Part 1: Lisa

Love on Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello readers! I’ve decided to split this chapter into two parts. Part one will be Lisa’s side of the story and Part two will be Jennie’s side of the story. Thank you!

Chapter 10. Part 1: Lisa

 

“I can’t keep doing this.” Lisa told Jisoo as she entered the room seemingly looking for advice. “Soon as she gives me those pouts, I give in so easy, it’s almost unfair. I’m still upset about the whole ordeal but at the same time, I can’t really stay mad at her.”

“Well hello to you too.” Jisoo said as the girl went inside her room and sat on the floor. “What exactly happened anyway? I also have to apologize to you. I was so occupied on getting those sponsors for us and didn’t really think things through. We, dancing with RV was a bad idea from the beginning. Chaeng was hesitant about it and I should have been too.” Jisoo said apologetically. “No unnie, I understand what you did and even if I was uncomfortable about the situation, I could have gone with it because it meant good reputation for us. But what’s not okay was Jennie giving color to anything that I do with Irene or other people that didn’t have anything to do with her.” Lisa said in frustration.

“What I don’t seem to get is how people think I couldn’t make my own decisions and do what’s right. I maybe an idiot at times but unnie, I’m capable of identifying what’s right and what’s wrong. What happened then and there was part of our service. How am I supposed to act when people are looking at us? Shove Irene away? Jennie told me right there on the dance floor that I seem to be enjoying Irene’s attention way too much.” Lisa sighed as she felt like she didn’t know what else to do.

 

“Ahh! . I told her to take control of her emotions before we left for the party. But I think Jennie reacted the way she did is because she knows Irene’s intentions towards you and she felt threatened. She may know you won’t do something about it but she’s been friends with Irene, you and I both know that and I guess she knows Irene’s personality more than you and I both know.” Jisoo explained trying to make sense of the things that happened overnight.

 

“But unnie, remember that day when we were at rehearsal? I knew about the conversation she had with Irene. I assured her that it’s her that I want. Why can’t I be friends with other people? Irene might like me yes, okay that might be possible but we haven’t had a serious talk about that. You know I don’t play around unnie. You may think I have a playful personality but not towards those kind of things. Irene seem genuine to me and I do like her company. If I want to be friends with her, I will tell her my intentions and expectations to avoid conflict but that has not happened yet at all. We barely hung out because Jennie made that impossible.”

 

“Time and time again, I’ve grown accustomed to the four of us together. We have been working and living together ever since we were trainees. I consider you guys my family already but why is it that I feel like I can’t see other people besides the ones that are already in our inner circle? Jennie and I, have established recently that we like each other unnie. That took a long time before it actually came to that point and now I’m still being patient with her not really saying it out loud to me. I was happy when she wrote it and showed me and I told her I’d wait until she is comfortable. But her being constantly jealous about small things and me having to watch every move not wanting to upset her all the time when she couldn’t even say she like me is unfair to me.” Lisa expressed her frustration with her voice almost breaking as tears were starting to form in her eyes.

 

The girl swallowed hard as she tries to hold back the tears that were forming. “I’m a big girl unnie, I won’t cry but this hurts. She puts a smile to my face and at the same time, she takes it away too.”

 

 

Jisoo felt Lisa’s pain as the girl spoke honestly to her. She’s never seen the girl this sad over the past years they’ve lived together except for when she missed her parents when they were still trainees. She remembered the girl bawling her eyes out as she missed her family at night. She also saw how Jennie paid attention to her as they got close through the years. Jennie would go with Lisa on vacations, she would invite her to family dinners and this made the girl feel included. They’ve spent a lot of time together as they built a strong foundation of friendship up until that friendship blossomed into something more. The two of them have changed as the time passed.  They’ve grown so comfortable towards each other to the point that Jennie is not Jennie without Lisa and Lisa is not Lisa without Jennie.  At this point, Jisoo couldn’t find the right words to comfort the young girl instead, she said; “Lalisa, you are big girl right? I may not know how painful it is, or what’s there in your heart but whatever you decide to do, unnie will be here and I will support you. You can come to me okay? Don’t keep it all bottled up in there” Jisoo said as she pointed her index finger towards Lisa’s chest.

 

 

Lisa continued to sit on the floor as she clenched her fists trying to hold back the tears that were forming. What Jisoo said made sense to her. Hearing her say the things she said comforted her in a way but also scared her at the same time. She knew what she needs to do. For once, she knew she has to think of herself first rather than taking others into consideration before her but at the same time, couldn’t br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter