Love Conquers All

Love on Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20. Love Conquers All

FINALE

 

3 months had passed since Jennie and Lisa broke up. Whenever there were public appearances from the group, is about the only time the two interacted.  Lisa gave Jennie her space but at the same time, it hurt her to see that the girl she love is still hurting.  Whenever they were home, Jennie would lock herself up in her room and keep herself away from everyone. She would talk to Jisoo and Chaeng but would avoid Lisa. -- It was never the same after.  Lisa found out how Jennie stood up against her father that day they broke up. She never thought Jennie would go up against her father like that but at the same time, she felt horrible that she couldn’t do the same for the girl at that time. She should have trusted her with all her heart but fear took over her judgement. She misses Jennie. Regret took over her thoughts every day and she knew to herself she screwed up big time. She needs to figure something out.

 

 

The four of them went in their ride after their rehearsal. They have an upcoming concert after their previous one became a success. The rides everyday became different as the loud laughs from the four weren’t evident anymore. Jennie always sat at the passenger seat while the three of them stayed at the backseat of the van. As their ride goes, Daniel Bedingfield’s if you’re not the one played on the radio.  As the song plays, Jisoo felt Lisa’s uneasiness towards the song that was playing.

 

I don't want to run away but I can't take it,
I don't understand,
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way I can stay in your arms?

 

If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you're not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?

 

Jisoo then looked at Chaeng and signalled her to change the radio station. To which the girl did. But fate must have been playing with Lisa telling her to step up her game and pull her head out of her . The song playing was none other than walk away by Lany.

Lisa’s eyes grew wide as the song plays. She then looked at Jennie who sat at the front seat and found her looking out the window.

 

You and I would be just fine
if I was the one
to stay the day and waste away
but I tend to run

I'm too good at leaving love
I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be

Jisoo then took the matters in her own hand and tried to turn off the radio. “No unnie, don’t. Leave it playing.” Jennie said as Jisoo settled back to her seat and then looked at Lisa.

 

It ain't fair, I don't care
don’t know what to say
Say the song, life goes on
I wish I could change

I'm too good at leaving love
I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be

Walk away, walk away

 


When the girls finally made it home, the usual happened. Jennie went straight to her room as the three stayed in the living room. “Jisoo unnie, I want to get Jennie back and apologize but I don’t know where to start.” Lisa said as she sulked in the living room. “Oh, Lalisa, I am not telling you what to do this time. You have to figure that on your own. What do you think Jennie wants? Start from there and then you’ll know what to do then.” Jisoo told Lisa as she gave it a thought.

 She did know what to do.  “I need to go to Cheongdam unnie.” Lisa said. She then stood up and went out of their dorm. Chaeng saw Lisa leave the dorm. She then asks Jisoo, “Where is Lisa going unnie?” pointing at the door where Lisa had exited. “She’s going to do what she’s supposed to from the very beginning.” Jisoo said as she smirks.

“I’m sorry unnie, I do not follow?” Chaeng said with a confused look on her face. “She’s going to Cheongdam.” Jisoo then cleared. “Oh my god!!!! About time!” Chaeng jumps in excitement. “I think she is going to finally accept our help when she comes back here Chaeng.” Jisoo said as she smiled. “I think the four of us will be okay again.” Jisoo said. “I hope you are right unnie.” Chaeng responded.

 

“Mr Kim, I’m in Cheongdam. I hope you can make time and meet me where we’ve met before we need to talk.”

Lisa hit’s the send button and could only hope for the best. Not long after, Jennie’s father responded. “I am here, come on up.”

 

Lisa then walks-in inside the building and prayed to all the Gods that her plan will work. She has to start somewhere and this is the first stop. Face Jennie’s father and fight for her like hell.—

 

 

Both of them sat the way they did the first time they met in the same building. “What are you doing here Lisa?” Jennie’s father asked. “I came here to tell you that I love your daughter very much. I’ve wronged her and I’ve hurt her. I cannot stand seeing her miserable because her father didn’t do much to support her and the girl she loves couldn’t put up a good fight for her. I am good for her sir as she is to me. She’s the best thing that ever happened to me and I hurt her by thinking that what you offer to her would make her life better. To an extent, you are right. She’ll be able to live a very comfortable life without needing to even do anything but you know it gets lonely at the top and that is the worst thing you can ever do to her. She doesn’t deserve that Mr Kim. Your daughter deserves all the love in the world. The money we cannot take with us when we die but love is something we experience and not everyone is lucky enough to find it.  It’s one of the best feelings in the world and I want that for her. I want to love her at my best she only deserves the best. You might not agree with me and people will eventually find out about me and Jennie but that’s the risk I’m willing to take at a chance to love and happiness. The times are changing sir. It’s not as bad as how you think it is. Let me love your daughter Mr. Kim I am asking you with all due respect and I’m hoping you reconsider and think about what your daughter truly deserves. We both failed at giving her that and she doesn’t deserve the pain she’s going through right now.” Lisa said as she stood and moved away from her chair and did the unexpected. She then knelt before Jennie’s father and begged. “Please Mr Kim, let me do the right thing.”

 

Jennie’s dad sat in silence as he put a hand on Lisa’s shoulder which she did not expect. He then taps the girl lightly and tells her to stop kneeling. The man looked away from Lisa afraid that she might see his expression. Sadness, guilt and most of all pain. He was hurting as well. After his encounter with his daughter, the man could not face what he did to her only child.

 

“You are brave Lisa, I can tell why my Jennie is drawn to you.” Jennie’s father acknowledged. “I’m not brave sir. I’m a coward. If there’s anyone that’s brave here, that is your daughter.” Lisa said. “Love my daughter well Lisa.” Jennie’s father said. “I’ve wronged her and I did not do a good job as her father and I will have to live with that guilt all my life.” Jennie’s father said.

 

“It’s not yet too late sir, you can still make it up to her. Give her the right kind of love and support her. You cannot turn back time but you can still make new memories with her. Life is short Mr. Kim from what I’ve realized. This is my reckoning and it’s not too late for you to make it right either.”

 

 

Lisa and Jennie’s father had an understanding that moment. Finally. Lisa said to herself. Maybe time is indeed what was needed for us to realize ones worth. Jennie paid the price for it but in reality, everyone makes mistakes. What they can do is to continue to work on being for their selves so that they can love at their best. To live is to love and to love is to live.

 

As Lisa arrives back home, she sees Jisoo and Chaeng still in the living room. “You guys are still awake?” Lisa asked the two. “Yes, we waited for you. We are now relieved that you’re still alive. And the other reason is we’re dying to know what happened.” Jisoo said as curiosity builds up with the two. Lisa then smiles and told the girls about what happened. “It’s now time for the second mission unnie, she told the girls about her plan and the three of them agreed to it in unison. “Let’s do it! We’ll be right by you Lisa. It’s the four of us and we’re a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter