In your arms again

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*I posted a chapter yesterday.. gentle reminder in case you missed it*

Chanyeol had asked the members to try the new BBQ restaurant for dinner that night. A few of the members had grumbled at the distance and was skeptical about the food since Chanyeol often likes to try new restaurant and more often than not, the food was not that great.  Sehun was especially frustrated. They just finished their training and he was hungry and tired, hence was in no mood to try something that would probably not satisfy him. But the rest of the members had agreed, so he was left with no choice but to join them. He trudged reluctantly into the relatively empty restaurant which further reaffirmed his suspicion on the poor meal that awaited him, when he was surprised by someone's shout, "Sumin-ah, its your friend Sehun." His head snapped towards the direction of the voice and his eyes landed on the girl who has been haunting him these past few months. She was staring back at him in shock, her face paled.

The world around them has gone silenced. The only sound that could be heard was of their heavy breathing and the pumping of their heart.

After what seems like the longest minute of his life, Sumin turned away and lowered her gaze to her food. "NO!" the voice in his head shouted, wanting her to not turn away. He stumbled towards her but Kyungsoo, who had been walking beside him, grabbed his arm and pulled him along. "Come, Sehun-ah," Kyungsoo whispered softly. Reluctantly Sehun allowed himself to be dragged further in the restaurant into a private dining area, his eyes still trained on her. When he sat down, his mind emptied of everything except the girl that was just outside the room. All the feelings he had buried deep inside him came tumbling out. 

"Sehun-ah," Minseok called out. "What do you want to eat?"

He raised his head towards the voice and stared blankly. His mind was still clouded. There is a blurry awareness that everyone was staring at him but he could only see her beautiful face. Softly he mumbled a noncommital answer and closed his eyes. His heart thumping loudly in his ears. Feeling a reassuring hand on his arm, he breathed in deeply.

There were many times he had wondered if it was possible to bump into her. Due to her lifestyle, he had thought the chances were low. Sumin does not really enjoy going out. Her weekends were spent at home, cleaning and making food for the week. She would occasionally travel to the mountain or lakes to do her drawings. She does join her friends for dinner, but usually these are at the typical places where college students patronise where he was unlikely to go. Hence, he was unprepared to see her a few minutes ago.

He knew she was as surprised to see him; her guileless eyes widened for some moments as they stared at each other, the atmosphere around them charged. He could not tear his eyes of the face that he had been missing. When she averted her eyes, he wanted to go to her but accepted being pulled away. Kyungsoo reminded him that they are in public and no one knew that she was his ex-girlfriend. Ex-girlfriend.. he felt like screaming because in his heart, she is still his.

When a waiter stepped into the room to take their orders, Sehun saw that the door was left slightly ajar. Leaving his hyungs to do the ordering, he pricked his ears to listen to any sound from Sumin's table, he especially awaits to hear her voice.

 

There was an awkward silence after Sehun walked away. Those who were uncertain about the relationship between Sehun and Sumin were left with no further doubts. Knowing the heavily publicised bad breakup Sehun had, and then seeing the pale, shaken Sumin at that moment, her friends were sympathetic. Yerim started a conversation topic and Lisa quickly joined in to relieve the awkward atmosphere that had descended upon the table of friends. 

Left alone with her own thoughts, Sumin gripped her chopstick so hard that her knuckles were turning white. She had wished many times to see Sehun as she had missed him terribly. Just from afar. Never did she imagined in her wildest dream that he would stand a few feet away, within her grasp. So, so close. She just needed to extend her hand and would probably be able to touch his face. Doing her meditation breathing, she tried to slow down her racing heart but no avail. Every cell in her is aware that he is close by, that they are only separated by a door several feet away. Gawd, Sumin wanted to run to him so badly. She gulped the tears that had threatened to fall.

Her phone buzzed.

 

From Yerim

You ok?

 

To Yerim

Not really. I don't think I can stay here any longer.

 

From Yerim

Do you want to go home? I'll send you.

 

To Yerim

No. You stay. I'll take a cab. Can you pay for me first? 

I'll pay you back at home. I just want to go.

 

From Yerim

Ok. I'll come back right after dinner.

 

Sumin put down her chopsticks and raised her head. Clearing , she immediately got everyone's attention. She noted their worried faces, so she gave a hesitant and awkward smile.

"I'll go home first. Yerim will pay my share. Sorry," she mumbled, her eyes refusing to meet the knowing and pity in her friends' eyes.

She flinched when Minhyuk reached out and touched her hand. "Let me send you home," he offered kindly.

Pulling her hand back, Sumin shook her head vigorously. "No, Please no. I just want to go myself." She felt panic rising at the thought if Sehun was to see the skinship.

With that, she quickly scrambled from the chair and grabbed her handbag.

After just a few steps, Jenny called out, "Sumin, your jacket!"

She turned and noticed her jacket was still hanging on the back of her chair. With a quick grateful smile, she grabbed her jacket and walked out.

 

Sehun heard the shout. She's leaving. He jumped out of his chair to follow her, brushing off Minseok's hand that tried to stop her. Pushing the door opened, he saw her almost reaching the restaurant's door.

"Su!" he called out.

Without stoppi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter