She's The One

Our Beautiful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather has been getting colder yet Sumin and her friends chose to study at the table out in the garden, wrapped up in their jackets. With the sun shining brightly, the cold air is refreshing. Finals are coming in a few weeks; assignments and class tests are over, its the last few weeks to complete the syllabus, revisions and a weeklong study period. Sumin raised her head from her books when she heard the shuffling of papers at the table. Li Ann and Jenny are packing their stuff as their next class is starting in 5 minutes.

"Bye! We see you later at lunch," Li Ann bids as she step away from the table.

Jenny turned to Sumin, and with a pleading look, she made another attempt, "Please, pretty please Sumin. Could you think about it? We are really curious about your boyfriend. Ask him to join our dinner. Even better our post exam party!" Jenny was the first one that spotted Sumin and Sehun kissing on campus and hence had quite a good look on the couple. She is really curious about the guy because with his tall and lean physique and the protective way he held Sumin while kissing her, he gave this overpowering aura of someone handsome.  This is amazing since Sumin is very shy especially with other guys and didn't seem comfortably with assertive guys. She is really keen to know how did the two met and how their relationship blossomed. But Sumin had refused to say anything beyond the fact that the guy is not a student at their caompus. She kept a tight lid on on everything else. Jenny, however, has a suspicion that Yerim knew the guy.

Sumin just gave her a wan smile as she wondered when Jenny would stop.

Yerim turned to Jenny and with clear irritation in her voice, told her, "Sumin has said she doesn't want to many times. Its her private life. Leave her alone. Just go to your class." Jenny threw Yerim an annoying look before storming off.

After the two girls left, Yerim looked at Sumin who was staring into space. The following day after they were caught, their friends had bombarded Sumin about her boyfriend. Sumin had admitted about her 2 year relationship but insisted on keeping it still a closely guarded secret. Their friends had begged to see his photo but Sumin had steadfastly refused. She was then further questioned about the reason behind the secrecy; is he married, a chaebol, an Idol and some others possibilities that were just simply ridiculous. Sumin had firmly told them that she is a private person. Although the bombardment has reduced considerably, occasionally someone, like Jenny would mention again, especially when there are talks of group dinners or outings.

Yerim thought that Sumin had handled it well, though she can be firmer with some of their friends who continue to bug her.  What worries her though is that there are times, like today when Sumin would then stare into space, lost in her own thoughts. She had asked once whether Sumin wished she can introduce Sehun to her friends, but she had shook her head. It was never important to her that others know who her boyfriend is.

The positive thing from the whole cat out of the bag case is the persistent guys who had confessed or shown interest in Sumin, upon hearing that she has a boyfriend, had moved on. Though some complained that she should have informed them that she has a boyfriend, instead of just saying no which, apparently gave them some hope of a chance with her.

Minhyuk was one who had harboured hope of having a relationship with her even though she had rejected him. Sumin told Yerim that Minhyuk had asked her when she said she didnt want to date someone from school earlier, she actually meant that she was already dating someone outside school. When she admitted that she was already dating someone then, Minhyuk was disappointed that Sumin could not be more honest with him since they are good friends. Sumin felt terrible about it.

Unknown to Sumin and Yerim, Minhyuk had suspicion that Sumin is dating Sehun after the club party when Sehun joined them. As a guy, he could tell when the interactions between a guy and a girl are between just normal friends. He had seen a closeness between them which is misplaced especially for someone as shy as Sumin. And the secrecy that Sumin is protecting support that she may be dating Sehun, an Idol. The only off thing that debunk his suspicion was that Sumin told him that she was the one who wanted their relationship to be a secret.

"You ok?" Yerim asked.

Sumin turned her head towards Yerim and raised a questioning eyebrow. "Yeah, why?"

"You staring into space again," she pointed out.

Sumin gave her a small smile. "Sehun is back this morning and went to visit his parents. I was just thinking whether he is being pressured to bring me over again," she sighed. "It's not that I do not want to meet his family, but we really have no opportunities. He is rarely free on the weekend. I feel bad that he may be stressed about it."

Yerim nodded understandingly. "Is he coming over today then? You haven't seen him for more than a week right? Unless he sneaks in the middle of the night, takes his pleasure and disappears before the morning comes."

Sumin glanced at her bestfriend and rolled her eyes. "Is that all you think of?" she scoffed.

"Hey, give me a break. I haven't had for a couple of months. Let me be jealous of someone who gets it on a regular basis," Yerim protested. In recent months, Yerim has lost interest in mindless . There are always opportunities, especially from her previous indulgences which normally she used to enjoy as both parties are clearly interested only in no string attached . But she has lost pleasure in it. 

Sumin held her friend's hand and smiled, "Maybe it's time to give love a chance." She had respected Yerim's viewpoint although Sumin never understood the idea of being intimate with someone without any feeling involved. For her, it is an act of love and the idea of even kissing someone that she has no feeling for is already loathsome.

Yerim cannot deny that she has become envious of the love between Sumin and Sehun. Before, she used to think how tedious and restrictive it is to be committed to one person. But she saw how despite the many challenges that both of them face, their love give them strength and a sense of contentment that intrigue her. 

Smiling at her friend in return, she ignored the comment and asked, "You haven't answered me. Is Sehun coming over today?"

"No. He is at his parents'. They are flying off tomorrow on a 2 weeks' vacation that he gifted them for their anniversary. He is sending them to the airport," she explained. "He'll be over tomorrow for dinner."

Yerim nodded. "Ok, I'll made dinner plans tomorrow then."

"Why? Just join us for dinner," Sumin insisted. "We'll be having BBQ. Sehun would be buying the meats and bringing his mom's banchan."

Yerim shook her head. "I'm always third wheeling the two of you.  Just enjoy the privacy this time."

Sumin frowned. She never felt like Yerim was an intrusion to her time with Sehun.   "I'll ask Sehun if any of s could join us for dinner. You'll have dinner with us then?" She refused to accept a no for an answer.

 

"Who is coming?" Yerim asked. They were in the elevator to their apartment.

Sumin shrugged. "Sehun agreed to bring someone."

"You are not tricking me right? I'll walk out if there is only Sehun," Yerim threatened.

Sumin rolled her eyes. "Stop being dramatic. He'll bring someone," she sighed.

 

Sehun took out the indoor bbq grill and set it on the table. He then plated the banchan, leaves and sauces. Baekhyun watched at how comfortable Sehun in the house and nudged Chanyeol, who was looking through the stack of game discs. "He looked like a married man," Baekhyun whispered. Chanyeol directed his eyes towards Sehun who was busy moving around the kitchen and dining table.

"Do you need any help Sehunnie?" Chanyeol called out.

Sehun stopped arranging the items on the table and stood up. "I'm ok hyung." 

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun, "Yeah, he doesn't even do much at the dorm but here, its like his own home." Baekhyun nodded affirmatively.

They turned their head towards the door when they heard the sound of the door keypad. Yerim entered the house, followed by Sumin close behind. 

Baekhyun waved, "Hey, we are here. I hope you don't mind we came when you are not home. Sehun dragged us in."

Yerim and Sumin chuckled. While Sumin received a hug from Sehun who had appeared by her side, Yerim walked towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun to greet them. "I'm so glad to see the two of you."

"Yerim, why suddenly you don't want to eat with just us?" Sehun voiced out.

Yerim turned towards him. "I reached my limit to all the lovey dovey nonsense from the two of you," she scoffed. 

Before Sehun could retort, Sumin pulled him to the kitchen and distracted him with the food he brought. She also noticed Yerim had been reacting differently towards their relationship and is giving time for her to open up on the matter.

 

They sat around the table enjoying grilled korean beef as Chanyeol was quite adept in grilling the meat perfectly. 

"Sumin-ah, have you seen the latest magazine that our Sehunnie on the cover?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun had recently appeared on the cover of Vogue China's magazine, the first Korean celebrity to grace it. 

Sumin smiled. "Yes. Very handsome," she replied shyly as her cheeks turned slightly pink. 

Baekyun nodded. "Another sold out magazine within an hour of the opening for pre-order, just because he was on their front cover."

"Sehun seems extra popular in China. His fan bases there seems to be ever so willing to spend on his. What with the adverts and projects all over the world, especially on his birthday" Yerim added.

Sumin glanced at Sehun who didn't react to the comments and just ate his meat. 

"Why Sehun specifically? I know all of you are popular too, but Sehun's popularity in China seems to surpass everyone else in the group," Sumin said quietly. Hearing her comment, Sehun turned to her and tried to read her face.

Smiling, she asked Sehun to continue eating. "I'm just curious. What about you that the mainlander find extra attractive."

"Our Sehunnie apparently has the looks that Chinese likes. And he does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter