The Storm

Love on Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello readers, Brace yourselves, this is by far the longest chapter I’ve written and it’s quite necessary. Thank you all! And without further ado, Here’s chapter 15.

 

Chapter 15. The Storm

 

Last night’s concert was the biggest, most talked about event ever in a while. The fans were surprised with back to back performances of the group’s original songs, cover songs, solo productions and whole new level of energy from the group. They were praised by the media, big brands and fans all over the world for their performance as the masses were already looking forward to their next concert which is still unknown to them.

“Last night was great isn’t it? We finally did it! We have a celebratory after party tonight to thank the staff and team for making our concert a success and after that we’ll have our promotion schedules again. I heard from manager oppa that he had been getting calls after calls from different brands that wants us as the face of their businesses. Apparently, this is really big!” Jisoo said. “Yeah, a 2 hour concert did that. We all did that! Have you guys seen the news? Our faces are plastered all over it!” Chaeng said as she noticed the other two members looked earily nervous and quiet.  “Ya, what’s up with you two? You two look like you’re expecting the reaper to take you anytime?” Chaeng said as Lisa looked at Jennie and then Chaeng. “Well, you see, today, our parents are both going to come for lunch.” Lisa said. “WTH? You invited your parents to lunch and didn’t tell us? We could have invited ours too!” Chaeng replied annoyingly. “No Chaeng, it isn’t like that really. We’ve invited both our parents today because we are going to tell them about Jennie and I’s relationship.” Lisa explained. Chaengs jaw dropped as she looked at them both and then at Jisoo. “Jisoo unnie, did you know anything about this?” Chaeng asked.

 

“As a matter of fact, I do. I’ve heard them talk about it back and forth a few times that’s why I made my own schedule to go out with my family today to give them this space and as for you, aren’t you going to spend the day with your family too before we go to the staff party tonight?” Jisoo asked Chaeng. “Yes, you’re right unnie. I mean I knew they were talking about telling them but I didn’t think that was going to happen today. I guess I was just surprised they are really doing this now.” Chaeng said as she faces the two. “Are you ladies sure about this? You’re really going to tell them? For one, there’s a lot at stake here for both of you. Have you guys thought of your parent’s reaction after you tell them the fact? Jennie, are both of your parents coming?” Chaeng asked.

 

“Yes, they’re both coming. My mom said my dad is off today so they can both come here and have lunch. “Jennie said. “ unnie, your dad is coming? That’s really something.” Chaeng said. “Jendeukie, Lalisa, I will ask you this once though, Have you guys thought about this long and hard? I mean I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but are you guys sure you want to do this now?” Jisoo asked the two. “Yes unnie, we both are. Eventually, they will find out and we don’t want that to come from other people or the news if ever one day this relationship gets exposed, we want our own families to know first. It’s important for them to know and for us to find out if they support it or not. Either way, we’re all adults here. Although, I am nervous, I think it’s worth the risk.” Jennie said. “I’m really nervous Nini, I know I’m the one who was eager to do this at first but now that it’s really going to happen oh my god, I feel like my insides are being tied into knots. Which reminds me, how should I dress? This is all going to happen in a few hours, I should have bought something to wear.” Lisa said as she started to pace and look around. Jennie then slid her hands on Lisa’s waist and rested her chin on her shoulder. “You look good in anything that you wear though, I don’t think it’s going to be a problem. Plus, you have me there. I am more nervous because I am cooking for our parents for the first time I hope they don’t choke.” Jennie said as Lisa kissed her forehead. “I’m sure they will love it. You’re a great cook Nini.” Lisa encouraged the girl.

 

“Well, whatever happens, let us know okay? If you need us for some reason, don’t hesitate to call either of us okay?”Jisoo said. Chaeng and I are going to head out shortly I just need to wrap some gifts for my nieces and we’re out of here.” Jisoo said. “You girls, please don’t forget to update us okay? You can do this! Fighting!” Chaeng said as she hugged the girls and wished them luck.

 

Jennie and Lisa were left at the dorm as they prepare the food and the table for their parents. “This is really it.” Jennie said. “It’s really happening.” “Hey, I’m here. I’m nervous too but if you’re feeling scared or nervous or all of the above, hold my hand okay?” Lisa said as she comforts the girl. “Okay.” Jennie responded.

 

Shortly after, a knock arrived at the door. Jennie and Lisa looked at each other waiting weather who’s going to open it. “I’ll do it.” Lisa said as she opened the door. “Mom! Dad! I’m glad you made it. Thanks for being here!” Lisa said as she hugged her parents. “We’ve been eager to see you since last night, I’m glad we have this time today.” Lisa’s mom said happily as she saw Jennie that stood beside her daughter. “Jennie! It’s so nice to see you again! You look great!” Lisa’s mom greeted the girl with a hug. “It’s so nice to see you again too Mrs Manoban! I hope you’ll like what we’ve prepared for you!” Jennie said shyly. “Mom, Jennie cooked all of what we’re eating today for lunch.” Lisa said proudly. “Oh is that so? Then I’m already loving it! I taught her a lot if you didn’t know.” Lisa’s mom said with a smirk. “She did mom, just recently! And you never told me about it!” Lisa said as her mom laughed. “Your mom couldn’t stop talking about how Jennie listened to her tips and all of that I was beginning to wonder if she’s our daughter or you. I love you but honey, you couldn’t cook for the life of us.” Lisa’s dad added as the four of them cracked in laughter. “But you love me though Dad isn’t it?” Lisa said as she hugged her dad. “Why don’t we go to the dining hall now? My parents should be here in a few minutes.” Jennie said. “Oh, your parents are coming too Jennie?” Lisa’s mom asked. “Yes ma’am, both my parents are coming today as well.” Jennie said as she gave Lisa’s mother a small smile. “Well that’s great! It would be nice to catch up with your mom it’s been a while since we’ve sat all together.” Lisa’s mom smiled. As both girls looked at each other even more nervous at what’s about to go down soon.

 

A few minutes had passed as Jennie’s parents finally arrived. “Hello dear, it’s nice to see you! The three of us are going to finally have a meal together after a long time!” Her mother said excitingly. “Hi Mom, Dad, I’m glad you made it. His dad smiled as he hugged his daughter “Of course my child, it has been a while and I wanted to see how you are myself.” Her dad spoke as he glanced around the dorm. “Are there other people in here today?” Her dad asked. “Yes, the Manoban’s, Lisa’s parents are here too for lunch.” Jennie answered her dad. “I see, I haven’t met them yet, that would be nice. Are they good people?” Her Dad asked again. However, before Jennie could answer, her mom already did. “They are good people honey, I’ve met Lisa’s mom a few times and have had dinner with them in some occasions. Her parents own a large business in Thailand, they are in the food industry.” Jennie’s mom said as she thanked her mother mentally for introducing Lisa’s parents like that to her father. “Phew good save” Jennie thought to herself as they walked towards the dining hall to meet the Manobans.

 

“Hello, it’s nice to meet all of you today, I hope we can all get along. I’ve heard about you from my wife today, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Jennie’s dad greeted the Manobans as they all stood up, bowed and shook each other’s hands. As the six of them sat together, they started to see what Jennie had prepared for Lunch. “This looks really good Jennie, where did you ladies get these?” Jennie’s Mom asked. “She prepared all of these ma’am she wanted to cook for you and made this all happen.” Lisa said proudly. “Really? That’s great! I didn’t know you could cook like this dear I’m excited to taste it!” Jennie’s mom said excitingly. “Lisa’s mom taught me most of the things I know in terms of cooking. She helped me a lot mom and I learned a lot from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter