The After Party

Love on Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9. The After Party

 

RV’s nearing comeback had been a talk of the town lately. Top idols, models, actors, producers and advertisers were expected to be at the groups after party. This mean, it’s a huge opportunity for any personality to get noticed by the advertisers as these parties tend to be a huge pond of opportunities.

Meanwhile, with the group’s upcoming concert, although it had been announced all over social media, they’re still in need of huge brand sponsors to market the said event, making it feasible for the rest of the people that will work for the concert. This include; the staff, organizers, equipment’s, wardrobe, venue, etc.

“You girls have been invited to RV’s after party. This is a huge opportunity for you guys to rack some sponsors towards your upcoming concert. This would be a great time for you to socialize with other idols that were invited outside of our company. We have to show the media that you girls adjust easily towards other people and make it known that Jennie and Irene are in fact friends in real life. This means that the fan base of RV would most likely support your concert as well if they see an appearance from you guys. Meaning, this is a huge marketing strategy to promote your concert outside of your fan base.” The group’s manager stated as the four sat across the conference room.

 “Do we absolutely need to be there? I mean I don’t think we need more fans going to the concert because from what I see, it looks like the tickets are going sold out anyway?” Jennie disagreeing towards their manager’s statement.

“Yes, you absolutely have to go. It’s not only for the fans but like I said, you still need sponsors for your concert to be able to earn those profits and for us to be able to pay the people that will work for the concert.” The manager explained.

“I think that works in our favour anyway. All we have to do is make sure we stick together, smile for the cameras and make sure our presence is known.” Jisoo agreeing at the proposal while placing her hands across her chest.

“Well it looks like you’re really going to the party after all.” Chaeng eyed Lisa while this made the manager curious. “You knew about this? Did someone invite you already?” The manager asked. “Well, Irene called me earlier while we were at the studio.” Lisa said almost hesitantly. “I didn’t really think much of the party and I didn’t say yes to the invitation either because I knew we have a busy schedule.” Lisa said.

 

“I didn’t know you were friends with Irene too?” The manager asked in surprise. “Yeah, I met her when I was in Thailand. She went there for a vacation and she approached me at the airport by chance. We hung out before I left and kept in contact ever since.” Lisa explained. This is even better! That means it’ll be easier for you guys to be there.” The manager clapped as if the situation had been resolved. “Hah. You’d think so but it’s going to be world war 7 there.” Jisoo said almost as if she were mumbling.  “What’s that?” The manager asked. “Nothing oppa. I just said it is going to be fun! We’ll work hard on those sponsors!” Jisoo said diverting the issue. “That’s more like it!” The manager said.

The meeting ended at the finality of the four girls attending RV’s after party. While Jennie didn’t exactly agree to the plan, she knew it was the best thing to do as a group.

 

 

“I’m going to be with you the whole time we’re there.” Lisa told the girl whom she thought looked unsettled. “But you can’t be wearing those short dresses there!” Lisa added. This prompted the girl to smile. “Why can’t I though? I always wear one! And I want to look nice.” Jennie said. “But it’s too y! And other people will be there and they will look! And I can’t do anything about that because I, myself will definitely look too!” Lisa said with panic-stricken across her face. Jennie laughed at the girl’s childish remark and decided to be playful. “But I think you’re the only one allowed to take them off?” Jennie flirtatiously said and then winked at the girl.

 

Lisa’s eyes widened at the girl’s provocative words and gasped as she put a hand on her chest.

“Yaa! Yaa! Jennie-Unnie, what are you doing to me?! Don’t be talking about things like that!” Lisa said as she fumbled and fanned herself. “You don’t even let me sleep in your bed!” The girl uttered.  Jennie laughed at the girl’s reaction and said “Well you never know maybe one of these days, I’ll let you.” Jennie then winked at the girl for the second time as they exited the company building. She walked away from Lisa to go with Jisoo back to their van.

 

“Ya. I swear that girl…” Lisa said in disbelief.

 

 

Friday arrived sooner than anticipated. The girls had the stylists over at their dorm to prepare them for their after party look. “Wuh, Jennie-unnie looks really beautiful.” Chaeng expressed her admiration towards the member. “She really is.” Lisa said agreeing towards the girl’s reaction.  Jennie then twirled and flaunted her looks wearing a smile on her face. Lisa then walked up towards Jennie and smiled at her. She then stood next to the girl, kissed her cheek and held pinkies with her. “You look very beautiful.” Lisa told the girl.

 

“Alright, alright! Before the ants begin attacking these two we should start heading out already. Remember you guys. The reason we’re going to the party is to make an appearance to look good for our possible sponsors. Let’s stick together and work our asses off! Most of all, let’s not forget that there will be eyes watching us. Jennie, I know you and Irene might not be in good terms for now but let’s admit she is still your friend and she’s been your friend for quite some time now. Let’s put those differences aside at least for tonight and do what we came to do. Please try not to let your emotions get the best of you and lastly, Lisa it all comes down to you. Can you at least try not being too friendly with Irene? I know it’s their party that we’re going but you know what I’m saying right? I’m sorry if this is against what you might want and that you’re friendly by nature but we have a lot at stake tonight. Our manager oppa gave us this opportunity for our own good. Let’s not give Jennie a reason to be grumpy tonight shall we? Chaeng and I will make sure things go according to plan.  Do you guys agree?” Jisoo then asked the group after her giving her members a pep talk. As the group’s eldest, she felt the need to take care of them and make sure none of them do things that they might regret in the future.

 

The younger members agreed in unison as they formed a circle and put their hands in on top of each other. “1-2-3, Fighting!” The girls voiced in unison putting their game faces on.

 

As the girls arrived at the Grand Hyatt, The paparazzi were already anticipating for the arrival of the top personalities that were attending the party. This were treated as a highly exclusive party for the personalities who have established themselves in the industry. The four were nervous but braved their entrances as the cameras welcomed them with bright flashes across their faces.

 

On the side note, this made Lisa feel a little uneasy being the only foreigner in their group.  She had always worked twice as hard from the rest of the group. From how she spoke, to how she looked, up to how she sang and performed. – If she dressed too much or if she was dressed differently from the rest of her members during a performance, If she talks less, people would question if she can even speak fluent Korean having stayed in the country for quite some time now, people would make hundreds of headlines about those things plastered all over the internet instead of praising her talent of dancing. How people see her gave both positive and negative approach towards her career. She didn’t want to be labelled different when she’s been doing the exact same thing as her fellow members. However, she is thankful she was able to book international brand deals and fans from outside the country seem to adore her and her model like physique. People took notice of the smallest thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter