumin could feel his eyes were back on her. Leaning away from her jigsaw puzzle, she trained her eyes on him.

"What's wrong?" she said quietly. But her tone has a firmness to it that stop Sehun from giving out any random excuse.

He smirked instead. "Come to bed," he said seductively, his voice low and husky.

Sumin rolled her eyes. She knew it was a cover up for something else that was on his mind. "It's only 9, Hun. I thought you are staying over?" Her gaze was firm and she could see Sehun seems to be struggling with something. "What is it?" she coaxed gently.

His gaze has turned solemn and his piercing eyes bored into hers. "Promise you won't get mad?" he finally spoke after several moments.

"Is this really something I would get mad?" she asked. Her brain was already considering the various things that he may say that would make her mad. She rarely gets angry at him so there could only be a few options.

"Promise?" he asked. She nodded, telling herself to hear him out calmly. 

When he saw that Sumin was waiting for him, he breathed out. "I know we talked about this. But, it still bothers me. So I just want to know. Are you going to the reunion?" There he said it. He waited with bated breath for her reaction but her face was still calm and composed.

It came as a surprise since Sumin thought the issue was settled. Clearly it still bother Sehun a lot. She sat quietly, thinking. She knew Sehun does have a jealousy streak in him and often, overreacts. She remembered the incident with Taehyung and they weren't even dating then. She thinks it relates to his general insecurity about himself. 

"I am," she answered quietly, observing closely his reaction to her answer. A look of disappointment crossed his face before he nodded, acknowledging her answer. He turned back to his phone, his brows furrowed.

She walked over to the bed and sat on her knees beside him. Their eyes locked on each other, in silence.

"Are you still worried that I would leave you for him if I were to see him or if he confess?" she asked quietly.

He shook his head. "I know you would reject him.  But I still feel unsettled and worried about you meeting him," he told her. Sumin could see the uncertainty and insecurity in his eyes.  Despite his personal achievements, Sehun still grapples with insecurity.

She cupped his cheeks and tilted his head to look at her. Gazing deeply into his eyes, she spoke softly but firmly. "I love you. Only you. Because you are an amazing person. Kind, sweet and lovable. I may have had a school girl crush on Junho. And he did make my heart flutter then. But it never moved me like you did. It never made me want to step out of my comfort zone and willing to give my heart away. That's why it was 2 years of nothing."

Feeling a tad better, Sehun gave a small smile. "But being with me is hard on you," he said softly.

Sumin nodded. "It is hard." Sehun blinked at the open admission. His heart ached to hear it. "But you are a wonderful boyfriend. I love being with you, no matter how little time it is, no matter how difficult. I wouldn't trade you, what we have, our time together for anything. We may not have a lot of time together, but each second means the world to me. I take that over a lot of meaningless time with someone else."

Sehun felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulder. From the very beginning when he started falling for Sumin, he had been worried that she may leave because she rather be in a normal relationship; with someone who she can openly date and spend more time. The thought that she would one day be frustrated at the state of their relationship had left him insecure. He slid his arms around her back and pull her closer as he hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter