Our Precious Time

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Scanning the meat on display, Sumin was deciding which one to buy when her phone rang. TheOnlyOne was flashing.

“Could I have half a kilo of the sirloin, please,” she quickly informed the butcher before picking up the call.

“Hi,” she replied. “I’m at the supermarket now.”

“What are you buying? Making anything good?”

“Meat and maybe some seafood if I can get the brand of ramyeon that I like.”

“Just get the seafood. I’ll bring it,” Sehun commented.

Sumin scoffed. “Are you going to deliver it to my office?”

He chuckled. “I’ll personally deliver it to you. I have two days break this week. I'll fly in on Tuesday on the 7.30pm flight. I will return on Thursday morning flight. How about that?” Sehun told her excitedly.

“Oh!” Her tone was flat.

Disappointed at the lackluster response, Sehun asked if she doesn’t want him to come. He had been elated to see the empty window in his schedule and immediately make the required reservations, thinking she would be excited too.

“It’s not that Hun. I would love for you to visit. Really. I do miss you…” her voice trailed away.

“But..” he added for her. He could sense a huge but in her sentence.

“It’s actually a busy week for me. Its reporting week and I don’t think I can take time away from work,” she explained.

“Not even one day? I would arrive past midnight on Tuesday. And leave on Thursday morning. So I will only be in Hong Kong on Wednesday,” he explained.

Biting her lips, she tried to rearrange her work in her head that may enable her to be free on Wednesday.

“Baby,” Sehun interrupted her thoughts. “It’s ok. I really want to see you. So even if you have to work on Wednesday, its fine. I will wait for you. You try to come back as early as possible on Wednesday, ok?”

“You sure Hun?” she asked meekly, feeling so guilty. Its been 5 weeks since they got back together. And he is making the effort to visit her, yet she can’t be with him for that one day.

“100%. I really want to see you.”

After they hang up, Sumin picked up her beef and asked for another half kilo. She also picked up additional items. She was going to cook for him when he is in town and the excitement at making food for him again bubbled inside her.

 

“Sweetheart,” he nudged her lightly.

It’s past 1am when Sehun arrived at the apartment. He found Sumin sleeping awkwardly on the sofa. He had told her not to wait up for him since he was arriving late.

Opening her eyes, it immediately brightened up when it landed on his face.

“Hun!”

She launched herself off the sofa and wrapped her arms around his neck. Sehun, who was crouching by the sofa earlier, almost landed on his but his dancing skill help to stabilize himself.

“Whoa! What a warm welcome!” He chuckled as he hugged her back. He held her tightly, loving the feel of her small body, warm and smelling so sweet that it was intoxicating. And the way she was clinging on to him, hugging him close with her nose buried in the crook of his neck made him feel on top of the world. She missed him too.

Rubbing her back slowly, “Why did you wait up for me? I told you I be late.”

“I didn’t want to miss you coming in,” she mumbled against his neck.

He smirked. “I would wake you up when I get in.”

“Then I would miss a couple of minutes,” she pouted.

Sehun chuckled. She is being so adorable, very different from her normal calm and down to earth character.

Pulling away slightly and tilting her head so he can look into her eyes, he beamed at the beautiful girl gazing adoringly up at him.

“You missed me?”

She nodded, looking a bit disgruntled that he even asked her that.

His hand reached out and tuck the stray hair behind the back of her ear.

“I missed you a lot too.” He pressed his lips lightly on top of her head.

“Sweetheart, I’ve been out the whole day. Can I shower quickly first?”

In response, she snuggled back into his body and held him close for several moments. Then she stood up and pulled him along to the bedroom where the bathroom is.

“Do you want to join me?” he winked.

She snorted. The toilet is already too small for one, squeezing two persons would be impossible. Sumin watched him sauntered into the bathroom before running to her closet to get her surprise.

She knelt on the bed watching him coming out of the bathroom, in his jogger with his upper body bare, showing off his chiseled abs that was glistening from the shower. His head was lowered as he dried his hair with a towel. He dropped the towel into the laundry basket.

“Su..” Sehun stood agape when his eyes landed on her. His eyes grew in intensity as it bore onto hers that Sumin could feel her cheeks heated up. Wavering, she is regretting her decision. She lowered her eyes, avoiding the intensity of his gaze.

Sehun took the few steps forward and tilted her head up. He saw the nervousness and shyness in her eyes, the biting of her lips and the gulping of non-existent saliva.

“Is this my belated birthday gift or an advance one?” he asked, his voice low and husky.

Sumin had worn a cream silk spaghetti straps baby doll dress. The spaghetti strap is a couple of thin ribbon tied on the shoulder. The dress cinched just under her , holding it up delicately while it flared below to stop just below her hip, covering her necessity yet leaving a lot to the imagination. It was a birthday gift from Yerim the previous year, as a prompt that there should be life after Sehun. But Sumin had tried it once, thought it was beautiful and kept it in the closet, never had the need for it before today. Now she felt embarrassed after seeing the look in Sehun’s eyes. This was so not her.

She bit her lips and tried to avert her eyes again but Sehun nudged her back. She shivered as he traced his fingers that was on her cheek, down her jawline. It lingered at the base of her neck, causing her pulse to quicken, before it delicately brushed the curve of her down the valley between her . Sehun eyes continued holding her gaze, even as his finger trailed sensually.

He leaned forward towards her ear, his hot breath blowing lightly against her skin. She closed her eyes.

“Baby, were you trying to seduce me?”

Her eyes opened wide. She didn’t think of it from that point of view. She had thought it was finally an opportunity to wear the pretty night dress and thought he would like to see her in something different from her usual short set or tee and joggers. Her face crimsoned deeply.

His chuckles when he pulled away to check on her silence and found her red in embarrassment, discomfit her further. He gathered her tighter in his arms. “I love it. But sweetie, it would be better if you could tone down the blush.”

She tried to pull away and slap his chest. She was already embarrassed, and he is making fun of her. But Sehun continued to while refusing to let her go.

 

Sehun woke up from a deep sleep when his stomach growl. The food on the flight wasn’t great so he had the bread and some crackers for his dinner. He hoped Sumin’s fridge has more ingredients than before or maybe she could have made something for him to eat before she went to work.

After washing up, he steered towards the kitchen. But stopped in surprise when he found Sumin seated on the living room floor, working on her laptop. Sitting down beside her, he pecked her lips as she turned towards him.

“Why aren’t you at work?”

Lips curling into a smile, she told him, “Because you are here, I want to be with you. Every second of it.”

His heart warmed immediately. She’s really good at making him feel extra special. But he remembered it was important week at work for her. “Your work?”

“Yesterday I completed all the things that needed done by today. And I will continue the rest tomorrow. But someone sent the wrong attachment, so I am just making some amendments. Could you wait a bit? We’ll have breakfast shortly. There’s coffee in the kitchen,” she explained.

“Thank you,” as he kissed forehead and stood up to leave her to her work.

He poured himself a cup of coffee and sat at the breakfast table, checking out his messages. Occasionally he raised his head and smiled at his hardworking girlfriend.

Her phone rang.

“Ya Freddy! I’m just about to send it to you. Give me a minute.” She has the speaker so that she can continue to work while talking to her colleague.

“Sumin-ah, why did you choose to take leave today? You know how everyone panic when they realise you were on leave,” Freddy’s whine could be heard through the phone.

Sumin paused and glanced at the phone, annoyed, before continuing her work.

“I have something important.”

“What can be so important that you cannot schedule it after this week?” Freddy went on.

Sumin turned towards Sehun and gave him an apologetic smile.

“Freddy, I have completed all my task. It would not have been an issue if I was not given the wrong file in the first place,” Sumin explained.

A sigh was heard.

“I know. I’m not blaming you. Definitely Sunny should not have made that mistake. But still, I thought it is understood no one takes leave this week. What is it? Why must you take leave? What if there is something else that needed to be done.”

Sumin cleared . She knew Freddy was just griping but she didn’t want Sehun to feel guilty.

“I’ve just sent the file to you. I’ll be around to attend to any other mistakes. Bye,” she quickly wanted to put down the phone.

“Sumin!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter