The Calm

Love on Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14. The Calm

 

 

As the concert is almost around the corner, the girls felt nervous and excited at the same time. They had been working hard to showcase a perfect performance for their fans the people that are close to them and most of all, for themselves. “I can’t believe this is happening in a couple of days! I’m so proud of all us! Sometimes I think I’m still dreaming!” Chaeng said as she rested on stage during their concert rehearsal as the four of them sat together. “I know right? Exactly right on this stage we’ll be performing for thousands of people! Lisa how about you? Are your parents coming to watch you at the concert?” Jisoo asked. “Yes unnie, although I’m not going to be able to see them until after our concert because they’ll arrive on the same date and we’ll be very busy preparing here. I’m excited and nervous at the same time though, this is the first concert they’ll see so I’m quite unsure how to react to it but I hope they’ll be proud of me.” Lisa said. “Of course they’ll be proud of you silly! Their daughter is very talented and loved by many!” Jennie said.

 

“I’m glad your parents are going to be able to make it on our concert! This is big for all of us. I hope we do a great job at it! After our concert, things are going to even be more ridiculous with our schedules. Let’s make a promise that whatever happens, we’ll keep our feet on the ground and that we’ll always be here for each other. I love all of you girls and doing this together, the four of us is the happiest thing. We’ve gone through so much, and I know we’ll still change and learn but I hope when that happens, it’ll be a change to better ourselves more. Fighting!” Jisoo said as she hugged her members with all smiles.

 

“Do you think after the concert is the best time to tell our parents? Mine will be here and I think I’d want to take that chance and tell them about us. What do you think?” Lisa asked Jennie as they sat on break. “Are you sure you want to do that?” Jennie asked the girl. “I think so, it might be a while after I see them again.” Lisa explained. “If you’re telling your parents, I think it’s best if I tell mine too at the same time. Do you think having both over for lunch would work? I mean, if we’re telling, might as well tell them at the same time.” Jennie suggested. “I think that’s a good idea. We can’t really go out in a public place so maybe we can invite them over at the dorm and prepare for lunch ourselves.” Lisa said. “Yeah, I can cook and impress your mom, after all she taught me a lot of dishes and that might make her like me for you -- Wow all of a sudden I’m nervous, are you sure we’re doing this?” Jennie asked. “I already love all of the dishes you cook, it’s close to home and I’m glad it’s you who made it.” Lisa praised the girl as she subtly nudges Jennie and added “Yes, we’re doing this. I want them to know we love each other and we always work on bettering ourselves for each other.”

 

“What if they don’t approve though? There’s always that and I’m kind of nervous to tell my parents especially my dad because I really don’t see him very often. What if they disapprove? What do we do?” Jennie asked with a worried look on her face. “Then we’ll have to keep proving that we’re right for each other to them.” Lisa said. “It’s time for the dry runs ladies, put on your ear pieces.” Jisoo told the girls. “We can talk more about this later, right now we need to put our heads in the game first and polish the crap out of our performance shall we?” Lisa said as Jennie nodded and stood up from where she was seated.

 

 

 

 

The day of the concert arrived as the girls had slept early the night before. They needed a full long night rest to be able to handle today’s biggest event. Lisa woke up the earliest and knocked at the member’s room to wake them up. “Yo ladies it’s judgement day! Get your asses out of bed and wake up so we can eat breakfast! We’re not going to be able to have anything today until after our concert and it’s going to be so busy oh my god I am so ing nervous wow my parents are arriving today what the this is really happening wake up, wake up!!” Lisa said as she knocked at the members doors pacing back and forth as it’s starting to hit her that thousands of people are coming to their concert later and her parents coming to see her perform for the first time and to add that she’ll be breaking them the biggest news of her life at the moment. -- Jennie.

 

“Ya, Lalisa, calm the hell down, usually, you’re the most relaxed on occasions like these but it seems like the tables have turned.” Jisoo said as she cackles. “I’m already up, I’ve actually been up for a while now I was just savouring the moment with my bed, and I know it’s going to be a long day. I am nervous too though!” Jisoo said. “JENDEUKIE!!! Wake up!” Jisoo shouted. “5 more minutes!” Jennie answered back with a grumpy voice. “Damnit she always says 5 minutes. I’m going to go to her room and wake her up.” Lisa said as she marches towards Jennie’s room.

 

“Jennie, c’mon wake up. Jisoo and I are already up we’re going to have breakfast today before our long day starts.” Lisa pulls Jennie up as she tries to wake her up.  “Nooo.” Jennie fought Lisa’s pull as if trying to get back to bed. “C’mon do you want me to drag you out of your bed?” Lisa threatened the girl as she chuckles. “No, carry me though.” Jennie lazily said. Lisa then pulled Jennie out of the bed as she lifted the girl up. Jennie then wrapped her arms and legs around Lisa as she carried her. She then kissed Lisa as the girl returned the favour. “You should wake me up like this every day.” Jennie whispered. “Good Morning.” Lisa said as she put the girl down and leaned her against the door as she kissed her more. “This is for good luck.” Lisa added

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter